Old 09-13-2019, 11:50 PM   #51
nickcdart

Also removed from USB's....

Rift S
Thrustmaster Hotas
keyboard
Mouse

No effect, nothing...

Even removing ALL USB devices still makes the device manager flash every minute or sometimes several times...
nickcdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #52
GKOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcdart View Post
Also removed from USB's....

Rift S
Thrustmaster Hotas
keyboard
Mouse

No effect, nothing...

Even removing ALL USB devices still makes the device manager flash every minute or sometimes several times...
It is the same on my side.

Last edited by GKOver; 09-14-2019 at 07:40 AM.
GKOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #53
Devrim
Veteran

A few times, I got this error only when I did alt+tab.
PLEASE! > Microstutters ● Pauses ● Freezes ● Z-Fighting ● Mouse Offset
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #54
nickcdart

Interestingly I have removed Office 365 and the message TrackIR Plugged / Unplugged has disappeared but even more interesting is that I still get refreshes in Device Manager (Random) and pauses in DCS....
Old 10-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #55
GKOver

Another strange behaviour: If I am removing the TrackIR from the USB-Port, I am still getting the Trackir Unplugged/Plugged message randomly!!!

(Although it is not plugged in anymore!)

-> I would assume that this bug is inside DCS World and not the TrackIR device or driver.
GKOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #56
Greyman

i've had that message before, but i have never owned a trackIR.

i'd just put it down to DCS mistaking my Rift for TrackIR, but as it didn't seem to have any other effect, i just ignored it and it went away eventually
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #57
FOXFIRE TWOONE

Flyer I have been getting x52 disconnect in recent day's and also reports of malware at DCS exe. Thought may be a false positive, but not sure. During F 16 startup the other day I got the disconnect three time in a row after exiting dcs each time and restarting. I decided to unplug my internet connection and try flying offline and the disconnect stopped. Recent flights with internet connection have been without problems but I am still nervous so I unplug modem when not in use Our world is in turmoil.
Cooler Master 120m
GTX 980 Superclocked
Corsair AX850w psu
Samsung 850 ssd x 2
Sony 48 in HD TV
Trackir 5
Saitek X52
Windows 10 64
FOXFIRE TWOONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #58
nickcdart

Right some news:

After many weeks of investigation and testing I have found a resolution for now:

The answer for me was:

The LED edge connector under the I/O shroud on my motherboard was not quite connected or loose!!!!

I have an Asus ROG STRIX Z370 E Gaming Mobo and I noticed that my onboard IO port shroud had stopped illuminating as it should. This was I thought purely coincidental and I have never bothered with installing the Aura app to control it as I have no additional LED strips but even deciding to download the Aura app and running it did nothing to bring it back and illuminate. After some research I discovered others had the same issue with the LED not functioning.

The fix to get the LED resolved was to remove the mobo completely and carefully remove the IO shroud which will expose the edge connector for the LED. THE CLUE TO THE TRACK IR UNPLUGGED ISSUE LIES HERE. I surmised that if the Aura app can manipulate a shroud LED then the LED must be a device under device manager so before I proceeded I opened device manager, opened DCS in a window and ran the sim. Every time I got the notification and subsequent pause I noticed a Device Manager refresh! This was for me completely predictable under my suspicions so after several minutes of this I decided to shut down and do the work on the shroud.

In short, it worked, the Track IR message has gone, I have now re-installed my camera and track IR and used DCS for over 4 hours without a single issue except the usual pauses and glitches but NO Track IR unplugged messages at all.

Conclusion

As suspected, after I noticed the Device Manager refreshing at the same time as the message TrackIR Unplugged / plugged message appeared / disappeared which suggested to me it was hardware. After many previous hours adding and removing software and USB devices to no avail, finding the LED shroud connector being loose was my answer.

This may not be your answer and I am in no way suggesting you all disassemble your rigs but check out you device manager, check your led and other devices as in the end it was hardware not software although DCS still has these annoying pauses even though my rig is high spec:

Rog Strix Z370 E G
32 GB Ram
i7 8700 4.7GHz
Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB OC

Hope this helps somebody out as it did me....

Last edited by nickcdart; 10-18-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #59
sobe

I had a similar issue and just got tired of the problem so I bought Trackhat out of England and since then, I have had no issues. I bought the camera and wireless led set and have never had any discount issues. Also what is nice about Trackhat is that you can start or restart it even while you are in the game.
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote