Hawk - Illumination

1st post - Hi everyone.

I have made a button box and have Toggle switches for the lights. They Toggle correctly and go to their respective On - Off States.

I used SVMapper for complex On/Off states where there are 2 x keybinds used.

I use J2K where the keybind is a simple 1 x Keybind.

My problem is, the switches in the games cockpit are activating, and going to their on state. However, my problem is, I can't turn them off.

For example. The Navigation Light Toggle. This (as per game menu) is bound to RCTRL-RSHIFT-C

Flip the button box toggle, and the switch in game follows (i.e. goes on). Using the same RCTRL-RSHIFT-C to switch them off doesn't work. I have tried a variety of different combination (using the keyboard). But you can't switch them off. However, you can if you use the mouse in game.

I have tried this combination with SVMapper (Press/Release). And also with J2K (act as Toggle). They come on, but don't go off. The same when entering RCTRL-RSHIFT-C on the keyboard too.

I'm just off for my nightshift, so I hope someone can tell me what a numpty I am, because I have not RTFM.

Thanks everyone.

SKdXrhX.png

• 1 year later...
I'll check the key bindings functionality and will get back to you.

Hi, just checking in to see when this problem maybe resolved.

I have had a fiddle with the new dcs v1.55 OB version with the back seat functionality and using keyboard commands I still can't get:

• The lights switches for landing, Anti-collision, Nav, etc to toggle off from the on position.
  • Assigned keyboard commands to the Mass (ARM) Key and Mass (ARM) Switch commands and they don't do anything at all. These can only be activated with mouse clicking, would be nice to be able to put them on my hotas via the saitek SST keyboard emulation.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The whole keyboard assignment file has had a make over.

We're midst testing it and it should make the main 1.5.5 patch hopefully.

Many thanks, thought it may have been in your recent rejigging of the Hawk module.

I just can't fly her until I have my hotas controlling things properly, I am not a mouse clicking freak whilst flying.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.