Tips and Hints - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
billeinstein
ED Translator / Moderator

Send a message via MSN to billeinstein

Quote:
Before take-off

Note: The ailerons and rudder take-off trim position should be neutral; the horizontal tail take-off trim position should be set for an airplane nose-up condition.

VERY IMPORTANT: The horizontal tail Take-Off Trim Position Indicator Light on the instrument panel will come on to indicate when the control stick has been properly trimmed to the correct neutral no-load trim position. You should trim until the amber light starts to “glow” on the instrument panel. This will take about 5 to 7 seconds. The light will go out when the respective trim switch is released.

Wing Flap Lever – Should always be FULL DOWN for take-off, with or without external load.

Canopy closed – Next roll into take-off position, heading airplane straight down the runway. With nose wheel centered, hold wheel brakes.…
From a FSX F-86E/F manual
Old 07-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
Mirtma

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
first choose proper freq range, then beside the range indicator, there is a tune knob for accurate freq. Or just follow Skull's
Tnx

MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | MiG-19P | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | F-86F Sabre | Fw 190 D–9 Dora | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | A-10C | Flaming Cliffs (1, 2) 3
CA | P-51D Mustang | Ka-50 Black Shark (1) 2 | L-39 Albatros | Mirage 2000 | F-5e Tiger II | AJS37 Viggen | AV-8B N/A | F/A-18C | SA342 Gazelle | F-14 | F-16C Viper

MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3400 | 16 Gb DDR3@1866Mhz | Gigabyte GFX 1060 6GB, | SAMSUNG SM 2433BW 24" @ 1920x1200 Windows 10 | X-55 | TrackIR 5 Pro

Mirtma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeinstein View Post
Nose down trim for take off?
Dumb mistake. Fixed.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
9./JG27 DavidRed

dear devs: any ideas in which file i can change max and min FOV for the F86?the views.lua file doesnt seem to affect it at all if adjusted, and there is no entry in the server.lua file for the F86(yet?).
thx in advance.
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #15
fjacobsen

Small tip until the Mig-15 has been made less "Über"..

Try to dogfight with a L-39ZA

I only have one issue with DCS and gunfighters like the P-51D and F-86F - Even If I have the pipper right on the enemy aircraft and keep firing, the enemy aircraft takes too little damage.

I had to almost empty all my ammo with the F-86F with the pipper placed right on the aircraft at appr. 200-150 yards.

And no - don´t tell me about bullet drop or deflection shooting.
With the guns placed so close, gun convergence or lack of also shouldn´t play in.

FinnJ
fjacobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
Buzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
first choose proper freq range, then beside the range indicator, there is a tune knob for accurate freq. Or just follow Skull's
I don't think manual tuning works for voice comms via the main radio panel.

The only way I can get radio communications going is by using the set channels on the UHF radio.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
I don't think manual tuning works for voice comms via the main radio panel.

The only way I can get radio communications going is by using the set channels on the UHF radio.
yes you are correct

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #18
Slap_Chop

PRESS S and DO NOT RELEASE S (To enable nose steering) before and during your Taxi to the runway ! Be gentle on the throttle.

When you are centered on the runway and moving straight ahead a few
meters then you can Brake and release S. If you can map the nose steering
key to your joystick all the better.

Hitting and releasing S will make you crazy.

Also most hard landings will result in your nose gear not retracting on the
subsequent takeoff.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

Slap_Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
Skall

Any tips on how to brake during the landing rollout when your brakes are mapped to an axis? Should you press and hold at a slight travel of the axis? Should you pump with a lot travel? Pump with little travel? etc. I find myself coming dangerously close to the opposite threshold more often then I'd like and screeching like mad at the very end. I know they are mapped properly as indicated by the "Show controls indicator" panel.
Skall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #20
Flagrum
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skall View Post
Any tips on how to brake during the landing rollout when your brakes are mapped to an axis? Should you press and hold at a slight travel of the axis? Should you pump with a lot travel? Pump with little travel? etc. I find myself coming dangerously close to the opposite threshold more often then I'd like and screeching like mad at the very end. I know they are mapped properly as indicated by the "Show controls indicator" panel.
Screetching brakes were already complained about when taxiing slowly. Probably just a sound bug.
Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote