Issue With Rudders After Restarting After Refuel on Carrier

broncoblair

Has anyone had this issue ? The only way I've been able to avoid it is to refuel and rearm with the engines on.

Land on carrier, park, wings up, etc. Shut down engines for refuel and rearm. Start back up, my rudders are stuck hard right. Nothing clears it, rudder trim etc. Also on takeoff I get a check trim warning. I also get the check trim warning when I leave my engines on and take off even when this issue doesnt happen.

Also an alarm goes off the entire flight with the rudder issue I usually have to restart.

Not sure about the rudder thing.

You're getting the check trim warning because you don't have enough NU trim in the jet. See the attached pic.

As for the alarm. Sounds like the radar altimeter tone. It's bugged and you have to turn it off or it will never shut up.

G39jdhm.thumb.png.ffa789cde0b873af346dedb843dad311.png

I suspect the rudder issue is due to not performing the FCS BIT after engine restart?

You can refuel the aircraft with engines running, it is what is referred to "Hot Pitting". Maybe not the Naval term, and I hope Naval aircraft do it otherwise I would feel stupid.

Trim has already been addressed above.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Actually I think I may have had a similar issue with a somewhat odd 'Check Trim' indication, though mine was pitching up rather violently with no way to trim back down. But then I was very distracted during launch (probably not a good thing), so I thought I must have made a mistake and broke something.

I suspect the rudder issue is due to not performing the FCS BIT after engine restart?

You can refuel the aircraft with engines running, it is what is referred to "Hot Pitting". Maybe not the Naval term, and I hope Naval aircraft do it otherwise I would feel stupid.

Trim has already been addressed above.

ALWAYS FCS Bit procedure after changing weight (fuel, loadout etc). Otherwise you´ll get weird behaviour.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB