Third party Flanker edition?

jackmckay

No.

I preffer DCS ED SU-27 Edition.

Agreed. Realistically the best we could get is the Su-27S and that may not even be possible. But if it is then ED has a lot of the work done for it in FC3.

I think ED has done a remarkable job upgrading and evolving the FC3 Flanker over the past few years. I'm very satisfied with what their vision is for the future of this aircraft.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

@probad What do you think about 'motivation behind this thread'?

@buzzles Probably not.

But If I would I'd rather start from advanced DX12 engine, procedural terrain, adaptive dummy model (same for aiframes as missiles) with integrated inertial matrix system, primitive CFD, ballistic motion vector correction, procedural damage model, frequency sensor behavior, RCS/TCS engine, multicore feature, HPC clustering, 40ms CPU cycle.. etc.

Why I am asking is that I would like to see egg. RAZBAM making it for the sake of second opinion, and if it has clickable cockpit I would pay 50$.

Maybe Su-30 variant?

Edited by jackmckay

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Whether or not we want a full fidelity SU-27 (or Mig-29 (or anything else)) for DCS is irrelevant. If the manufacturer and the Russian MoD doesn't want us to have one it won't happen. Customer interest isn't the only thing that decides which aircraft can or cannot be made for DCS...

Whether or not we want a full fidelity SU-27 (or Mig-29 (or anything else)) for DCS is irrelevant. If the manufacturer and the Russian MoD doesn't want us to have one it won't happen. Customer interest isn't the only thing that decides which aircraft can or cannot be made for DCS...

Well I mean, it definitely IS relevant, because if the Russian MoD give it the green light but nobody wants to pay for it, then it would be a financial mistake for ED to go through with it.

I would say that demand for the module is a critical factor in whether or not it gets made, regardless of any other hurdles there may be.

(And just to register my interest - the Su-27 is my all-time favorite airframe and would pay full price for a high-fidelity module without hesitation.)

PS: you may be making assumptions about what "permissions" are necessary. Have you not seen that little notice in the loading screen?

To paraphrase - "Something something none of the manufacturers or other brand holders of equipment featured endorse this product in any way something something"

Edited by p1t1o

PS: you may be making assumptions about what "permissions" are necessary. Have you not seen that little notice in the loading screen?

To paraphrase - "Something something none of the manufacturers or other brand holders of equipment featured endorse this product in any way something something"

Endorsing is rather different from allowing someone to use your IP.

We might get a Flanker at some point, it just probably will be an early or export version if we ever do.

Endorsing is rather different from allowing someone to use your IP.

We might get a Flanker at some point, it just probably will be an early or export version if we ever do.

Su27S of the FC3 is early variant, and thats waht we could get a fully clickable pit version of it.

Only difference between Vanilla Su27 is the Su27SS is the Engine used. The S was mainline production with a better engine, and the totally vanilla su27 was pre production.

Any case this is the Early variant so to speak. its not modernized in any way, and its from the Soviet Cold war Era.

Anyways The issue was only with a 21st century upgraded flanker. the Su27Sm Besides i dont think Wag would have said this if the Su27S was not possible. its certainly on their to do list.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

No Direct x12 would limit the amount of players. Not everyone has windows 10, and DX12 is exclusive to it.

Some poll results, seems quite a bit of people still have windows 7. DX11 still looks good, and no point changing the engine to have newer DX12 rendering if most wont get to enjoy it, or Limit players in a already niche Community.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=64350&page=42

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

No Direct x12 would limit the amount of players. Not everyone has windows 10, and DX12 is exclusive to it.

Some poll results, seems quite a bit of people still have windows 7. DX11 still looks good, and no point changing the engine to have newer DX12 rendering if most wont get to enjoy it, or Limit players in a already niche Community.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=64350

That poll is from 2010...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

That poll is from 2010...

with the lastest posting and votes being from 2017....

besides its should be obvious Windows 10 didn't exist in 2010......, or even Windows 8 for that matter

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Some aircraft are also left out of DCS for monetary reasons. The owner of the IP needs to give permission to use said IP to the level of detail that they approve (meaning FC3 level licensing is probably easier to get than a full fidelity license), but the license holder also may want a cut from the sales of the module. If the cut is large enough a developer might just end the project there because they believe it will not be economically viable.

So its not only about the license, but also how much a license costs to use. This is mostly ignored when people talk about wanting a module on DCS.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

... I'd rather start from advanced DX12 engine, procedural terrain, adaptive dummy model (same for aiframes as missiles) with integrated inertial matrix system, primitive CFD, ballistic motion vector correction, procedural damage model, frequency sensor behavior, RCS/TCS engine, multicore feature, HPC clustering, 40ms CPU cycle.. etc.

Why I am asking is that I would like to see egg. RAZBAM making it for the sake of second opinion, and if it has clickable cockpit I would pay 50$.

Maybe Su-30 variant?

Can I get the telephone number to your dealer pls. Seems like you are on best high ever :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

burden of proof is on him since making these claims that the flanker is "nerfed" or rather intentionally not performing as intended as its real life counterpart.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro