** DCS: F-14 Manual Early Access Release!! **

Cobra847

I get this too (Chrome) - but most others don't. We're trying to figure that one out.

Opera here, but they use the same engine now (Chromium), IIRC. But, yes, you're right, in Firefox it opens up correctly.

I'm not really a web-developer (more like a general programmer), but I've checked a bit the CSS code and the table elements holding those images lack the width definition (to e.g. 100%) which when added makes the images show correctly.

E.g. if I modify the custom.css file for that exact table class (and remove those two commented out parameters which seem to introduce a problem) like so:

table.docutils {

width: 100%;

}

the images show correctly as the table is stretched across the whole row.

Not sure why it works in other versions of the Chrome browser or Firefox, maybe some different default handling is present.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It's a display technique that dovetails with the previous systems where the longer the "spike", the stronger the signal, meaning the higher the threat.

It makes all the sense in the world.

I speculated in a different thread that it my have been designed that way, to allow for greater angular spacing (to alleviate overlapping symbols), between the most important type of threats (the critical sort). What you mentioned makes a great deal of sense though, considering the ALR-67 was the Navy's fully digital RWR upgrade immediately after the ALR-45.

Opera here, but they use the same engine now (Chromium), IIRC. But, yes, you're right, in Firefox it opens up correctly.

I'm not really a web-developer (more like a general programmer), but I've checked a bit the CSS code and the table elements holding those images lack the width definition (to e.g. 100%) which when added makes the images show correctly.

E.g. if I modify the custom.css file for that exact table class (and remove those two commented out parameters which seem to introduce a problem) like so:

table.docutils {

width: 100%;

}

the images show correctly as the table is stretched across the whole row.

Not sure why it works in other versions of the Chrome browser or Firefox, maybe some different default handling is present.

Pushed a new version now that should fix this bug, also implemented some more proofreading fixes. Thanks for the continued help guys!

Pushed a new version now that should fix this bug, also implemented some more proofreading fixes. Thanks for the continued help guys!

Yes, it works now, thanks.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It is a pdf version available somewhere?

not yet

What about this from @Rudel_chw, isn't this one ok ?

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hMoqNYQiK_jj5ySZBQ

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

What about this from @Rudel_chw, isn't this one ok ?

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hMoqNYQiK_jj5ySZBQ

its outdated, the manual has had a bunch added to it.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

its outdated, the manual has had a bunch added to it.

Man... that I din't know, I have not been much here the last couple days.

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Man... that I din't know, I have not been much here the last couple days.

Thank you.

well, unless that link is updated ever few days it is out dated.

I am seeing changes to the main manual link ever few days as well. so who knows.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

for the manual introduction it would be nice for technical data to have maximum thrust without afterburner, thrust to weight (preferably one would be with no afterburner and another with afterburner), cruise speed, combat load out weight and combat range.

for the audio warning signals it would be nice to have a audio file of said tone so we can actually hear it. since after all odds are some people will be completely new to the dcs and will not know what the tones specifically are/what they mean and its a different story of being told what they sound like and what they actually are.

overall a very useful manual

pilotfly.gif

for the manual introduction it would be nice for technical data to have maximum thrust without afterburner, thrust to weight (preferably one would be with no afterburner and another with afterburner), cruise speed, combat load out weight and combat range.

for the audio warning signals it would be nice to have a audio file of said tone so we can actually hear it. since after all odds are some people will be completely new to the dcs and will not know what the tones specifically are/what they mean and its a different story of being told what they sound like and what they actually are.

overall a very useful manual

pilotfly.gif

Those are all massively variable depending on configuration and profile. The numbers you see on Wikipedia and in Janes and elsewhere are generally useless.

Viewpoints are my own.

Those are all massively variable depending on configuration and profile.

there's nothing stopping them from simply putting in a slider value for weight in the thrust to weight ratio or even range.

they also already have range which involves a specific loadout and fuel amount to achieve.

there's nothing stopping them from simply putting in a slider value for weight in the thrust to weight ratio or even range.

they also already have range which involves a specific loadout and fuel amount to achieve.

Range varies massively depending on your speed, altitude etc. If you want some headline figures you might as well go to Wikipedia.

Under AN/AWG-9 Weapon Control System (WCS), chapter Carrier Alignment, there is stated:

Note that you will get erroneous heading readings on a carrier, even if fine align is complete. The heading can deviate up to 20 or 30 degrees, depending on the parking position on the carrier and the carrier’s heading, due to the carrier’s own magnetic field and induced magnetic field. It is important that the flight crew knows the carrier BRC. The magnetic variation caused by the carrier’s magnetic distortion will go away shortly after take off. This magnetic distortion does not impact the alignment quality.

The abbreviation BRC is not explained in the manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Found a rather capital error in the man.

The data stowage panel is a small compartment for equipment storage and mission briefing materials etc.

It's mainly for bringing a Polaroid, that should be mentioned there as well dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Added the LANTIRN chapter to the manual, a couple more video tutorials and some general fixes.

PDF version now available at http://media.heatblur.se/F-14B%20Manual%201.0.pdf

Note that the version shipped with the module will likely not contain the LANTIRN chapter until first patch as it was completed after we went Gold. :-)

Edited by Naquaii

Added the LANTIRN chapter to the manual, a couple more video tutorials and some general fixes.

Note that the version shipped with the module will likely not contain the LANTIRN chapter until first patch as it was completed after we went Gold. :-)

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Download not working

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |