Tonka next?

Xxx

Speaking from a product management point of view, for HB it would make more sense to develop the A-6 first. This is a grumman aircraft, multicrew, t's out of service everywhere, it's a Navy airplane and from the same era as the F-14, so it checks literally all boxes for being the next product and something that fits a logical product development strategy.

With that said, and as much as I'd totally love the A-6, a Tornado is sorely missing from the simulation landscape nearly as much as the F-14 was.

The A-6 would be amazing! Shrikes, bombs, and even some air to air refueling. :pilotfly:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No.

Care to elaborate where you got that information?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

;3877239']Tornado is the king of kings! (come at me!)

GR4 is the best mud mover in the world

F3 can't really dance but it can carry the AMRAAM :D

Nothing would make me happier than to see HB do the Tonka, please Universe... make it happen!

Who needs to dance if you can spAMRAAM with a plane that is silimarly cool and iconic as the Tomcat? rdlaugh.png

Being from Germany, I'd absolutely love to have the British GR.4 as I see it as the pinnacle of the PA.200 family. I mean, just imagine satisfying the need you feel, down low at 200ft, popping up and lobbing all those shiny little Brimstones at your targets with their millimetre wave guidance and being outta there as quickly as you came in... who needs an AH-64D anymore if you can have this? dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The GR.4 is the pinnacle? The GR.4 was put into service in the 90s. I don't know how much it got improved since then. :dunno:

The german ASSTA 3.1 on the other hand has been put into service in 2016 and has all new avionics:

-https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ila-german-tornado-upgrade-on-track-as-laser-jdam-t-376386/

-https://www.dglr.de/fileadmin/inhalte/dglr/fb/q3/veranstaltungen/Q3_2014_40_Jahre_Tornado/8_Berndt-Tornado_in_den_besten_Jahren_Potentielle_Zukunftsthemen.pdf

(german only unfortunately :()

Tornado1.thumb.jpg.e1d186e8398016fde9cfda2f9381b395.jpg

Tornado2.thumb.jpg.007331fd4a91a51d436e5556f95167da.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Don't aim too modern, guys, this is beyond F-14D level.

A 1980ies GR.1 or IDS would be perfectly fine, maybe the first british version that could carry ALARMs or the german Marine (= Navy) version that was Kormoran-ASM- and basic-HARM-capable.

Anything beyond that like e.g. ECR is too classified and out of the current scope of DCS-capabilities and -possibilities.

Imagine doing 550 KIAS at 200 FT GND in IMC, with terrain-following autopilot in hardride mode, deep inside enemy territory, while the backseater id's the target bridge on the A/G radar.

Edited by Shadoga

If we get a Tornado for DCS it will most probably be the the original Cold War variant, which has the advantage that there are pretty much no differences between the 3 Tornado nations. The differences came later as everyone upgraded their Tornados on their own.

Tornado3 small.jpg

If we get a Tornado for DCS it will most probably be the the original Cold War variant, which has the advantage that there are pretty much no differences between the 3 Tornado nations. The differences came later as everyone upgraded their Tornados on their own.

Yeah, this and differences shouldn't be too hard to implement for each variant

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I dont know much about the Tornado but I'd buy it day 1 for sure.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The biggest issue with the Tonka is going to be getting declassified info about it. European countries and especially the UK are very tight lipped when it comes to military aircraft and systems. So you’re going to be looking at an original IDS or GR1, which pretty much had dumb bombs, JP233 and could carry paveways but didn’t have its own laser to self designate with afaik.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The GR.4 is the pinnacle? The GR.4 was put into service in the 90s. I don't know how much it got improved since then. :dunno:

The german ASSTA 3.1 on the other hand has been put into service in 2016 and has all new avionics

Well, in terms of what could be done realistically for DCS, and I was dreaming about the Brimstone - the LW doesn't have anything like that, so I was rather speaking what can be done with the airframe and not how well or easily it could be done (guess that point clearly goes to the ASSTA 2 and up). The most modern glass cockpit is just highly unlikely to come to DCS in foreseeable time. The GR.4 might just be possible, maybe even the German ASSTA 1. But I doubt anything beyond that would be realistically expectable in the next few years. And I'd be glad about the original GR.1 and alikes for Germany and Italy already.

Bruh..... is ANOTHER thread for this really necessary?

I'd say we just can't have enough Tornado threads until we've got an official announcement rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg