DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gentleman,

are there any differences between version 2.5.6.43453 and version 2.5.6.43503?

I've asked this question several times, and didn't get an answer, so good luck!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I definitely see a performance improvement in 2.5.6. With my modest system, I'm pretty much stuck around 30 FPS. But I see less stutter when taxiing around air bases even with mirrors on. And at higher altitudes, I can get 60 FPS (something I don't get in the release branch).

Flat screen? VR?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anyone know if the login problem was fixed? I think this was maybe a ED server side problem? (couldn't login with 2.5.6 yesterday, but could with 2.5.5)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anyone know if the login problem was fixed? I think this was maybe a ED server side problem? (couldn't login with 2.5.6 yesterday, but could with 2.5.5)

Yes, the fix for this bug has been announced already. I had problems with my password, but now it is fine.

Hi Gentleman,

are there any differences between version 2.5.6.43453 and version 2.5.6.43503?

I guess the newer version just contains the login-fix.

Edited by Tiramisu

Steam user? BN confirmed as fixed on discord, said it was trying to see if you are a tester

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I definitely see a performance improvement in 2.5.6. With my modest system, I'm pretty much stuck around 30 FPS. But I see less stutter when taxiing around air bases even with mirrors on. And at higher altitudes, I can get 60 FPS (something I don't get in the release branch).

That's encouraging! :thumbup: being also a modest rig.

What do you guys think about the new style of the battle-damage-assessment-messages? I liked the older style much more. The blue backgound is somewhat annoying. Is there a way to revert this?

Not just backgound colour, but its Font and shape are not good.

I suggest the appearance what should be a MFD-page-like window.

I haven't seen the new yet, since all is black for too long until the rendering starts over, but this sounds totally not like an improvement. My usual verdict: Make it an option!

The old way was good as is. I don't want to see any obscuring windows or whatsoeever. But again, having something new as optional is never wrong.

I don't mean to upset anyone, I can understand the frustration that some people are experiencing, but remember that beta is an experimental mode and things are pushed out that seem to work back with the developers but they need to see how it all fairs across the massive range of different set-ups that we all have. I don't think it is quite fair to talk about taking steps back since the gap between the sim as it was only 5 years ago and now is huge and the technical sophistication of flight models, look of externals and cockpits etc, has been nothing less than revolutionary. One of the reasons for that has been us and our willingness to try stuff out. So hopefully there will be a resolution but if not just keep testing and reporting and that will hope to move things further forward.

Take care

Neil

This is the attitude. I'm literally excluded from 2.5.6 for now, but I'm eager to be back in tomorrow, hopefully. If not, DCS isn't the centre of the world, there's enough other stuff to spend time on. DCS wouldn't be as great as it is now if it never had such issues. Those are a true training ground for the devs, eventually proving their awesomeness when things got fixed. This is a very complex piece of software after all, I'd even say DCS is kind of an OS for flight simming and combat simming in general.

More importantly - why would you store something like that on the inherently insecure Windows operating system to begin with?

Do you have a bank account? With a card that has a 4-digit pin? I guess that's still the most unsecure thing on planet and totally common at least in Germany. As long as that's not being changed, moaning about any security issues is getting old. But yeah... Windows icon_redface.gif

By the way, just as this has been mentioned by some already. I, although having the issue with excessive load times and the black screen, get somewhere around 80fps in the cockpit sitting at Senaki when the rendering finally pops up after quite a while, being on screen (not using VR when troubleshooting issues like these). Can't remember having that much with my settings. I usually was around the 55-60 range, with 40 or less at that airport in that exact same mission. So basically, I've got a massive improvement, I'm just able to watch half of Top Gun until I can get it going.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Missing tanks in Beta 2.5.6

After latest update 2.5.6 to beta the visibility to see objekts like tanks on ground is worse.

I made a mission long before update to 2.5.6 with 4 Shermans moving to a position and then I am trying to divebomb them with BF109.

Before update I was able to see them on ground from 3000m! Now I cant find them from above 600m!

I have not changed anything in video settings in game!

In video I am paddlocked on to the tanks and altitude is from 2500m to about 875m! And no tanks visible!!:ranting:

I did test it on DSC World 2.5.5 to and I can see the tanks from 3000m altitude!! Tiny as hell, but visible!

No problem there!

1121004853_Visibilitybug.thumb.png.7773f0453e3318b9131c9bad60872405.png

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

That's what a Closed Beta is. There surely is one but they seem to manage to not learn much from it.

It is what the closed beta is - & they learn a lot from it & fix a lot of bugs, but it's a small team, and the hardware combinations aren't going to catch every issue created by different combinations of gear that have been O/C'd run old / test drivers & have (despite being told not to) installed all sorts of mods to the open beta.

E.D. are taking flack for expecting people that download the open beta to do some beta testing.

What the hell ?

Read what you sign up for, and if you don't like it - revert to the stable build.

Cheers.

After latest update 2.5.6 to beta the visibility to see objekts like tanks on ground is worse.

I made a mission long before update to 2.5.6 with 4 Shermans moving to a position and then I am trying to divebomb them with BF109.

Before update I was able to see them on ground from 3000m! Now I cant find them from above 600m!

In video I am paddlocked on to the tanks and altitude is from 2500m to about 875m! And no tanks visible!!:ranting:

I did test it on DSC World 2.5.5 to and I can see the tanks from 3000m altitude!! Tiny as hell, but visible!

No problem there!

Yes, this is the same for aircraft as well. Also, even static units (like a red bull air pylon) is impacted by this issue. Hopefully something that they can/will address - especially brutal in VR.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

well, no patch is better than a buggy patch. we have learnt this in a hard way.

Exactly! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

No problem there!

I had the same issue yesterday with mission 08(counteroffensive) of the A-10c sturmovik campaign.

Where at at certain point in the mission you have to eliminate rpg soldiers standing on the roof of a house, that would dissapear at more then +/- 600 meters away.

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Beta patches become stable releases after beta release and testing. Heck, a release might be held for multiple beta releases. It's holding ED, or anyone in software development, to an unrealistic standard that all patches, including alpha/beta/pre/etc. releases, should be bug-free. It's put out this way because the QA base grows exponentially. They'll fix it. Stop with the "patches should be perfect and free of bugs", when you are explicitly using the OpenBeta branch. </2¢>

More importantly - why would you store something like that on the inherently insecure Windows operating system to begin with?

no help?

Just trolling?

My fault for expecting adults on this forum.:thumbup:

Some say that all men should get in touch with their 'Feminine' side.

When I finally got in touch with mine, she turned out to be a Crazy Cat Lady.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, the update tore everything all to hell.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

No problem there!

Have a look in the DCS World 2.5 Bugs section, this is a reported LOD bug with many objects in 2.5.6

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• ED Team

Hi all

Just to let everyone know we are planning a patch this week, it will depend on our internal tests and as soon as we know more we will share it with you.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Have you maxed out your visibility range in the graphics settings? When my settings had a small range I also had problems finding ground objects, because they poped up only at close distances.

However, I did not test this in 2.5.6.

I have the exactly same problem in 2.5.6 too.

Objects appear only in very close distance, and its almost impossible to gun run (you dont have time to prevent hiting of the ground).

I set graphic settigns to the maximum visible range, and its still the same.

Hi all

Just to let everyone know we are planning a patch this week, it will depend on our internal tests and as soon as we know more we will share it with you.

thank you.

Thank you for your feedback. Waiting patiently for a patch so i can return flying :) Keep up.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.