DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #121
Aviators

Do you think I can replace the Mi-8?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #122
BaD CrC
ED Translator

The Mi-24 will have the same effect on rotary-wings community as the F-18 on the fixed wings one. it will be a game changer. Suddenly, you have one awesome platform that can do just about everything the other ones can do together and so everybody will want to fly it. I am expecting to see a massive shift of activity towards this platform only and for a prolonged period of time before anyone will want to come back to an Mi8 or simple aircraft like the Huey.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #123
MAD-MM

Cant await it, to ride the MI-24 trough the Valley of the new Caucasus Map...
MI-24 has a limited Cargo Carry capacity and Weight lifting compare to the MI-8...
But should be given a formable strike Packed with MI-8 carry Cargo and the MI-24 give Fire Support..
Like both aircraft, would not regret to buy the MI-8 again, and both Aircraft have there special task, MI-24 doesn't replace the MI-8 job..

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:40 AM   #124
asla36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
Cant await it, to ride the MI-24 trough the Valley of the new Caucasus Map...
MI-24 has a limited Cargo Carry capacity and Weight lifting compare to the MI-8...
But should be given a formable strike Packed with MI-8 carry Cargo and the MI-24 give Fire Support..
Like both aircraft, would not regret to buy the MI-8 again, and both Aircraft have there special task, MI-24 doesn't replace the MI-8 job..
Like you said, they were designed to compliment each-other. Doing that very well.

Make it happen, and take my money!
asla36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:43 AM   #125
NORTHMAN

No one mention the AUTO HOVER capability of this aircraft... I looked this documentary after the F/A-18 update and now I am hyped about this helicopter, no more meh for me! Take a look at it, it is very interesting and show similarity (and difference of course) between Mil helicopter.
https://youtu.be/1NSb-YttCgU?t=35m35s
If you dont want to look at it entirely, there is a short segment about Mi-24P at 40m30s
Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite ... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!
NORTHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #126
Aviators

ok thanks
Old 01-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #127
Bearfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
The Mi-24 will have the same effect on rotary-wings community as the F-18 on the fixed wings one. it will be a game changer. Suddenly, you have one awesome platform that can do just about everything the other ones can do together and so everybody will want to fly it. I am expecting to see a massive shift of activity towards this platform only and for a prolonged period of time before anyone will want to come back to an Mi8 or simple aircraft like the Huey.
I am incredibly excited about the Mi-24!!! Totally iconic helicopter and this is the one module I am looking forward to more than the F-18 and every other fixed-wing announced COMBINED!

But curious: why do you say it is a multi-capable multi-role helo over the existing ones combined? Surely the current KA-50 can do it all, and perhaps more?
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #128
Lunatic98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post
I am incredibly excited about the Mi-24!!! Totally iconic helicopter and this is the one module I am looking forward to more than the F-18 and every other fixed-wing announced COMBINED!

But curious: why do you say it is a multi-capable multi-role helo over the existing ones combined? Surely the current KA-50 can do it all, and perhaps more?
The -24 apart from being a gunship/attack helicopter also has limited troop carrying capacity. Something the single-seat Ka-50 doesn't have
PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB) Sapphire Radeon 7870XT, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #129
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post

+1. I'm also looking forward for Mi-24 but I don't see how it'll be a game changer. While a western attack helicopter would be a game changer and as far iconic the Mi-24 is with generally analog avionics, the KA-50 is much more capable platform.

The answer to the Mi-24 replacing Mi-8 question is actually not so obvious if you look from DCS perspective - which is not always reflecting the real world.
For the most part how the MP missions in DCS are currently setup, the lift capability and hull capacity of the helicopters quite often does not matter. Through the CTLD script, Huey and Mi-8 are able to take the same ammount cargo, squizing an SA-6 into internal cargo compartnment plus taking a group of soldiers next to it. In other words, much depends on the mission designers which currently have tools to design the missions either towards "balancing" or by taking an realistic approach.
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #130
Bearfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
+1. I'm also looking forward for Mi-24 but I don't see how it'll be a game changer. While a western attack helicopter would be a game changer and as far iconic the Mi-24 is with generally analog avionics, the KA-50 is much more capable platform.

The answer to the Mi-24 replacing Mi-8 question is actually not so obvious if you look from DCS perspective - which is not always reflecting the real world.
For the most part how the MP missions in DCS are currently setup, the lift capability and hull capacity of the helicopters quite often does not matter. Through the CTLD script, Huey and Mi-8 are able to take the same ammount cargo, squizing an SA-6 into internal cargo compartnment plus taking a group of soldiers next to it. In other words, much depends on the mission designers which currently have tools to design the missions either towards "balancing" or by taking an realistic approach.
I am working on a Lua scripting library that (among other things) allows for different capacities for different helos (e.g., MI-8 can carry 20-24 troops, while Huey can carry 10-14), as well as different types for different helos (e.g., Mi-8 can carry small jeep). I think it will be straightforward to incorporate into either CTLD or MOOSE.

The Mi-24 cannot replace the Mi-8. Either in reality, in the sim, or in my heart! These two are "sisters" meant to be used in concert.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote