Jester STFU! - AAR

Nascar

In Jabbers stream he was refueling at the tanker and Jester was giving drogue positions? I doubt any self respecting fighter pilot would ever listen to the RIO in this situation, unless he was half blinded for some reason. How can you concentrate with him yammering at you nonstop?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

In Jabbers stream he was refueling at the tanker and Jester was giving drogue positions? I doubt any self respecting fighter pilot would ever listen to the RIO in this situation, unless he was half blinded for some reason. How can you concentrate with him yammering at you nonstop?

It was actual feedback from our SME's about the RIO usually calling out corrections (as he has a better vantage point) that made us add it.

Just slide it in Mav, just the tip, almost there, yeahhh

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Clock positions, and roughly where - "3 O'clock, spokes" - aid the pilot who is not looking at the drogue. The pilot will maintain a sight picture, that is refined with practice. As a team, the pilot tries to maintain his sight references, whilst the RIO gives fine tuning, so the pilot can adjust his sight picture a little on the run up the hose if needed, based on the hit commentary from the RIO.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

giphy.gif

Guilty

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Clock positions, and roughly where - "3 O'clock, spokes" - aid the pilot who is not looking at the drogue. The pilot will maintain a sight picture, that is refined with practice. As a team, the pilot tries to maintain his sight references, whilst the RIO gives fine tuning, so the pilot can adjust his sight picture a little on the run up the hose if needed, based on the hit commentary from the RIO.

The basket moves up and right due to the Tomcat's large nose and "bow wave", so sometimes a RIO would say "right one, up a half..." Depended upon your contract as to how you wanted to reference location.

Viewpoints are my own.

The basket moves up and right due to the Tomcat's large nose and "bow wave", so sometimes a RIO would say "right one, up a half..." Depended upon your contract as to how you wanted to reference location.

True, the differences in lingo due to location and being British ex-light blue :smilewink: .

Eagerly anticipating the arrival of the big Grumman iron though - a bird i always admired. :thumbup:

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

If you can't sort through comms you'd never make it as a pilot in real life. There's a lot of chatter and that's the reality of it. I haven't seen the video, but so far I think Heatblur did a great job with Jester; I love it!

Where's the video?

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Part of being a fighter pilot is trying to do something very technical and dangerous with a bunch of people talking in your ear. I think it's pretty realistic for him to try and "help" :)

:thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Watched a bit, but I'm not much for watching others play.

Looked like the AI RIO got caught in a loop or some such.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Yep. It’s a team. I’m still close with my RIO’s- well, the ones who are still alive...

Victory205,

Can you help with a question we had in CVW-11 - who calls the ball? Pilot or RIO?

We're sure CRM will be important in Tomcat and lots of reference material, books, articles etc. describe the RIO as the guru of external comms - but this one question remains.

In the video clip here (1:55) it sounds like the pilot says, "got a ball" on the ICS and the RIO calls confirms it when asked by paddles.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S