Nice training

Johnny Dioxin

I just flew the L-39 first training mission. Nicely done - it does take some remembering, with the operation of the radios and ADF included (thanks for that) and having to read the instructions as my Russian is lacking - on a 3 screen set-up, with TrackIR, while setting switches and dials, it makes things interesting!

Nevertheless, it was very good and I enjoyed it.

I do have two queries. Firstly, the airbrakes only extend whilst the B key is pressed - as soon as it is released, the brake retracts - is this intentional?

I had assigned it to my normal airbrake switch on the HOTAS, but switched to external when I wasn't slowing and found this behaviour. (Yes - I couldn't resist flying a quick circuit after take off :) )

Secondly, my wheelbrakes are showing strange behaviour during the taxiing. In the normal controls "Axis Tune" config GUI, they are working just fine - I'm using Saitek Pro Cessna pedals and have them set as 'slider' in the config, using both toebrakes assigned to the single action of brakes.

When I refer to the control indicator, the brakes show increase in pressure, but then releasing about halfway through the travel. It's difficult to explain, so I will try to make and upload a video. I couldn't on this occasion, due to using triple screen. I will at least get some screenshots to show it.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I do have two queries. Firstly, the airbrakes only extend whilst the B key is pressed - as soon as it is released, the brake retracts - is this intentional?

I had assigned it to my normal airbrake switch on the HOTAS, but switched to external when I wasn't slowing and found this behaviour. (Yes - I couldn't resist flying a quick circuit after take off :) )

Besides "B", there are two more airbrake controls, open and close (LShift+B, Lctrl+B). These do not require to hold down the buttons, they either open or close the airbrakes. :D

Secondly, my wheelbrakes are showing strange behaviour during the taxiing. In the normal controls "Axis Tune" config GUI, they are working just fine - I'm using Saitek Pro Cessna pedals and have them set as 'slider' in the config, using both toebrakes assigned to the single action of brakes.

When I refer to the control indicator, the brakes show increase in pressure, but then releasing about halfway through the travel. It's difficult to explain, so I will try to make and upload a video. I couldn't on this occasion, due to using triple screen. I will at least get some screenshots to show it.

Try to use only one axis to brake. Having two axis for single action can cause conflict.

There are 3 different assignments for airbrakes because that's how it works in real bird (fwd cockpit):

Fwd position - closed

Aft position - open

Center position - the button can be pressed inwards and the airbrakes will stay open as long as you hold it.

I'll be darned, I thought it was a toggle. I mapped the aft and forward position to buttons on the throttle.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

So did I - hence the confusion when it didn't work how I expected. Don't know if it changed assignment or operation since the first beta release - which is what my profile was based on.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2