Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 27 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #261
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerjunker View Post
Fantastic Work Surrexen. Excellent mission and the closest thing I've seen to a dynamic campaign.

Asking for a friend, is there any way to keep the audio files when AI drops a bomb or foxes on a bandit, but disable them when clients do in multiplayer? Love the feedback from the AI, but when I drop a bomb, I like to make the call to my package and the audio sometimes interrupts/duplicates the calls.

And one last question, can the elevation in the reports be changed to feet instead of meters? Is it a function of the _Settings:SetImperial() in the .lua? Thanks for your help. Keep up the great work.
For the audio on weapon firing, no not really ... you either switch them off via the radio menu and it's off for everyone, or you leave them on.

As for target elevation, I vaguely remember I need it in Imperial or something else goes haywire ... can't remember exactly. I can add target elevation in feet separately anyway.

Edit: Target elevation in ft will be in the next version, it'll be rounded down to the nearest foot, but i think that will be accurate enough.

Last edited by Surrexen; 12-09-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Surrexen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:15 AM   #262
Surrexen

PSA: I've just found there is a bug with the mission validation script to do with persistency for statics, under some circumstances when the mission starts if it pulls a mission to do with a static that was previously destroyed, the script will not fire properly. I have corrected this and will get an update out as soon as I can. This applies to Snowfox, Clear Field, Jupiter and Secret Squirrel.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:10 AM   #263
Surrexen

v119 is up and contains a critical fix.

Changelog v119
- Bug in mission validation for statics if the initial mission target was a previously destroyed static has been corrected
- JF-17 default loadout for fuel tanks changed to centreline tank
- Red squadron cruise/intercept speeds slightly adjusted (they are a little faster now)
- EWR network is no longer invisible/immortal
- 5 new mission targets (EWR radars) added
- Red and Blue defence networks enhanced to include all radar capable ground and sea units
- Bandar Abbas SA-5/SA-10 launcher positions corrected
- Bandar Abbas Hawk radar positions adjusted slightly
- Some EWR radar positions adjusted slightly
- Target report target elevation now listed in meters as well as feet
Old 12-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #264
sirrah

Hey Surrexen,

I assume you didn't add JTAC laser guidance to the AI drones, for balancing reasons?

Can I add this option in the ME myself, or will that break anything?
System specs: Core i7-8700k - GTX 1080ti - Z370 - 16gb DDR4 - Oculus Rift cv1 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #265
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
Hey Surrexen,

I assume you didn't add JTAC laser guidance to the AI drones, for balancing reasons?

Can I add this option in the ME myself, or will that break anything?
The JTAC is using standard DCS JTAC options, so they will use laser if they can. When the drones orbit the sector, they are not able to see/laze everything in the sector, but most things will be covered. For example, Abu Musa will be completely covered, but Havadarya is not. Also like usual, the JTAC will not laser buildings.

Also I'm hearing there might be an issue with ranging in general at the moment so it might be something to do with that. Something is up with the red planes not locking on/using Fox 1 / Fox 3 missiles from range by the looks. They seem to want to close in very close before firing on player controlled aircraft. I have been investigating this for a couple of days and it looks like it is being cause by the more recent versions of Moose.

I have realised that I don't have the J-11A from the FC3 pack included so I have added that in for the next version, along with some script fixes/adjustments. Not sure when this update will be ready though.

Edit: Someone else on discord is telling me they aren't getting any lasers either. Investigating.

I've just re-tested the drones and they do seem to be working
Keep in mind if the drone isn't in position over the target it may not give you the option for a Type 2 scenario (which gives the laser).
If you don't get a type 2, check out with them on the radio, wait for them to be closer and then check in again and see if it gives you a type 2 scenario.
I just took out the Larak island silkworm site using laser guided mavericks whilst getting the target lasered from the drone.

Last edited by Surrexen; 12-15-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:12 AM   #266
Surrexen

Ok so a major drama is in the process of being solved. It was reported to me that enemy planes were not engaging with Fox 1 or Fox 3 missiles. It took me nearly 3 days of solid testing to duplicate and isolate the problem. It appears that the issue is related to newer versions of Moose, and that this issue must have been introduced around the time when I added 'precise' coordinates to the target report.

I have now reverted back to a version I was using in August, and got it working with the precise coordinates for the target report and the enemy planes are now engaging player aircraft with radar missiles again properly. Because of the amount of rip and tear it took to isolate the problem, I now have the great fun job of reassembling both Snowfox and Clear Field with all the fixes and changes.

Last edited by Surrexen; 12-15-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #267
Surrexen

v120 is up.

Changelog v120 - Contains a critical fix

- Critical fix: Red aircraft will now engage player aircraft with radar missiles again (Rolled back to Moose from August)
- Some script corrections
- J-11A added
- MiG-29A AI template loadout changed missiles R-27R to R-27ER
Old 12-16-2019, 05:12 AM   #268
Surrexen

We're going to Nevada next ...

... Soon (TM).