A basic, UNOFFICIAL - Blender .edm Addon

NickD

make .EDM plugin for Blender?

Can sb. write the plugin for Blender please? As 3DS Max 2016 is suuuper expensive here in germany (even per month), and Blender is a very user friendly freeware, has ED already considered making the .EDM plugin compatible to Blender? That'd be a huge step forwards in allowing the community to create mods, eventually create a 3rd party team and eventually developing their own DCS module smile.gif

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

1) Why don't you take a look at the already existing thread which had an .EDM plugin for blender?

2) you got your answer about ED and making a plugin for blender

YES lol dude, the answer is there seems to be an official EDM plugin (for ED only?) and a community EDM plugin... you did read what BIGNEWY wrote?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

LOLLL sb. moved my thread/posts into here, alright! xD nevermind guys! BIG thank you to NickD for his programming skills!! <3

• 3 months later...
I can get this to work to some extent. I am hoping someone is interested inhelping me.

I've been messing with the Blender settings and it is actually quite straight forwards to get a object in to DCS. What am stuck at is how to set the animation arguments. I set up an anim for the wheel rotation, using what I reverse engineered (not using anyone else's mesh, just poking my nose in to see how it works ;)).

I know I missing something, because I cannot see how to set the argument. I see it is argument 8 for rotation, as I used some guy called uboat's arg extractor tool on my edm file and it shows no arguments set. Thought it was just something simple as setting the anim name to how I have it in the image.

Proof it works... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02ATIJzTGo

anyway here is how I have Blender set up for this anim...

BTW I am doing this as I thought it would be quite cool to drive round the new awesome 2.5 goodness, maybe being chased by a few armed friends.

Hello!

Can you confirm that the plugin works on blender 2.78 alone?

I have the same issue... didn't you read this whole thread?? ED does NOT SUPPORT the Blender plugin!! Currently it is IMPOSSIBLE to import the Blender model into DCS, even if you manage to export it... (You somehow need to get your hands on 3DS Max, which ED officially supports...)

Thanks @DanielNL for clearing this up , I read a few pages but not the whole thread, i thought it was allready working.. yea 3D max.. even old versions like 2012 are damn exspensive AFAIK.. damn it.

I hooked up with someone that got 3D max, but it's best to do it all yourself so you can work way faster..

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• 5 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Just as an update on this. EDSA's position on this plugin and its use:

This tool may only be used for private purposes and may in no way be used for extracting models which may directly or indirectly be used for commercial gain or promotion of any commercial product i.a games, films, media, or artwork.

Thanks guys.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just as an update on this. EDSA's position on this plugin and its use:

This tool may only be used for private purposes and may in no way be used for extracting models which may directly or indirectly be used for commercial gain or promotion of any commercial product i.a games, films, media, or artwork.

Thanks guys.

Yes, I'd hope this would have been obvious, that this is only experimental and for modding DCS, not doing anything else with ED's intellectual property against their permission.

I've not done anything with this in over a year, because I got myself a job which had me away from home all week. Now I've moved closer to the job I'm planning to get back into DCS soon so hopefully I can find some time to poke this/see if any of the problems can be resolved. No promises though.

Yes, I'd hope this would have been obvious, that this is only experimental and for modding DCS, not doing anything else with ED's intellectual property against their permission.

I've not done anything with this in over a year, because I got myself a job which had me away from home all week. Now I've moved closer to the job I'm planning to get back into DCS soon so hopefully I can find some time to poke this/see if any of the problems can be resolved. No promises though.

Thanks men very much appreciated.

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
HI:

I'm seen this error when trying to import the F-18C.

DKhGr2.png

anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Best Regards

Because it's not allowed to load and modify Eagle Dynamics Owned I.P.

Anyone caught using this tool to Reverse Engineer E.D. Owned I.P. will not be treated lightly.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Because it's not allowed to load and modify Eagle Dynamics Owned I.P.

Anyone caught using this tool to Reverse Engineer E.D. Owned I.P. will not be treated lightly.

Hi SkateZilla, but can I use Blender to build a 100% original mod (not using any of the ED property) and works in DCS?

Hi SkateZilla, but can I use Blender to build a 100% original mod (not using any of the ED property) and works in DCS?

Yes, you can, Just keep in mind, this plugin is Not Supported by E.D.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...

Hey NickD! Hope you are doing fine.

Do not know how your plans are, and if you will find the time or will to continue the development of this Addon for Blender.

Do you consider to accept any donations?

I mean... I am far from being rich, but I would not mind to give some money for a cause like this :].

I was able to import the Mi-8 model (some how, inside Blender long time a go) and thanks to this I am almost finishing a pretty cool (I guess...) skin for it. So thanks for all so far !!!

Although no matter how many times I have tried, I never make it to export anything to .edm format. I have seen other people success but still did not work for me following some few of their advises or your documentation.

As we know THE_ITALIAN_ACE looks like he has gone further in the development of your code and seems like he has achieved some results, but does not look like he wants to share all his hard effort with the rest of us.

So... that's it! Considering to accept donations to give you a little boost to keep developing this Addon for Blender?

Thank you!

Best

The development on this addon appears to be very dead.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been able to export a semi-transparent "glass" surface?... if so can you help me out?

I am exporting converted edm's but haven't managed a canopy or window yet :(

Sean

Could you help me out...? I have followed all info available so far but there is no way I can export anything out from Blender to edm... :(