DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, Hear!

This is great news, this sub forum has gotten to the point where I'm just as excited for the launch because it also means it will be the death of the endlessly stupid and moronic topics in regards to the Tomcats release and replace them with legitimate topics about our favourite fighter!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Good stuff. As soon as ED approves the RC build, and we get a solid release date im hitting that pre-purchase button. Thanks Cobra & Heatblur. Hopefully ED doesn't find much wrong with the build and gives you guys (and us) a nice solid release date.

Oh and for everyone else who doesn't get it, the release date is now in EDs hands (pending showstopping bugs and flight model problems)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Or a GAF Tornado ;)

Yeah, I'd prefer the Cold War era IDS personally, though I guess the IDS/GR1 differences are small enough that both could be released in the same package.

But, back on topic, I guess the release is finally close enough that I can handle the stress of waiting for it. Bought.

So, this week or the next? :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

there might be an issue similar to the Mig19 delay

Not really, since the point of the MiG-19 is to release it in a complete state. Therefore it needs to comply with stricter standards than modules that release in Early Access state, such as Heatblur's F-14.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Not really, since the point of the MiG-19 is to release it in a complete state. Therefore it needs to comply with stricter standards than modules that release in Early Access state, such as Heatblur's F-14.

What he said.

I don't see why ED would hold this up much past Feb 27. This is highly anticipated, as are the other updates that are possibly headed our way on that date. It would certainly take some of the pressure off of them in regards to the F/A-18c.

The thing is though, as the days tic by - it feels like this date is less and less probable. IIRC, HB said they'd cancel the preorder sale 1 week prior to release. (edit - not true... this is corrected in post 79) That has not been done yet. Perhaps they're willing to budge on this though.

Either way, it's going to be a fun module when it gets released - I am sure.

Edited by ChuckJäger

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Yep Tornado GR1 or 4 for me, I know we wont ever see one but a man can dream.

You seem to know more than me. I would like to know too :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What he said.

said they'd cancel the preorder sale 1 week prior to release.

This is completely wrong. Heatblur have never said they would cancel preorder sales 1 week before release. Where do you get this stuff?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

This is completely wrong.

The first part definitely is yes: there should be an additional "s" :smilewink:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

This is completely wrong. Heatblur have never said they would cancel preorder sales 1 week before release. Where do you get this stuff?

If I am complete wrong, I will concede that - I do remember either seeing this somewhere in the forum or on one of the videos. But could have been a misunderstanding by me. Either way - please calm down... I did not mean anything by it. I came here for information, just like anyone else.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |