did he just say they are developing the FW190?

9.JG27 DavidRed

yeeeehaaa!cant wait to see the first screenshots and to finally :joystick: the butcher

Why is the Fw190 called "butcher" in english? :huh:

At Focke-Wulf they additionally gave bird names to the planes.

The Fw-190 was called "Würger" which is a passerine that is called "Shrike" in english.

Well... ok... the latin name is "Lanidae" which means "butcher"...

:smartass:

don't take it seriously. I'm kidding.;)

Btw: The Fw-190 should be a worthy opponent for the P-51!

Should be fun!

:D:D:D

He didn't specifically say that E.D. is the one developing it, did he? He said it was one of the modules being developed by "Eagle Dynamics and our partners." That means it could be a third-party module, which may mean a lower standard of modelling fidelity, as the Iris modules are to be (if I recall aright).

Edited by Echo38

He didn't specifically say that E.D. is the one developing it, did he? He said it was one of the modules being developed by "Eagle Dynamics and our partners." That means it could be a third-party module, which may mean a lower standard of modelling fidelity, as the Iris modules are to be (if I recall aright).

I believe there F-15 will be top quality, the others less so.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I wonder what version of the FW190 it will be, A or D?

considering that back when the Mustang was first announced there were pics of an A model flying in formation with it, the chances of it indeed being an A model will be substantialy higher.

edit: after a short google image search

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3564509/8.html

Edited by Sharpe

considering that back when the Mustang was first announced there were pics of an A model flying in formation with it, the chances of it indeed being an A model will be substantialy higher.

edit: after a short google image search

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3564509/8.html

God, I hope is not that one. The Fw 190 model in that screenshot is terribly inaccurate, no way that model was done by ED. NO WAY!

God, I hope is not that one. The Fw 190 model in that screenshot is terribly inaccurate, no way that model was done by ED. NO WAY!

Care to elaborate?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

There's no need to elaborate much. Fw 190 is my favourite WWII plane and also my favourite propeller aircraft of all time. I'm crazy about it and I know how it looks down to the smallest details, down to rivet lines.

So only if you want, take it from me: that particular model is very, very poor, one of the worst I've seen. There is nothing entirely accurate about it, I don't need to measure it, compare it to a photo or see a higher rez screenshot to change my mind. The front engine cowling, guns cowling, windshield, canopy is not exactly right too, tail looks almost as taken from a different plane. Even inscriptions on rear fuselage are inaccurately applied. Find a picture from a similar angle and make you own opinion.

Actually, listen at 29:00.

He specifically calls it a future DCS flying legends aircraft :joystick:

Looking forward to skinning her.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Why is the Fw190 called "butcher" in english? :huh:

At Focke-Wulf they additionally gave bird names to the planes.

The Fw-190 was called "Würger" which is a passerine that is called "Shrike" in english.

Well... ok... the latin name is "Lanidae" which means "butcher"...

:smartass:

don't take it seriously. I'm kidding.;)

Btw: The Fw-190 should be a worthy opponent for the P-51!

Should be fun!

:D:D:D

If use this video as priceless tool for explaining what lurks behind "Würger":

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

just imagine doing this in DCS! i can already feel that masses will switch from 1c to a real sim...good times ahead:thumbup:

Then we will see who knows how to shoot things down. Taking off, getting in a dogfight or two and returning to base and landing safely. All the while watching for CEM, structural failures and all the things that a study sim brings into the mix.

• Like 1