RANSOMWARE hole fixed for XP and SRV2003, PATCH available

Which MS KB exactly fix this issue?

it came out march 13th or 14th iirc, for 7 and 8

10 was never at risc.

XP i dunno, you gotta google it but there is one available

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team
it came out march 13th or 14th iirc, for 7 and 8

10 was never at risc.

XP i dunno, you gotta google it but there is one available

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

It will only continue to get worse, more NSA tools are out there being used by villains, this is just the beginning of what is to come.

This is probably not even the worst possible outcome. Unpatched Windows PCs, well, maybe some people in important positions got the note that IT security is NOT overrated and when the IT department says they'd rather apply patches than guarantee 100% uptime for all services, well, maybe, just maybe they're actually right. As in: total cost of patching might be lower than total cost of not patching after all. ;)

But Internet of Things, OMFG, we already have all kinds of boxes that never get patched, and soon almost every frigging fridge and dishwasher will be connected to the Internet. We've already seen some of the most powerful DDoS attacks in the history of the Internet, coming from IoT devices.

Let's hope that topic is going to be addressed as well in the very near future.

Anyway, epic screenshot! :D

Which MS KB exactly fix this issue?

I run Win 7 Pro - 64 bit, still = KB4012212

Reference : Ask Woody (The Dummy Books --- author)

===================================

https://www.askwoody.com/2017/how-to-make-sure-you-wont-get-hit-by-wannacrywannacrypt/

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3196825/microsoft-windows/how-to-make-sure-your-windows-pc-wont-get-hit-by-ransomware-like-wannacrypt.html

This DCS forum, I usually just read.

(Realize one thing---I am not a PC nerd. Me compared to you guys I am still a PC newbie, but was running CNCs back in the early 1970's on self contained systems in metal machine shop in USA. Company built self-contained air conditioned rooms per machine. LOL! The machines came from Germany. 2 of our senior foremen fought against USA during WWII ! The early machines were not CNC, yet but paper tape, even before the mylar based plastic tape, and coded by hand step-by-step in binary code. )

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I run Win 7 Pro - 64 bit, still = KB4012212

Reference : Ask Woody (The Dummy Books --- author)

===================================

https://www.askwoody.com/2017/how-to-make-sure-you-wont-get-hit-by-wannacrywannacrypt/

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3196825/microsoft-windows/how-to-make-sure-your-windows-pc-wont-get-hit-by-ransomware-like-wannacrypt.html

This DCS forum, I usually just read.

(Realize one thing---I am not a PC nerd. Me compared to you guys I am still a PC newbie, but was running CNCs back in the early 1970's on self contained systems in metal machine shop in USA. Company built self-contained air conditioned rooms per machine. LOL! The machines came from Germany. 2 of our senior foremen fought against USA during WWII ! The early machines were not CNC, yet but paper tape, even before the mylar based plastic tape, and coded by hand step-by-step in binary code. )

Dire Hard,

I am doing this the other way round, just digging into Siemens Logo to program CNC machines. Those damn plans span across 4 pages on my 27"..waahaaaaaaa

SLOWLY getting into it, just not that easy with little time to spend on it.

And this Logo thing is only 1/3 of the knowlwdge I need, there is an industrial PC underneath, usually ISA or PCI based boards, Pentium I,II or III based, controller cards, the wiring for the whoile damn machine...and the machine itself.

The only good thing is I have that guy as my teacher who developed them from scratch and he wants me to overtake his job. I hope he picked the right guy...I am not so sure LoL

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

BitMaster, You have a really good opportunity, some guys would kill for, probably even where this machine is located. How old is this teacher? They must have universalized the coding by now; used to be machine specific.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My teacher is in his 60's and struggling with cancer tbh, soI must learn fast :(

The coding for the machine is done in Logo by Siemens, very straight forward.

The machines are spread all over the globe, from Germany to Moscow, Abu Dhabi, Angola etc.

Heavy Steel Industry, mostly Oil business. Everywhere where you need to cut steel up to 300mm with Gas or Plasma for thinner steel, like up to 20-30mm for Plasma cutters.

The good thing is, once I know how this works I could make a JetSeat for myself :)

The tools, motors, gears, etc..all that is in the workshop and we both share Helicopters as a hobby, in fact my teacher ( and friend ) also owns a TM WH Hotas for his Heli Simulator and MS FSX. We talked about doing gear for simmers and we would both love to do it but time limts are obvious.

Next thing I need/must do is look into thos CNC machines to fully understand how they operate, you cannot program something you have not 100% understood how it works.

For maintenance and service for oldermachines I need to get my almost forgotten DOS knowledge back up ..OMG...and work with said ISA and PCI controller cards. That part is more complex as it seems, the wiring adds another dimension to it as well.

The machines are like 7x5m +/- , many tons in weight and either driven by Gas or Electricity, depending on what you plan to cut.

I am servicing that company for 8 years now in IT, built all their servers and Firewalls, Desktops and Workstations, this new thing is just WAY different form what I am used to do but I like new challenges and the option to fly around the globe for work aint bad either.

Still, this is not written in concrete yet and I have to learn fast to catch up befor emy buddy passes away, his timer is counting down :(

Nice !

For our sake those hackers are not very educated in programming, rather lego like copy & paste module.