release on both then beta and stable staggared?

Commandosolo

I assume they are going to release to beta and stable on the same date? then stagger the fixes to beta first then the next week those get pushed to stable the week after? Just like the F-18?

I only run stable and don't care about beta or being a week behind. No, I'm not changing to beta, don't start people.

I don't think they're ever been released on the same day (ever since there were separate OB and stable branches), otherwise what would be the point of having them separated?

AFAIK, new modules are released on the Open Beta branch first on a Wednesday and if there are no blocking issues discovered, the stable branch gets it two days later (if not, then they aim for the next Wednesday).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I don't think they're ever been released on the same day (ever since there were separate OB and stable branches), otherwise what would be the point of having them separated?

AFAIK, new modules are released on the Open Beta branch first on Wednesday and if there are no blocking issues discovered, the stable branch gets it on Friday.

wow, I didn't know about the wednesday/friday thing.

thanks for the information.

as for the second part safe to assume, fixes on Beta first then next week pushed to stable like the F-18?

as for the second part safe to assume, fixes on Beta first then next week pushed to stable like the F-18?

Yeah, but that depends on the general status. If there are some unresolved major issues, it could mean more than one week between them (with subsequent patches released on Open Beta until the major issues are resolved).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Stable will update the following week on Wednesday, not two days later on Friday.

Also, that is all dependent on bugs in that Open Beta build. December 19th 2018 update had issues, was then update the second week of January, the 16th (mind you the long break was due to the holiday) and there were still issues. To two weeks later on Wednesday Jan 30th. was another update. That update fixed the issues. The following week, Stable was update to that OB branch.

So when the Tomcat drops, they will make sure there are no bugs. If there are, they will Hot fix on Friday, two days later. If that is all good, then the following Wednesdays Stable will get the Hot fixed OB update.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

The difference between the Beta and Release has nothing to do with individual modules such as the F-14B.

The platform upon which the F-14 will operate is the thing that operates on the Beta update then release basis. Don't confuse the status of individual modules with that.

As to whether we will see a Beta version of the F-14B or straight to a release version is down to Heatblur. When it transitions from one to the other is also something that hasn't been stated, and is highly unlikely to be until a lot of items that may or may not be on their list of bugs are squashed.

And there has never been a policy of Beta on Wednesdays, and release version on Fridays. The Friday update was moved to Wednesday to alleviate the need for the developers to work weekends. Most updates now arrive on a Wednesday, but they have been known to get delayed if last-minute snags are encountered. The release version arrives when the beta testing in the public domain has reached a satisfactory state. There is no strict timing of the transition from one to the other.

Second guessing schedules and arrival times is not an exact science and not something we will know until the originators whether Heatblur or ED announce something. As far as I know, Heatblur haven't said whether the F-14 will go straight to release or remain in Beta. But if you want the F-14 right away, then you will need the Beta version of DCS World to run it, or you will probably have to wait at least a week from launch to it reaching the release version of DCS World. It may well take longer and we could wait a month between launch and reaching the release version of DCS World.

I'm not the one who decides on this but expect it to release to the Open Beta branch and then a couple of weeks later to stable.

There is your answer everyone. Like I had mentioned above...

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

There is your answer everyone. Like I had mentioned above...

Except that wasn't what the OP was asking. He has the stable version of DCS World, and that has nothing to do with whether the F-14 arrives in beta, alpha or release versions.

He will only be able to install and run the F-14 on the Beta until DCS World updates. You seem to have missed the subtlety of that? All modules arrive in a Beta version of DCS World and only reach the release version after at least a week - often longer.

Except that wasn't what the OP was asking. He has the stable version of DCS World, and that has nothing to do with whether the F-14 arrives in beta, alpha or release versions.

He will only be able to install and run the F-14 on the Beta until DCS World updates. You seem to have missed the subtlety of that? All modules arrive in a Beta version of DCS World and only reach the release version after at least a week - often longer.

I assume they are going to release to beta and stable on the same date?

His first sentence has a question mark at the end. His assumption was incorrect and I corrected it.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

His first sentence, has a question mark at the end. His assumption was incorrect and I corrected it.

And I corrected your correction. He was referring to the version of DCS World in which the F-14 will be released, and you simply failed to see that.

You just added to his confusion.

And I corrected your correction. He was referring to the version of DCS World in which the F-14 will be released, and you simply failed to see that.

You just added to his confusion.

Negative, my first response has nothing false in it and, in fact, corrects is very first statement. I have quoted it below and in bold. As well as what I wrote that answer the first question in parallel to Dudikoff's response.

I assume they are going to release to beta and stable on the same date?

Stable will update the following week on Wednesday, not two days later on Friday.

Also, that is all dependent on bugs in that Open Beta build. December 19th 2018 update had issues, was then update the second week of January, the 16th (mind you the long break was due to the holiday) and there were still issues. To two weeks later on Wednesday Jan 30th. was another update. That update fixed the issues. The following week, Stable was update to that OB branch.

So when the Tomcat drops, they will make sure there are no bugs. If there are, they will Hot fix on Friday, two days later. If that is all good, then the following Wednesdays Stable will get the Hot fixed OB update.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

wow, I didn't know so many people would parse my sentences. I gotta do better than that. Sorry everyone!

Yes, I only run the stable version. I don't mind waiting a few weeks for it to come out of the beta side to the stable side. I was just wondering if it was going to do that, and you have all answered my questions.

Going to hide back in my hole and read my tomcat how to guide.

I'm not the one who decides on this but expect it to release to the Open Beta branch and then a couple of weeks later to stable.

tenor.gif?itemid=7916904

How bout some love for us "stable folk"

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Come on guys, there must be an advantage for the beta people playing the test bunnies :smilewink:

Seriously, don't expect a stable release at the start, ED releases every module to the beta branch first.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]