By way of an update

Pman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have plenty of complaints, but I'm not one of those people that yells them everywhere expecting the developer to be motivated to work 24 hours a day, and if that´s not enough, use the night, too.

Some people think that software development, especially outside the source code, is easy af, that you just write lines of code and presto, you have a working product. And if a bug remains in a game multiple update cycles after it has been known about then the devs are just lazy since it's so god damn "simple to fix".

Apparently to them, compiling code after a change and testing to see if it worked takes no time at all...

People complain, complain, complain...and I wonder: Do they have nothing else to do but complain about DCS?

There are other things they could be doing/playing/flying, and come back to DCS in a couple months...

Because, no offence, what is so special to them about the Hawk that they can't live without a working, flawless version in DCS?

I bought it too, it´s been shelved for a long time now<.<

Here´s to you, VEAO. It'll be done when it´s done.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Kindly please continue working on Hawk, there are no reasons to bash this module. It has been very difficult for you guys to develop it into high fidelity module, we know. However maybe you could partner with another 3rd developer to continue fixes, updates and support on your behalf so you may focus on DCS P-40?

What I would like to see that is is MP viable. I recall it has been flying zombie even with extensive damage, hit multiple times with missiles and still capable to fight and hit back.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Pman, what about our beloved long time awaited Tiffy ? Please don't let that project fly away. With all the effort of having the contract with military - PLEASE DON'T!

Wish you guys all the best!

Piotr.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I have plenty of complaints, but I'm not one of those people that yells them everywhere expecting the developer to be motivated to work 24 hours a day, and if that´s not enough, use the night, too.

Some people think that software development, especially outside the source code, is easy af, that you just write lines of code and presto, you have a working product. And if a bug remains in a game multiple update cycles after it has been known about then the devs are just lazy since it's so god damn "simple to fix".

Apparently to them, compiling code after a change and testing to see if it worked takes no time at all...

People complain, complain, complain...and I wonder: Do they have nothing else to do but complain about DCS?

There are other things they could be doing/playing/flying, and come back to DCS in a couple months...

Because, no offence, what is so special to them about the Hawk that they can't live without a working, flawless version in DCS?

I bought it too, it´s been shelved for a long time now<.<

Here´s to you, VEAO. It'll be done when it´s done.

Thank you for your support, it is not easy or everyone would be doing it ;) We've spent all week working on just one of the Hawk bugs and it only got fixed this morning - well we hope so its gone to our internal testers to verify.

I am hoping to push some bits for Hawk around end of the month.

Kindly please continue working on Hawk, there are no reasons to bash this module. It has been very difficult for you guys to develop it into high fidelity module, we know. However maybe you could partner with another 3rd developer to continue fixes, updates and support on your behalf so you may focus on DCS P-40?

What I would like to see that is is MP viable. I recall it has been flying zombie even with extensive damage, hit multiple times with missiles and still capable to fight and hit back.

Slow but steady progress, Been working on Hawk pretty much most of the week.

Although we are usually pretty open to expanding our team we are not looking to out source any of our work/projects.

Pman, what about our beloved long time awaited Tiffy ? Please don't let that project fly away. With all the effort of having the contract with military - PLEASE DON'T!

Wish you guys all the best!

Piotr.

Sorry to say that a public version of Typhoon is now no longer planned. Our focus is much more aligned with Gen 1 & 2 Jets and Warbirds for our public releases now.

If this changes in the future we will confirm it in due course.

Pman

Sorry to say that a public version of Typhoon is now no longer planned. Our focus is much more aligned with Gen 1 & 2 Jets and Warbirds for our public releases now.

Pman

R.I.P. Tiffy :cry:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• 2 weeks later...
Our focus is much more aligned with Gen 1 & 2 Jets and Warbirds for our public releases now.

Does this apply to DCS or other sims? I'm very interested in early gen jets and would love if the work on birds like the Meteor or the Vampire would find its way into DCS eventually. :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can confirm the missile zombie... We tested this extensively, and unless the missile hits the cockput directly the aircraft remains fully functional after two direct Aim-120C hits. Third one kills you always.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Thank you for your support, it is not easy or everyone would be doing it ;) We've spent all week working on just one of the Hawk bugs and it only got fixed this morning - well we hope so its gone to our internal testers to verify.

I am hoping to push some bits for Hawk around end of the month.

Slow but steady progress, Been working on Hawk pretty much most of the week.

Although we are usually pretty open to expanding our team we are not looking to out source any of our work/projects.

Pman

Inbound possible Hawk update?!?! Yes please!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Inbound possible Hawk update?!?! Yes please!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Yeah, we have some FM changes, Weapons load out changes (phase 1), AHARS fixes and a few other tweaks in the box.

The one issue we are struggling with and have put it to ED now is the lack of thrust in wind conditions, well thats not quite the reason for the issue but lets not get into nitty gritty, as soon as we have input on that we will of course push it.

We are working on the PBR cockpit textures, although at this point not sure if it will make end of this month or be next month

I'll do a more through update on P-40 before xmas

Pman

Edited by Pman
Thanks for the quick update Pman. I was wondering though if there's been progress with the damage model and zombie aircraft? I look forward to being able to use it for light CAS in mp.

The problem lays with ED on this one I am afraid and is awaiting details on the new damage modelling, Other 3rd parties are suffering with it as well to varying degrees.

More on it when we have more to share I am afraid

Pman

Thanks for giving us false hopes for 4+ years! :mad:

We've come from a Christmas 2014 release to cancelled in 2018!

Well done.

• Like 1

Well done.

I'm quite sad too but mate, having Tiffy without any serious a2g capability would make it just a modern f15/su27 killer nothing more. ;)

I'm quite sad too but mate, having Tiffy without any serious a2g capability would make it just a modern f15/su27 killer nothing more. ;)

Which would still be a great thing and totally worth it (for me at least)!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which would still be a great thing and totally worth it (for me at least)!

Get on board F15, fire 8x amraam120c and rtb. Almost same fun ;) You also can try thunder but I think we are totally about something else here in DCS World. :music_whistling:

Let's hope for Panvia Tornado instead :) It is definitely much more achievable for ED or 3rd Parties.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

Well done.

Yeah, thanks to the community for the great support and heads up for VEAO over the first 3 years and managing to make one of their developers quit.

By the way, they still do the Typhoon, just not for the civil market (DCS specifically).

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+1. Tiffy was one of the most anticipated modules for me. I still kinda hope that the VEAO guys will change their minds. :D

I will be praying for that ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks to the community for the great support and heads up for VEAO over the first 3 years and managing to make one of their developers quit.

By the way, they still do the Typhoon, just not for the civil market (DCS specifically).

VEAO Typhoon is cancelled for DCS. This is all we care about on DCS forums.

Get on board F15, fire 8x amraam120c and rtb. Almost same fun ;) You also can try thunder but I think we are totally about something else here in DCS World. :music_whistling:

Let's hope for Panvia Tornado instead :) It is definitely much more achievable for ED or 3rd Parties.

For me the fun derives from the systems interactions which are almost non existent in the F-15 due to its FC3 origin.

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me the fun derives from the systems interactions which are almost non existent in the F-15 due to its FC3 origin.

Tell me about it :music_whistling: