The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

The KO mission is updated and up on DCS World 2.5. We are confident that the mission is solid. The online MAP webpage is still being worked on but the MAP updates as it should. No player stats for time being. Please use Simple Radio last updated version.

Temporary KO play server: Jack's Casa - The Kaukasus Offensive.

Temporary web: http://142.44.163.134/ko/

Enjoy :D

Nice, now I just have to wait until 2.5 is released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I and other friends are playing on the server and we are consistently running into a synchronisation/weird server crash issue.

I'll try to edit this post with further informations as we experiment but here is what we discovered:

After 3 to 4 hours of uptime, the server "crashes", the webmap says offline, the server is not in the server list anymore but some things are still synchronized when we play on it in this state. For exemple, my buddy in a Harrier rearmed and i could see that he did, his nozzles were moving for me and when he crashed into me i blew up BUT he never moved on my screen.

It might be a good idea to reduce the time in between restarts as the server never reaches six hours of uptime anyways.*

EDIT : Server just crashed at 19:38 GMT+1, 46 minutes before restart.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, sorry for the crashes but we are hit by the memory leak issue I think.

The server is now set for automatic restart of the TKO mission.

Please be aware that current DCS 2.5 can come in a "crash" loop situation as it don't clean up any temp folders after crash. If that happens in the middle of the night then go to bed :D

And the webpage is running on a low resource VPS as we have much job to do on the page. Don't expect any quick update if you have captured a base. No point in pressing F5 as none of the data is loaded when you do. The page have to wait for the background sql server to be updated and we do that in a slow manner for now. The map should tell the truth now after 5 minutes of capturing a base. It should also show attacks. The statistics is not to be trusted at the moment.

Could you please synchronise preset freq between M-2000C channels on radios on red side. I don’t know how its set up on blue..

Also I’ve noticed aircrafts don’t have bylym FARP set as waypoint. Again idk how its on blue but I guess same goes for sukhumi FARP since they were both added later.

Its one of the nice things KO has where you can rely on AC instruments insted of drawing ruller and having God made GPS on F10 map (I still have hopes it will be disabled one day) :D

Thank you for all of your work, Im glad KO is back! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the briefing should be updated, it would help new players understand better what's happening,

Here is a list of things which need to be added :

- Information about units on certain objectives (what to expect, what type of threat is it and how effective they are,...). Tell people to SEAD and that rushing in is going to result in a death.

- What exactly is the point of deploying EWRs ? (EWR script, SA,...) Placing JTACs (obvious for finding hidden units and for the team in general), and placing long range SAMs on POI and High points (antennas) to defend the current objectives.

- remember fighters to cover their strikers (ramdoms usually rush and let others die), and if strikers do not communicate on SRS, they can look up their positions with the EWR script.

- tell players to beware of the ennemy CAP at all times.

And lastly i think a big disclaimer should be added on the webmap and in chat when you log in "READ THE BRIEFING"

(also the webmap link needs to be updated)

This seems like obvious stuff, but alot of new players get shot down because of these things and do not stay on the server.

Rex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there's nothing wrong in taking off from taxiway when your base is being shredded to pieces

yes, the briefing needs an update

I think we also need a clear statement from the authors about hiding friendly ground units at objectives and QRA take offs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's still have problem with harrier. When a harrier is being choose by a player, it will Crash or disable the server or some of f10 function. It's is an issue from 2.5 open beta. I suggest to remove av8b from slots of each side. Because actualy it is difficult to play.

Thanks

It's still have problem with harrier. When a harrier is being choose by a player, it will Crash or disable the server or some of f10 function. It's is an issue from 2.5 open beta. I suggest to remove av8b from slots of each side. Because actualy it is difficult to play.

Thanks

It has nothing to do with the Harrier, other servers would get the problems, someone else would get the problem and the server just crashed when there was no harrier on it... DCS has to be restarted for it to dump the cache, probably due to memory leaks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

may be you're right, Rex

but today server started crashing when 2 harrier slots were taken

it wasn't crashing when there was only 1 harrier

but with 2 it started acting weird: scripts started delaying for 5 min, units die 5 minutes after hits taken ... and so on

this thing disappeared after all harrier slots had been vacated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

may be you're right, Rex

but today server started crashing when 2 harrier slots were taken

it wasn't crashing when there was only 1 harrier

but with 2 it started acting weird: scripts started delaying for 5 min, units die 5 minutes after hits taken ... and so on

this thing disappeared after all harrier slots had been vacated

+1

Exactly same observation

We have started a server with "The Kaukasus Offensive" in North America also. Should give good ping for all USA and Canada players. Search for "TAW" in DCS Multiplayer server browser.

We are testing some different weather by randomly selecting among a set of missions. Please check it out. Should be fair weather for much helo work.

List of what weather each mission have:

http://142.44.163.134/ko/tko_weather.html

This setup is the same for both the EU server and the NA server.

Enjoy :)

i can assume that harrier has to do with server crash

when i hit a tor it froze

after a while it became normal

my second hit crashed server totally

so plz remove harrier slots

then it has to do with the scripts, removing the harrier won't fix the problem. The script needs to be fixed or you'll never be able to put the harrier back in the mission.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

then it has to do with the scripts, removing the harrier won't fix the problem. The script needs to be fixed or you'll never be able to put the harrier back in the mission.

u are right Rex the script takes long time to display when harrier hits

until script issue solved we shouldnt fly it

The server is unfortunately unplayable. Tonight the server crash 2 times in 30 minutes .... and there was no harrier. It's a shame because it's a great idea. Hoping that everything will be better in the future !!