Multiplayer/Singleplayer popularity poll - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #41
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
It's less about intimidation as it is DCS online is more or less just like every other online game. The things people don't like about online play in other games applies to this community too:

Shitty attitudes (''carebearing'' doesn't really apply to this environment), rando bs behavior, unrealistic scenarios, sometimes cheating, joining a clan by nature requires commitment, etc. The 'vocal mp community' does a lot to undermine itself.
There is a point to that. Although I'd like to point out that the 'vocal community' you see isn't quite the entirety of the mp community either.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #42
DataHawk

Over the years I have played both Multiplayer and Single player
I'm not sure that they are mutually exclusive, being part of a squadron that flies for example the harrier in multiplayer doesn't prevent me from flying the hornet in single player.
I have enjoyed "DCS massive multiplayer" when you have a red vs blue with real players on both sides.
If its us vs AI then I'm more focused on the mission that me and my wingman are doing so I prefer "DCS mini multiplayer" (2-4 players)
DataHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #43
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
There is a point to that. Although I'd like to point out that the 'vocal community' you see isn't quite the entirety of the mp community either.
Yeah, of course not, but in ''open to public'' servers it's a crapshoot whether you are dealing with nice people, jerks, people screwing around, or hackers. Closed to public clan servers don't have that problem, but you all have to schedule time to play together and stick to it regularly.

As a result, people who want to avoid the more irritating aspects of online play and have a more 'sterile' calmer environment have two choices:

Clan

People who can swing the time commitment join clans. I wholeheartedly endorse clan play. However, the ones who can't (me *sadface*) end up playing offline. I like the IDEAL of multiplayer. The reality is sadly far from that ideal :p
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #44
Mnemonic
Veteran

Flying mostly single player for over a decade, recently started to fly with close friends in multiplayer on privately hosted server, not on public.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #45
MobiSev

99.99% multiplayer with a little time in the mission editor for the sole purpose of testing things/strategies out to try in MP.

I understand that this is just me and my personal preferences, but I do not see how people can play exclusively SP for as long as they do. To me, it would just get boring doing the same thing over and over with the same missions. I like the dynamic nature of MP (especially in the "capture the map" servers with Combined Arms turned on) and the higher skill of the enemies that you face.

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B

Last edited by MobiSev; 09-17-2019 at 08:43 PM.
MobiSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #46
33rd_Razorblade

looks like i am one of these blood thrilling bad language pilots they everytime rough and punching others. 100% multiplayer. the only time of singleplayer is between spool up the pc and join the server.

and by the way. we're not so bad as it looks like.
33rd_Razorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #47
DanielNL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlikely_spider View Post
[...]Why do only us singleplayer simmers have to give our reasons?
Because us MP players are convinced that MP is a very essential and human part of DCS (communication, teamwork, coordination, ...).

dutch Viper ftw. Experienced GCI, proven F-14B pilot & RIO, AV-8B and Mirage pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2015
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI)
Buddyspike BlueFlag DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: player-controllable M109 Paladin artillery - CTLD - EWR - GCI
realtime maps: gadget.buddyspike.net/
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #48
Kang

Pro MP: «Multiplayer is great because of people!»
Pro SP: «Multiplayer is horrible because of people!»

Quite frankly, it's hard to disprove that.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #49
ZoSo

Like others... I fly both but sp is mostly test bed / practice for multiplayer. Without mp I doubt I would fly nearly as much. The past year seems to have brought in a much larger mp base and that is awesome to me. And I prefer the large public pvp servers. I like ground pounding and it’s both challenging and fun to sneak around / engage real people. They are much more difficult and dynamic than so could ever be.

But.... both sides are important. There is no right or wrong way to fly DCS To each their own.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:48 PM   #50
DanielNL
Veteran

How are some people in MP "horrible" ? What have you experienced, @Kang (and others)?

dutch Viper ftw. Experienced GCI, proven F-14B pilot & RIO, AV-8B and Mirage pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2015
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI)
Buddyspike BlueFlag DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: player-controllable M109 Paladin artillery - CTLD - EWR - GCI
realtime maps: gadget.buddyspike.net/
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote