Warm up

grafspee

I am flying on Mp server, ambient temp about 6C.

Question

Why warming up A8 take like 10 times longer then any other warbird we have right now ??

Can someone explain this to me ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team
I am flying on Mp server, ambient temp about 6C.

Question

Why warming up A8 take like 10 times longer then any other warbird we have right now ??

Can someone explain this to me ?

Because you have a fan and never-closed slots for cooling air. I guess so.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Because you have a fan and never-closed slots for cooling air. I guess so.

Can ground crew put 50% cover on fan inlet to help in cold weather operations.

And btw can we get cold weather cooler screens for spit and p-51 too ??

P-51 had one instaled in temps below 5C, i guess that spit had something similar

In temp below -10 i dont think so that warm up will be possible in A8

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I tried the warm-up for the Anton in a cold-star mission at 23°C outside air temperature. It took 5 minutes at 1200 RPM to reach 30°, plus another 5 minutes at 1500 RPM to reach 50°C. Radiator flaps were closed during this time.

For comparison, I ran the cold start mission for the Dora. OAT was 10°C. The whole warm-up cycle took 3 minutes.

The Anton's warm-up seems very long indeed. Is it realistic?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
I tried the warm-up for the Anton in a cold-star mission at 23°C outside air temperature. It took 5 minutes at 1200 RPM to reach 30°, plus another 5 minutes at 1500 RPM to reach 50°C. Radiator flaps were closed during this time.

For comparison, I ran the cold start mission for the Dora. OAT was 10°C. The whole warm-up cycle took 3 minutes.

The Anton's warm-up seems very long indeed. Is it realistic?

Just compare both heat dump flow: Dora has the radiator in the zone of the lowest prop wash central zone and closed cowl flaps. And finally it has a thermostatic valve... (we had ten reasons do defeat: the first one - we had no powder. - OK, other nine does not matter).

190A has cowl flaps open, and the area is not small.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Just compare both heat dump flow: Dora has the radiator in the zone of the lowest prop wash central zone and closed cowl flaps. And finally it has a thermostatic valve... (we had ten reasons do defeat: the first one - we had no powder. - OK, other nine does not matter).

190A has cowl flaps open, and the area is not small.

OK. scramble in fw190 a8 is a pain :)