Modern Air Operations Planing

tobaschi

Hi,

does anyone know good educational / academic literatur about how modern air/ground operations are planned?

The reason for this question is, that i know how the DCS Mission Editor works, but I don't have enough knowledge how a realistic Air Operation should looks like beside very basic stuff.

So my intention is to get in this field more education to build more realistic missions and campaigns.

Edited by tobaschi

Well, there are two n's in planning. ;) That would be a start.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On a serious note... you might want to look at an old thread on gorilla packages for a different sim that shall go nameless.

http://www.combatsim.com/review.php?id=578

That should give you an idea of large package planning. I don't have any idea what else is out there. Unless you want to read dry military books on past campaigns that go over in excruciating detail the "OOB" (Order of Battle) and the Frag. Fragment of the OOB... If I remember correctly.