Does the Visible Range setting affect TGP?

Kayos

Does the Visible Range setting affect TGP?

I'm having a hard time finding things in the TGP sometimes and I'm wondering if it is due to it not being drawn because the Visible Range setting is too low or if it's just the crappy resolution of the Rift.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want to assure you that it is an ongoing complaint that has been brought up myriad times in multiple contexts. It is very difficult to spot targets with the tgp because the infrared capabilities have not been effectively written into the code. Until that basic problem is addressed you'll need to use other means to assist target acquisition; for example, direct visualization with VR zoom and keeping a sharp eye out for tracer fire and adjusting your gain and boat switch. I fly on the "Through the Inferno" server and always use a Huey to place a JTAC to help pilots acquire targets before I climb in a striker myself. Clearly, one gets better with practice but it still can be a source of great frustration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to assure you that it is an ongoing complaint that has been brought up myriad times in multiple contexts. It is very difficult to spot targets with the tgp because the infrared capabilities have not been effectively written into the code. Until that basic problem is addressed you'll need to use other means to assist target acquisition; for example, direct visualization with VR zoom and keeping a sharp eye out for tracer fire and adjusting your gain and boat switch. I fly on the "Through the Inferno" server and always use a Huey to place a JTAC to help pilots acquire targets before I climb in a striker myself. Clearly, one gets better with practice but it still can be a source of great frustration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AMEN to that Brother! Many times this has been discussed in many threads. I wound up taking a break from the A-10C due to frustration of the TGP, I fly the KA-50 till its resolved.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

AMEN to that Brother! Many times this has been discussed in many threads. I wound up taking a break from the A-10C due to frustration of the TGP, I fly the KA-50 till its resolved.

Should be for 2017 but nothing less sure with ED. I use Starway's GTM with good results. The other GTM (Mustang, Bartek, etc) give poor results in TGPs.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Ah, ok. Thanks. Is anyone else having trouble picking things out on the TGP or Mav's with the Rift? Maybe it's my age, eye are going lol.

As others have said it's down to ED's implementation of thermal, or lack of it.

Thermal in DCS is merely your standard color image with a black and white filter on it.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Should be for 2017 but nothing less sure with ED. I use Starway's GTM with good results. The other GTM (Mustang, Bartek, etc) give poor results in TGPs.

I have tried many flavors myself,,, never really got what I needed. I realize there are also many other variables to consider, but I tinkered for quite sometime,,, frustration got the best of me in the long run.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

It becomes better how? With each update? What do you mean exactly? Thanks

Another TGP issue is it related???

I don't use a headset just 3 - 27" Raptor Monitors with a 24" NEC for the MFD's, I can see the targets just fine but I have a rough time trying to get a lock in POINT mode, esp. on moving targets. It gets better when I fly right at the targets, but I'd prefer to lock up on them and then turn into for attack.

Any suggestions or insights???

It becomes better how? With each update? What do you mean exactly? Thanks

with the terrain mods, i meant. sorry.

it's still papering over a hole, but it does make it slightly better if you make certain changes.

So you are relying solely on the MODs or are you running the MODS and making other adjustments to something yourself in addition to running the MODS? Thanks