Stores Management?

mytai01

I wouldn't necessarily call this a bug, but the TGP should mount on station 5, NOT 6

That is nothing new, they said station 6 was only for the first iteration, station 5 will be enabled soon

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The Marines normally put the Litening on the centre-line station:

11b092d77fcedcb2105638e4ce76e5afef37a249.jpeg

Completely OT (sorry), but I never knew a Recce-Hornet was a thing. Or what is that thing under the nose for? Is that something only the Marines use? Can you easily swap it in and out (...it actually looks as bolted on like a near-permanent thing given that it appears to have non-standard special nose gear doors for this)?

Completely OT (sorry), but I never knew a Recce-Hornet was a thing. Or what is that thing under the nose for? Is that something only the Marines use? Can you easily swap it in and out (...it actually looks as bolted on like a near-permanent thing given that it appears to have non-standard special nose gear doors for this)?

Firstly sorry, I have no idea what that is but I know that even replaceable things like targeting pods generally stay on an airframe until it isn't viable anymore, the techs don't want to move them from plane to plane if they can just keep the same airframe in service with it.

They can be delicate and moving them risks damaging them, something like a recce pod like the one in the pic, even if it's replaceable, would likely remain with the airframe for the same reasons.

I suspect it's semi permanent because it probably takes the place of the radar, it will be interesting to find the true story though.

-EDIT-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Tactical_Airborne_Reconnaissance_System

It works with the Radar and replaces the gun.

Edited by launchedsquid

What is the thing on the right wingtip there? Seen it before but can’t remember.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Firstly sorry, I have no idea what that is but I know that even replaceable things like targeting pods generally stay on an airframe until it isn't viable anymore, the techs don't want to move them from plane to plane if they can just keep the same airframe in service with it.

They can be delicate and moving them risks damaging them, something like a recce pod like the one in the pic, even if it's replaceable, would likely remain with the airframe for the same reasons.

I suspect it's semi permanent because it probably takes the place of the radar, it will be interesting to find the true story though.

-EDIT-

Awesome, thanks a lot, launchedsquid!

• 2 weeks later...

-EDIT-

This sounds logical but it couldn't be further from the truth. Flir pods get moved all the time on a daily basis.

It's called ATARS, it's a permanent modification to an F/A-18D that replaces the gun with a reconnaissance system. They're only in service with the USMC.

This sounds logical but it couldn't be further from the truth. Flir pods get moved all the time on a daily basis.

According to a pilot interview I saw, he said that most squadrons only have one or two tgp's and will only move them from airframe to airframe if there is a need for it and the plane currently fitted with it is down for maintenance.