Rudder trim speed has changed with DCS 2.5.5.31917 Open Beta

It is now moving in shorter steps. It takes longer time to move. People have wished for a shorter step and a user mod doing this exists.

Spitfire isn't mentioned at all in the DCS 2.5.5.31917 Open Beta change log. The elevator trim speed seems unchanged.

I wish the Spitfire had the same "speed increases if button held x secs" as the P51 does. It is tedious to switch between takeoff trim and landing trim.

P51 trim works in three modes.

a) single taps move small steps

b) Held button moves slow for two seconds

c) Held button moves fast after two seconds

(estimate two seconds)

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I have noticed this change as well. Actually something else that got skipped over were the added/improved round impact vfx

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Two other things happened that never happened to me before that makes me wonder if damage model was changed.

a) Tire blowout. Landing wasn't all pretty but no wing scraping. I've landed the Spit a lot so seems weird I've never seen this before.

b) Ripped off wing tip in high speed snap roll. This could be I seldom (ever) do snap rolls. Was only yanking stick to verify the ASI AoA bug.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Indeed, the rudder trim speed has changed, and I don't know if it's related to the last update but my visor goes broken for no reason, even on parking with new plane my visor won't turn on, and when it does, sometimes in middle of flight it turn off and impossible to turn it on again ( and I didn't get shot from ennemy planes)

Spitfire isn't mentioned at all in the DCS 2.5.5.31917 Open Beta change log.
Happens all of the time, changelogs doesn't show all of the minor changes. But apparently that's not the only change/bugfix in all the WWII modules.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Indeed, the rudder trim speed has changed, and I don't know if it's related to the last update but my visor goes broken for no reason, even on parking with new plane my visor won't turn on, and when it does, sometimes in middle of flight it turn off and impossible to turn it on again ( and I didn't get shot from ennemy planes)

If by visor you mean Gun Sight, others have noted this also.

I find it irritating. When going through the startup, it takes FOR-EV-ER to turn the rudder trim (by clicking). I like that it is slow for flight though. I'm thinking it might be better at it's previous speed for when being interacted with the mouse, but through a key/button press, this current speed is good.

This isn't anything game breaking or anything like that. It's just an annoyance is all.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I find it irritating. When going through the startup, it takes FOR-EV-ER to turn the rudder trim (by clicking). I like that it is slow for flight though. I'm thinking it might be better at it's previous speed for when being interacted with the mouse, but through a key/button press, this current speed is good.

This isn't anything game breaking or anything like that. It's just an annoyance is all.

The problem is not that it takes long, it is 30 notches either way, the problem now is that the knob in the cockpit no longer works. Yes it takes a long time to turn it but look at the rudder, it does not move at all when you turn the knob. 30 notches with the button gives you significantly more deflection than I remember with it before.

The problem is not that it takes long, it is 30 notches either way, the problem now is that the knob in the cockpit no longer works. Yes it takes a long time to turn it but look at the rudder, it does not move at all when you turn the knob. 30 notches with the button gives you significantly more deflection than I remember with it before.

the rudder doesn't turn with the trim but just a little flap on it

its realy minor issue you can hold button for this while doing something else

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

the rudder doesn't turn with the trim but just a little flap on it

it depends. rudder knob is deflecting rudder trim tab on the ground it will do nothing but in flight it will deflect whole rudder

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yep, I love this change when in flight, but not when getting into take-off mode. Still, that is a small price to pay.

Thanks, ED!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Never the less, if you use the new trim rudder one notch, it will take 30 "notches" to fully deflect the rudder and the trim wheel in the cockpit will not move.

I'm sorry but I don't get it.... maybe a language problem by me...

If I click my assigned button 1 time then the wheel in the cockpit move of x degrees, and every click I see it moving... and outside I see the trim on the rudder moving...

I tried with the mouse with the scrolling wheel and it works, tried clicking it and moving the mouse and works...

please explain better because I can't understand what you mean

:cry:

One thing I don't understand here, is why you guys are not using the trim hat left and right for this!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

One thing I don't understand here, is why you guys are not using the trim hat left and right for this!

I'm using it, but I tried to understand where is the problem 71st_AH Rob mentioned. I tried everything and I just like how is now the trim. Yes.. you need a couple of seconds more when you are on the ground to move the trim but in flight it's absolutely great.. no more wagging