Uninstalling the Hawk

The Hawk is unfortunately no longer available, but it still sits in the hard drive, wasting space.

How do I remove it? As far as I can see, there are Hawk folders in DCS World Open Beta/mods/aircraft/, and saved games/DCS.openbeta/config/input

There's also a registry key.

Is it safe to just delete these folders and key? Is there anything else I missed?

You know it's still an AI unit, right? It's not flyable, but it did not magically disappear. If you just whack directories you'll probably break it. It's also not very big, so hardly an issue.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It's 3,2GB on my install.

whoa, I'm gonna have to check that out on my system. No need to keep at this point.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You know it's still an AI unit, right? It's not flyable, but it did not magically disappear. If you just whack directories you'll probably break it. It's also not very big, so hardly an issue.

It has a folder in dcs folder\CoreMods\aircraft\Hawk , so that has the plane model for AI use etc 787MB

Probably safe to delete dcs folder\Mods\aircraft\Hawk and save 3.2GB of space

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I hope not, that wouldn't make any sense if we can't fly it. In fact, I was hoping that the Hawk files would be deleted with the update that disabled it.
If you deinstall the module through the Module manager, or delete the folder under mods, should not reinstall the module with the next update, only core files.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Another question : is it possible to move the two folders into savedgames/mods/aircraft folder and keep it as a mod ?

That's an interesting question...... I don't see why you couldn't. Never tried anything like that, though

hawk cannot be flyable since the dll is out of date and cannot be loaded by latest dcs. So even you put them under saved game, no go except for AI.

Well, that's true. I was meaning in general :P I guess you could move an aircraft module to the saved games folder, and it should still work theoretically, although I've never tried to do that. It wouldn't add missing capability, as you say, but whatever is "there" should still work normally, I think.

So what´s the difference to all the other flyable mods, working since 1.1 (and adapted for 2.5) ?

Those mods use other modules or dcs’s dlls which are always latest and compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

So what´s the difference to all the other flyable mods, working since 1.1 (and adapted for 2.5) ?
The other modules get compiled by their developers for a new DCS release, creating a "compatible" dll.

As VEAO is no longer compiling it and ED does not have access to the source code... dead lock.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I used skatezilla's app and just uninstall it.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

So, it´s the bin folder...

Hawk is gone for me, deleted all.

BREXIT NOW !

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2