DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

That's great but this sim is just becoming more and more of a NATO Simulator. It's so sad to see ED completely neglect half of the history of aviation. I would give up the F-16 and the F-4 to see ONE fully modeled modern RedFor Jet.

I understand the political problems with getting documentation but this scenario just keeps getting worse to the point where it's a friggin joke....

ED isn't neglecting the Red side because they want to do Blue. They are bound by a lot of Russian laws that prevent them from doing a lot of work on the Red side.

I hope they can finagle some deals to allow them to bolster the DCS-level Red side in the future - it is needed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get something Block 50+ I hope that we will be able to load CFTs. There are lots of countries that use CFTs.

Great news, ED and Belsimtek for Viper!

I can't wait to fly the f-16C in DCS World. I wish Block 50 or 52. They will be perfect. :thumbup:

My all-time favourite airplane! Great.

I hope they model both Block 50 and 52, a block 30 would be a bit disappointing while a block 40 would be ok if they make the terrain following pod.

I hope ED realizes that after years of Falcon 4, and all the information and talk about the F-16, this one will be under a particularly bright spotlight and people will be very anal about it.

Guys, the block number does not specify the aircraft capabilities. It depends on many factors, including but not limited to the country (Wish country's version) the specific year, etc. So if they make a current block 30 from USAF, it would be far more capable than a Greek block 52 from the 2000.

An A model block 20 from 2016 (depending on the country) is far more capable in avionics, sensor pods, RWR, Chaff and Flare, etc than a 1998 block 50/52.

A Greek block 50 would have terrain following radar capabilities (if the carry the AAQ-13), but USAF block 50 never had that capabilities.

So, even of they model a block 20, it does not mean it will be less capable in sensor and avionics terms. Some block 52 and 42 have the same engine and avionics and are indistinguishable.

I have been trying to pass this info for years but nobody ever believes me. oh well

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

latest news is not only they're bound by russian laws, but they also don't feel there'll be too much demand for red modules from you guys in the west. while west is 90% of the sales. no matter what the remaining 10% of russian consumers want.

I would buy it, they just haven't ever offer any good Russian or other aircraft. Right now, we got L-39 and a YAk-52.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Guys, the block number does not specify the aircraft capabilities. It depends on many factors, including but not limited to the country (Wish country's version) the specific year, etc. So if they make a current block 30 from USAF, it would be far more capable than a Greek block 52 from the 2000.

An A model block 20 from 2016 (depending on the country) is far more capable in avionics, sensor pods, RWR, Chaff and Flare, etc than a 1998 block 50/52.

A Greek block 50 would have terrain following radar capabilities (if the carry the AAQ-13), but USAF block 50 never had that capabilities.

So, even of they model a block 20, it does not mean it will be less capable in sensor and avionics terms. Some block 52 and 42 have the same engine and avionics and are indistinguishable.

I have been trying to pass this info for years but nobody ever believes me. oh well

Isn't CFT's are for Block 50+ export planes?

My bet would be Block 50, specifically so the HTS and LANTIRN pod could be implemented. These two features would set the F-16 apart from any other module and fulfill a very exciting niche.

Between the UH-1H, F-5E, F-16?, F-4E and Syria map we should have a pretty compelling Turkish Air Force. All we need now is a tiny Turkish airfield just south of Batumi to fly out of :D.

A Big Enough Turkey Map would almost connect Persian Gulf and Caucasus

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Core Block does determine Baseline features,

However Block + MLU Programs changes all that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

If you go by Previously posted Renders from Skylark,

We are getting a F100-PW-220 Engine, So Block 30/40

just got today newsletter in email

here comes the end of the dream ? : no F-16 mentioned in newsletter :cry: changing plan ? so, was that a typo ? again ? :(

"Exciting new aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more!"

sign-pic4.jpg

here comes the end of the dream ? : no F-16 mentioned in newsletter :cry: changing plan ?

"Exciting new aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more!"

The community manager changed the thread title and confirmed the "concept" so don't fret it's coming ™.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Darnit, would have hoped for a Block 50.

It's still on the Youtube vid description, just not in the newsletter.

hopefully not but would be nice some official word (confirmation) from Wags Or Chizh before this thing goes (and drives us) crazy :D

Stand By

• ED Team

here comes the end of the dream ? : no F-16 mentioned in newsletter :cry: changing plan ? so, was that a typo ? again ? :(

it dropped off the newsletter by accident, its on the FB newsletter post, and Steam newsletter post, dont worry, it's still an official thing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Meanwhile, Resume Falcon Dance

ThunderousDarkAnole-max-1mb.gif

Isn't CFT's are for Block 50+ export planes?

CFT are for specific countries So Greek 50/52/52+, Turkey 50+, Singapore 52+ and others I would need to look online for.

Edit to add to the list

Israel 52+, Oman 50+, Poland 52+, Egypt 52+, UAE Block 60

Core Block does determine Baseline features,

However Block + MLU Programs changes all that.

MLU is not the update, there many different ones. For Example ROCAF Block 20 A models had many features from the factory (being newly built block 20)and are just now doing MLU, while others got similar capabilities with their MLU updates. The main thing is, sine the midlife update is time consuming, many countries choose to do all those updates at the same time, but not all. Here is a fairly good list of some of the updates, you can see there are structural ones like MLU or Falcon star, others for avionics like CCIP and so on.

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-16_Fighting_Falcon

If you go by Previously posted Renders from Skylark,

We are getting a F100-PW-220 Engine, So Block 30/40

PW-220 can be block 20/25/32/42 so many, many options there. Block 30/40 are F110-GE-100 powered aircraft.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

i would be happy even by a block 5/10 with a smaller/original size stabilizer (of course that's a F-16A and not the C variant)

I would be happy also.

To whom it may concern,

I see that the F16c has been pulled from the description issued in our weekly update today.

Booooooo.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.