Question on pressurized canopy opening

rrohde

What triggers the effect that I am hearing (heartbeat, high-pitch noise) and seeing (blurriness) when opening a pressurized canopy after I have landed? I see this is modeled in the L-39 as well as the MiG-15 in DCS, but I have no idea what this is called in real life... so, what's going on with the pilot's body during such an instance?

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It's called hypoxia. A condition when your body (mainly the brains in this situation) isn't getting enough oxygen.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Oh, so even when the canopy is fully opened this occurs, sitting on the tarmac?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Oh, so even when the canopy is fully opened this occurs, sitting on the tarmac?

Shouldn't happen on the tarmac. I believe 12000 feet is considered the limit for unpressurized cockpits. Above that you are in danger of getting hypoxia.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Thanks for the feedback!

Might be a bug then: When landing my L-39, and keeping the pressurization turned on after landing, and then opening the canopy I get this effect. However, while landed and depressurizing the cockpit and then opening the canopy, this effect does not happen...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com