DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

An updated release date was just added to the F-14 Steam page: February 27, 2019

Would be ample enough for me, bought it on day one anyway. But for me the Steam site still just says "Winter 2019" rainbowdashwink.png

Actually I was hoping for the announcement in the friday newsletter, but... nuffin applejackshocked.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless specifically announced by Cobra and us at Heablur I wouldn't put too much faith into any date for all our sakes! :-)

I can't be the only one who finds comments like this staggering at this point.

We've been told for weeks that a release date is literally right around the corner. We are now right around the corner from the very public deadline...so what exactly are we waiting for at this point?

Yea, I kinda assumed the announcement will be made in the newsletter. I could be wrong of course but I'm guessing we won't know till next week at the earliest. Normally I'm the first to squash the hype, but I let it get the best of me when Cobra said they will release the release date in a few days( i know with the disclaimer pending ED approval) But after Wags revealed what was probably an internal target date of end of Feb it seemed a forgone conclusion that ED would approve revealing the release date. Oh well, disappointment strikes again. 26 days until March 20th...

We've been told for weeks that a release date is literally right around the corner. We are now right around the corner from the very public deadline...so what exactly are we waiting for at this point?

I'm just stating that you shouldn't trust a date that's not directly from us.

And being feature complete is not the same as being bug free.

Wasn't the last decission made by ED? I think HB guys don't have voice in this, as Cobra message they submited the RC to them.

ED is the one in control of DCS Steam so have they chosen that date and not said a thing? Seems unlikely but why they would change the date?

Steam is not a friend of constantly changed dates so they must have a reason to do this.

To be completely honest, there is no "cloak and dagger" from our side. Unfortunately some stuff in regards to Steam etc are out of our hands.

Since announcing the early access and starting pre-order we've never said anything else than before the end of winter. When we have a date you'll have it, trust me.

I appreciate all the hard work going into this module Naquaii, but it’s frustrating to hear there’s still no hard date, that’s all. It’s been a VERY long pre order period, and it’s been ambiguously hinted that it’s ‘very close’ at almost every point. There was lots of speculation before Christmas of an Xmas release, and the fact that this wasn’t squashed immediately by HB is a case in point. It must have been clear to you guys this wasn’t going to happen in any way.

Don’t mean to sound ungrateful but the excitement for this one is high.

Yea, I kinda assumed the announcement will be made in the newsletter. I could be wrong of course but I'm guessing we won't know till next week at the earliest. Normally I'm the first to squash the hype, but I let it get the best of me when Cobra said they will release the release date in a few days( i know with the disclaimer pending ED approval) But after Wags revealed what was probably an internal target date of end of Feb it seemed a forgone conclusion that ED would approve revealing the release date. Oh well, disappointment strikes again. 26 days until March 20th...

Good points both.

We want the F-14 in your hands as much as you guys, trust me.

Unfortunately some things aren't in our hands but you'll have it before the 21th of March as we've said.

Looking for signs of a release date from anything other than an announcement from us will in most cases just lead to dissapointment.

Looking for signs of a release date from anything other than an announcement from us will in most cases just lead to dissapointment.

While you're absolutely correct... looking for a release date in the tea leaves will at least keep folks busy!

Actualy it is like this:

The Heatblur Team cannot release the F-14 immediately because the most important calculation hasent been finished yet after breaking a handfull of mega computers: How many Tomcats will crash on releaseday? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Unfortunately some things aren't in our hands but you'll have it before the 21th of March as we've said.

Rest assured...we are already very disappointed.

The disappointment comes from a very good place, and as a consumer yourself, I'm sure you, and everyone on the HB team understand.

I guess the thing that is most frustrating is that you guys always fall back on "we have always said you will have it before 3/21/19, and nothing more." But this is not entirely true...there have been a lot of ambiguous or contradictory statements made with little to no clarification, and every time a statement is made about a release, or a release date being "days away", there is almost always a subsequent comment that adds to the uncertainty of where things actually stand.

Edited by Jarhead0331

It might have helped, not to hype the community into a killing frenzy? Just saying... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It might have helped, not to hype the community into a killing frenzy? Just saying... ;)

Well, this community has a tendancy to hype itself up a great deal on it's own, just look at what started this one: A random STEAM db update from someone not at HB.

TL,DR:

Sorry guys if you feel mistreaded in any way, it was not our intention.

This discussion will however not affect when we can/will release the module.

Well, this community has a tendancy to hype itself up a great deal on it's own, just look at what started this one: A random STEAM db update from someone not at HB.

TL,DR:

How about in the mean time you lift the restriction on content from your content creators. Let’s have some good RIO videos. Some nice long range intercepts and some TID usage would tide me over till at least next week.

How about in the mean time you lift the restriction on content from your content creators. Let’s have some good RIO videos. Some nice long range intercepts and some TID usage would tide me over till at least next week.

The greatest restriction on the content creators is the time it takes to produce their videos and, added to that, the time it takes to learn to use the AWG-9 and other RIO systems.

But they're coming for sure!

Rest assured...we are already very disappointed.

The disappointment comes from a very good place, and as a consumer yourself, I'm sure you, and everyone on the HB team understand.

I guess the thing that is most frustrating is that you guys always fall back on "we have always said you will have it before 3/21/19, and nothing more." But this is not entirely true...there have been a lot of ambiguous or contradictory statements made with little to no clarification, and every time a statement is made about a release, or a release date being "days away", there is almost always a subsequent comment that adds to the uncertainty of where things actually stand.

We did that to ourselves. Just because somebody speaks with authority (whether it be steam date or wags making a general comment), doesn't mean they're actually an authority on the particular subject at hand. HB has never actually said anything other than the message here, no matter how much we want to fabricate earlier dates.

Yes, we're excited, but that's no reason to blame them for the hype train here.

TL,DR:

Yeah,.. coz steam is like wikipedia now where random people can edit anything.

I see some people are not happy about not hearing a release date. You already have one.

They said March 21st, 2019.

Being mad because "you haven't heard anything more" is quite immature.

If March 21st comes and goes and then there's still no release. THEN you can get upset.

I see some people are not happy about not hearing a release date. You already have one.

They said March 21st, 2019.

Being mad because "you haven't heard anything more" is quite immature.

If March 21st comes and goes and then there's still no release. THEN you can get upset.

Nope.. they never confirmed 21st march,, it's just max release date.

It's this "Stand by to stand by" modus operandi of Heatblur that is annoying

Edited by Raijin

The greatest restriction on the content creators is the time it takes to produce their videos and, added to that, the time it takes to learn to use the AWG-9 and other RIO systems.

But they're coming for sure!

Cool, so I’m afraid I’m going to need a firm date for that Naquaii......:smilewink: