Take Off in the Bf 109K-4 - Page 33 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #321
jcomm

Reputation power: 18
jcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nice

I still can't perform wheel landings in DCS, any of the ww2 aircraft....
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:23 AM   #322
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 5
LeCuvier will become famous soon enoughLeCuvier will become famous soon enoughLeCuvier will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
I still can't perform wheel landings in DCS, any of the ww2 aircraft....
I know how it feels! My first taildragger was the FW-190D, and it took me forever to take off, and an eternity to land without breaking my neck. I can do it safely now provided I'm fully concentrated. I think I have developed some reflexes that really help, because there is not enough time to think-decide-act. Today I find the Bf-109K easier both in take-off and landing. It seems more stable (or smooth?) at low speed and therefore doesn't need as much corrective input. With the FW-190 it always feels like it's making its own crosswind; so I use the ailerons to keep the direction and the rudder to stay aligned with the runway.
My CH Pro Pedals have a distinct center bump, and that doesn't help when you need to make small control inputs around the center. I have ordered the MFG pedals and hope that they will fix that.
But no matter how good you get, keep in mind what Erich Brunotte said: "with the FW-190 your 100th take-off or landing requires as much concentration as your first one!"
Old 05-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #323
amazingme

Reputation power: 3
amazingme will become famous soon enoughamazingme will become famous soon enough

MFG will definitely make a difference.. a lot, for that matter. I recommend you to use the 'no center' cam with 0 deadzone. You'll notice heavy improvements..
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Sapphire AMD R9 290, Creative X-Fi, 128+256GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + MSFFB2, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:High Heatblur:High Shadows:Off Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:On DoF:Off Lensirt C/G:390m Trees:5990m R:150km
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #324
Whisper

Reputation power: 13
Whisper has a spectacular aura aboutWhisper has a spectacular aura aboutWhisper has a spectacular aura about

I find hardware quality and settings to make a world of difference. Overcoming the oversensitivity with a bit of curve and/or saturation can do wonder.
Adding a stick extension too.
MFG pedals and similar quality products are of a huge help, even in the first hours you may not feel it. I use MFG without spring for choppers, and it's amazing how precise I can go. This boost your confidence in what you are able to control, this is a big help

And then there's VR. Again, it's another world, I've botched 2 landings in 109 with the Rift, since then, everything is easy. Even the crosswind landing from the 109 campaign (well, it's noe "easy" but really feasible).

Since hardware quality & settings goes along with passing time inside the cockpit (for example, to find the correct settings), there's a moment where it simply clicks and everything becomes smooth.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote