Sending data to wingmen?

JG-1_Vogel

Is it possible to send mark point data to wingmen using the datalink? It would be great to allow flight members to instantly slew to the target group you're looking at to coordinate attacks if they have trouble finding them. In the Ka-50 the datalink is essential and it would seem silly for it not to be possible in the Hog.

as mentioned above and you can also send text messages.
And in addition to sending a text message you can also send the target message in a way you'd recieve from the AI JTAC. This way the receiver will receive an attack order which he/she can accept or cancel. Take note though, the elevation of the target as given in the attack message is bugged right now so you'll have to manually adjust it.
Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

This video walks you though exactly what i think you are asking about

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Just set your flight to same group and each A-10C as own ID in TAD. Then you can see each others SPI moving in TAD, and you can make others SPI as your own and slave all sensors to there.

Very fast and easy way to know where everyone is looking at and then just report via Radio what you find etc.

That makes A-10C very nice to fly in multiplayer. I still prefer KA-50 ABRIS and data link as its even faster and memorize more different points (deleting them is not fun).

The TAD in A-10C makes a huge benefit for flight to coordinate attacks and watch each others because realtime updates.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

yes you can. just set your SPI (by looking at HUD bottom left corner, should read TAD, TGP, MAV or TDC). Then on TAD ensure you see your wingman slew cursor over him, then TMS forward short, then click SEND OSB on TAD. He now has a new tasking with your SPI.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 years later...
yes you can. just set your SPI (by looking at HUD bottom left corner, should read TAD, TGP, MAV or TDC). Then on TAD ensure you see your wingman slew cursor over him, then TMS forward short, then click SEND OSB on TAD. He now has a new tasking with your SPI.

Is it working with AI wingman as well or you are talking in MP environment only?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Is it working with AI wingman as well or you are talking in MP environment only?

Thanks

both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

For single player missions?

Is it possible to send mark point data to wingmen using the datalink? It would be great to allow flight members to instantly slew to the target group you're looking at to coordinate attacks if they have trouble finding them. In the Ka-50 the datalink is essential and it would seem silly for it not to be possible in the Hog.

Hi all, this is prob a stupid question but can this be used in single player campaign missions or is this only for real time multiplayers?

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉