Off line with AI wingman - formation

Belly

Hello,

When playing offline with a wingman without specific flight route, this wingman follows (fine) you but he remains far from you at many hundred meters. For ww2 atmosphere it could be better.

I have tried to add 1 or 2 waypoints around the airfield with the formation option to get him closer, without success :(

What do you recommend to get the wingman flying not too far from his leader (the player) ?

Also, I would appreciate to be able to ask AI to change the formation type.

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

In the mission editor you can add ww2 formation types to the advanced waypoint tasking. Then, the AI will fly the formation you specified from the start. It's up to the mission maker. In all my campaigns I use a close "WW2 fighter VIC" formation.

Thanks for the tip :) didnt knew that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you very much for your answer Reflected :)

I think I have done what you do, but I still do not manage to get the wingman close to me. It is on a SP mission in Fw190A8.

This evening, I will try on another SP mission in Spitfire.

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

After many tests, I get it :thumbup:

It was the CAS default option which makes the mess. Just remove it and it works.

Thank you Reflected to show me the path.

Belly