DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #71
Maverick24

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
That was kind of obvious.
Even next year is uncertain.
Yes but this is the first time I read something from BST about release of Mi-24.

Still wondering, how comes they post pictures of F-4, which they said that they just start work on, and dont post some pictures of Mi-24 which is developed for months/years. But that is infinite question .

The truth is, that this year BST comunicating to comunity much much more than ever and that is good.
Maverick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #72
Hyena

Send a message via AIM to Hyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick24 View Post
Yes but this is the first time I read something from BST about release of Mi-24.

Still wondering, how comes they post pictures of F-4, which they said that they just start work on, and dont post some pictures of Mi-24 which is developed for months/years. But that is infinite question .

The truth is, that this year BST comunicating to comunity much much more than ever and that is good.
The answer might be country of origin of the aircraft. ED and BST are Russian companies, and Russia has certain laws with regards to depicting military craft still in active service. The slowdown on the Mi-24 may be BST keeping their legal ducks in a row.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #73
Axelerator

They are currently busy with the Hornet so we shouldn't expect anything about the Mi-24 until the Hornet has been released.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #74
MrDieing

Quote:

I disagree, I much rather prefer them keeping projects secret and only releasing info when its coming close to EA release, but thats just my personal opinion.

And as far as the Hind goes, shame she isnt coming this year but if you added 1+1 you would have seen this coming. We'll see in 2018!
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #75
EagleEye
ED Translator

Quote:
Mi-24 will not released this year
Thank you for sharing that FB stuff here on ED forums.
Despite many saying they´ve expected the Mi-24 not this year we missed an official word on that and I thought BST was very far in the development process.
I looked forward to fly the Hind this year and it makes me sad I wont.

Modul-Timeline
Spoiler:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|PALIT GTX970|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #76
Rogue Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
That was kind of obvious.
Even next year is uncertain.

Impossible. Utterly impossible!
2018 will see a DCS hind!
Unfinished perhaps, but there will be a hind by mid 2018!
And mark my words some1... its dual 30mm Kannons will work at release and will be coming for all negative/alternative thought contributers!

Last edited by Rogue Trooper; 11-15-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #77
Maverick24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelerator View Post
They are currently busy with the Hornet so we shouldn't expect anything about the Mi-24 until the Hornet has been released.
I doubt this is a problem. If they are posting info and pictures about phantom, I dont think take four five screens and a few sentences to calm down Hind fans would be a problem. Maybe hyena is right:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
The answer might be country of origin of the aircraft. ED and BST are Russian companies, and Russia has certain laws with regards to depicting military craft still in active service. The slowdown on the Mi-24 may be BST keeping their legal ducks in a row.
But again - even in this case would be some info help and fair to a comunity. After all - they would answer to all Why and When question and take down that fence of silence. And in my case, I would be nice and patient Hind fan again :-).
Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #78
Buzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Or it could simply be they've decided the F-4 is the first project they're going to be open with, and simply seeing how that goes before opening up other projects?

Not everything has to have a some complex, deep and dark reason behind it.

Plus, as a side note: it's often much easier to show off early WIP to people because it's obviously WIP. Later on, especially if the artwork is finished, people start getting impatient as it looks done.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #79
Razorback

No , the Mi-24 project could not be cancelled !!!

The info below could confirm this idea...

On their website, BELSIMTEK has released a short interview with PCHelicopters.com
http://pchelicopters.com/index.php/p...elicopters-com

Date : 24 October 2017, so quiet recent...

Q. Are you allowed to tell us which helicopters are in the pipeline for future release ?
A. For now only Mi-24P. Others could be planned but as we answered before, development time is not short, and in that time a lot can happen, so its not productive to make any solid statements at this time.

Their current projects include the MI-24P helicopter. We're sure this is going to be of the highest quality just like their current helicopters the Huey and Mi-8.

So, cross fingers and still waiting....an continue to prying !!!
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #80
Maverick24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
No , the Mi-24 project could not be cancelled !!!

The info below could confirm this idea...

On their website, BELSIMTEK has released a short interview with PCHelicopters.com
http://pchelicopters.com/index.php/p...elicopters-com

Date : 24 October 2017, so quiet recent...

Q. Are you allowed to tell us which helicopters are in the pipeline for future release ?
A. For now only Mi-24P. Others could be planned but as we answered before, development time is not short, and in that time a lot can happen, so its not productive to make any solid statements at this time.

Their current projects include the MI-24P helicopter. We're sure this is going to be of the highest quality just like their current helicopters the Huey and Mi-8.

So, cross fingers and still waiting....an continue to prying !!!
Yeah, but no one told about cancel Hind project. I believe they are much more further than Phantom with Hind but....
According to a part of interview you posted: They could work on Hind as only next helicopter, but if they are working on Phantom and Hornet, and posting info and pictures about them, I still wondering why they are so quiet about Hind. Every information is better than silence, while their others project are promoting.

But I would like to say I dont want to be offensive to BST (I am still excited about Hip), just simply dont understand it and there´s no answer to more and more questions.