Swiss Air Force Terrain Mod/Structures

Hello,

in agreement with my team, we decided to start sharing our 3D creations for the game. Over the years we have created a lot of Swiss assets for the sim, we think that sharing this content can only be a plus for the community.

There is already two mods out, we need to fix the apu texture in a V2 version but It remains downloadable.

The second one is the U-80 hangar also known as preparation hangar or technical hangar.

There is a little list of what we gonna release:

Barbwire fence:

Barbwire fence 50m

Barbwire fence 100m

Barbwire fence 150m

Barbwire fence 200m

Barbwire fence 250m

Control Towers:

LSMP Control Tower (Payerne Air Base)

LSZL Control Tower (Locarno Air Base)

LSGS Control Tower (Sion Air Base)

LSMM Control Tower (Meiringen Air Base)

LSME Control Tower (Emmen Air Base)

Hangar:

LSMP Hangar 3 (Payerne Air Base)

LSZL Hangar 5 (Locarno Air base)

LSZL Hangar 4 (Locarno Air Base)

LSGS Hornet Box (Sion Air base)

LSMM U-80 (Generic Air Base)

LSME Hangar 6 (Emmen Air Base)

Others:

LSME Patrouille Suisse Monument

Swiss Air Force APU Unit

Axalp Control Tower

Axalp Targets

Swiss Air Force KAFA System (Emergency Arresting Cable)

Generic Runway Emergency Stop Net

Swiss Airforce mobile VW Tower

Static Pilatus NCPC-7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We remain open to suggestions, as far as possible, and from Switzerland obviously :thumbup:

Have fun!

Screen_180701_111525.thumb.png.db028c5a55a1e09013570c68d43b03f3.png

Screen_180701_163354.thumb.jpg.2084eb9839b27d0e21e718cc1825d0a7.jpg

Screen_180702_075631.thumb.jpg.2199a96384cc141f673fae664f161d77.jpg

Screen_180718_215031.thumb.jpg.2acc9c1c55367188d7b2d45a7787eac2.jpg

Screen_190615_181144.thumb.jpg.5002712bc8edf4f4da089adfe293843b.jpg

Screen_200220_202002.thumb.jpg.5cf1a71876e43df2a078ce0aa9286130.jpg

Screen_200415_225927.thumb.jpg.f7f22959c3cc13cf37bfcc211d5d1bbe.jpg

Edited by PSV_Tango
Added new objects in the list
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Very cool. The only issue is that you cannot remove existing towers and builduings in ME

Object proposal

Axalp Red Targets

Axalp Tower

Axalp crowed

Axalp helipads

LSMM PAR

LSMM Cable installations

LSMM end runway safety net raised.

Switzerland map (summer)

Edited by muehlema

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Very cool. The only issue is that you cannot remove existing towers and builduings in ME

Object proposal

Axalp Red Targets

Axalp Tower

Axalp crowed

Axalp helipads

LSMM PAR

LSMM Cable installations

Switzerland map (summer)

Yes you can:

Object proposal

Axalp Red Targets

Axalp Tower

Axalp crowed

Axalp helipads

LSMM PAR

LSMM Cable installations

Switzerland map (summer)

Hello, thank you for the answer and the objects list!

About control towers and objects, cannot say better than crazyeddie says! :)

"LSMM Cable installations" you are speaking about the KAFA, right?

Have you a picture for the "LSMM PAR"?

About Switzerland map, sadly it's beyond my means, making a static object or a map is not the same thing.

I added some of your ideas to the list :)

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Yes you can:

Awesome. Then Batumi will become my new LSMM ;)

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

"LSMM Cable installations" you are speaking about the KAFA, right?

Afim

Precision Approach Radar

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%A4zisionsanflugradar#/media/File:Meiringen_Airbase_Radar_mit_Kuh.jpg

Silly question. If we had the original model, that was used for building the FSX version of Meiringen Shelters and QUAD / PAR, would this help?

Silly question. If we had the original model, that was used for building the FSX version of Meiringen Shelters and QUAD / PAR, would this help?

If you have picture of it, it will be enough. I'm not using other game assets for DCS until we get a straight authorization from the original author :)

I'll check some part of Meiringen with Swiss Topo.

Fantastic work!

Assuming PAR is for the Precision Approach Radar antennae array, this should be it (excuse the poor photo, they were not the subject.) I might have a better one somewhere.

Any chance for Tigers in tow? Also we should not forget the most precious helicopter slingload cargo for the Axalp airshow...

1389895980_LSMMPAR.jpg.afc38c951a193862a782b7fac2892a13.jpg

1929912985_F-5ontow.jpg.a46588a95c3e77e4dcae728d5e051f39.jpg

1633965928_flyingtoitoi.thumb.jpg.e5128a4f52a6a2ea213b16dd7ed46cdf.jpg

Fantastic work!

Assuming PAR is for the Precision Approach Radar antennae array, this should be it (excuse the poor photo, they were not the subject.) I might have a better one somewhere.

Any chance for Tigers in tow? Also we should not forget the most precious helicopter slingload cargo for the Axalp airshow...

For the flying "Toi Toi" it won't be an issue.

Tiger in tow, uhm, i can use our old f-5 tiger 3D Model to try, but i'm not sure that the render will be so cool, i'll put this at the bottom of the list.

I Had the idea to make the actual Swiss drone... Need to check how far i can go with this.

For the Radar, i'll do it, not seems to be so complicated to do :)

One thing that ran up to my mind. We lack of Swiss and Canton flags

Sorry for my dumb question: where is the "terrain" to be downlaoded?

Any screenshot of it?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Sorry for my dumb question: where is the "terrain" to be downlaoded?

Any screenshot of it?

Which terrain are you talking about?:)

thread title says "Swiss Air Force Terrain Mod/Structures" ....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Hello,

in agreement with my team, we decided to start sharing our 3D creations for the game. Over the years we have created a lot of Swiss assets for the sim, we think that sharing this content can only be a plus for the community.

There is already two mods out, we need to fix the apu texture in a V2 version but It remains downloadable.

The second one is the U-80 hangar also known as preparation hangar or technical hangar.

There is a little list of what we gonna release:

Barbwire fence:

Barbwire fence 50m

Barbwire fence 100m

Barbwire fence 150m

Barbwire fence 200m

Barbwire fence 250m

Control Towers:

LSMP Control Tower (Payerne Air Base)

LSZL Control Tower (Locarno Air Base)

LSGS Control Tower (Sion Air Base)

LSMM Control Tower (Meiringen Air Base)

LSME Control Tower (Emmen Air Base)

Hangar:

LSMP Hangar 3 (Payerne Air Base)

LSZL Hangar 5 (Locarno Air base)

LSZL Hangar 4 (Locarno Air Base)

LSGS Hornet Box (Sion Air base)

LSMM U-80 (Generic Air Base)

LSME Hangar 6 (Emmen Air Base)

Others:

LSME Patrouille Suisse Monument

Swiss Air Force APU Unit

Axalp Control Tower

Axalp Targets

Generic Runway Emergency Stop Net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We remain open to suggestions, as far as possible, and from Switzerland obviously :thumbup:

Have fun!

You guys need to model the Hornet box in PAY

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Shelters

new NATO style shelters would be great to replace the old russian shelters all across the caucasus map, the problem is that since 2.5.0 we dont have a Shades folder with edm models to replace allready existing objects on the map...correct?

Shelters like that would be very nice.. @ED d140310sh1064.jpg

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

new NATO style shelters would be great to replace the old russian shelters all across the caucasus map, the problem is that since 2.5.0 we dont have a Shades folder with edm models to replace allready existing objects on the map...correct?

Shelters like that would be very nice.. @ED d140310sh1064.jpg

Wrong - Use the Triggers option to remove existing buildings, then replace them with the building you want. I have rebuilt several airfields this way, its time consuming but worth the effort. If these guys create a new hangar then all you need is to create a Mod with their buildings in it and replace the old Russian Hangars with the new version.

Watch this, it shows you how to do it:

@crazyeddie right, i know about it, i use the trigger option too, just figured that sometimes it don't work, or it remove an object but when i place something new the new objects are floating in the Air.. but I could give it a try if someone could create a Western style shelter.. problem would maybe the open and closing doors.. how should the new Object now if a jet want to taxi inside this particualar shelter, how should the shelter know when to open the doors?? we talk about at least 20 to 30 different parking positions..

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

Ghost

Okay, I know what that problem is, the removed building still has its collision file in place (Unseen), so the new building sits on top of that. Using the remove objects option is supposed to remove the collision as well but for some reason it does not always work.

By very careful placing of the new building you can overcome that, it has to be slightly off centre of the old buildings, and that usually works, but you have to keep playing wit it to get it right, and that takes forever, so you could also try this::

Create a small JSGME Mod to remove the buildings from the Bazar folder, its quite easy to do.

Create a file - Call it Remove Objects

Find the building edm you want to remove, extract it to your desktop -

rename it to say Ukrytie.edm- remove. Do the same for any lods file it has, just add - remove

at the end and let it create a new type of file

JSGME/Remove Buildings/Bazar/World/Shapes - and drop your remove file in there.

Load it up in JSGME - The building should be gone.

I have done this around several of the Caucasus airfields and it works, if not one way then the other. You can also remove vehicles the same way.

Hope this helps.

Hello guys :) I'll double check the nato shelter once i've a bit of free time! Thank you for the idea :)

Hello,

Emmen Hangar 6 Uploaded, should be available by tomorrow.

Awesome - Thanks