[REPORTED]Flexible sight conflict with TrackIR - can't use

imacken

Just bought Huey, and trying out the training missions.

My problem is that there is some sort of conflict with TrackIR and the flexible sight that makes the whole thing unusable for me at the moment.

When I press 'M', the sight comes down, but the whole sight just starts shaking, and it is impossible to move it at all. Direction keys don't work, mouse, nothing.

So, I tried disconnecting all controllers, and that made no difference. I then started DCS without TrackIR running, and sure enough, the sight was steady and I was able to change its direction using the keypad direction keys.

I've looked at the controls, and there are only the 6 'normal' TrackIR entries, so no sign of a conflict there.

Can anyone help with this at all?

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here's a video of the issue http://www.igmack.co.uk/huey_sight.mp4

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks, s good suggestion, but unfortunately, there was nothing there that affected this issue.

I hope there might be some help here, but if not, do I contact ED support through the usual channel, or is it Belsimtek?

Ok, I know that works, but why should we have to do that? I mean the rear gunners work ok with head tracking and using the mouse to aim the gun.

Also, there is still the weird jumping around as shown in my video above.

Edited by imacken

Some time ago there was an option under Special to select whether or not to aim with Trackir. I cannot find that option anymore, but I still have it in my config file. You can try to manually add it. It is in the file C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua. Of course, backup the file before modifying it.

["UH-1H"] = {
           ["CPLocalList"] = "vivid colors",
           ["UH1HCockpitShake"] = 50,
           ["UHRudderTrimmer"] = false,
[color=Blue]             [b]["UHTrackIRAiming"] = true[/b],[/color]
           ["UHTrimmingMethod"] = 0,
           ["altUHTrimmingMethod"] = false,
           ["autoPilot"] = true,
           ["weapTooltips"] = false,
       },

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that. It does work, so that is good. I'm going to play around with this tomorrow, as I am struggling with various aspects of this, but I'll do some more research and post tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Error

You can map Trac IR Aiming (and Pause Trac IR for that matter) to a hotas button or VoiceAttack command.

Works for me.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

the question is, why did they remove the optional TrackIR aiming?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You can map Trac IR Aiming (and Pause Trac IR for that matter) to a hotas button or VoiceAttack command.

Works for me.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. DCS just won't allow me to assign a HOTAS button to the RShift+T.

Having said that, I'm still trying to work out what is going on with aiming with the sight. The RShift+T doesn't actually seem to do anything. The sight aims with TrackIR as default unless I pause head tracking, then the mouse works the sight.

I'm also confused about why there is so much need for alt-c to be used.

I guess no one can help with the issue I showed in the video I linked to, so I'll contact ED support on that.

I guess no one can help with the issue I showed in the video I linked to, so I'll contact ED support on that.

I've watched your video. I have experienced the exact same issue. The fix is a single setting change. Sorry I can't recall what it was and have not been able to get to my sim to revisit it. Gonna keep it in mind cuz it's buggin me.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I've watched your video. I have experienced the exact same issue. The fix is a single setting change. Sorry I can't recall what it was and have not been able to get to my sim to revisit it. Gonna keep it in mind cuz it's buggin me.

If you could remember, I wolud really appreciate it. It's driving me crazy!

• ED Team

Hi all

I have reported this issue for the dev team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY, it would also be useful to report the (easily fixed) issue with the weapons training mission as mentioned in my other recent thread here.

Basically, the instructor asks you to go to the right gunner, but it’s impossible as Belsimtek have not put gunners in the payload. It’s necessary to alter the mission in Mission Editor.

Been that way for years now, apparently.

• 5 months later...
Hi all

I have reported this issue for the dev team

thanks

6 months after your post, and still nothing has been done about this. I had hopes that it would be fixed in 2.5, but no!

• 6 months later...

Old thread, but here's my findings about this issue:

The cause of this problem isn't a conflict between Flexisight and TrackIR per se, but between TrackIR and the mouse. The thing is, the default aiming mode when activating the Flexisight or going into the door gunner position is to move the Flexisight and guns with the mouse and look around with the TrackIR, head and aiming separated. Hitting [RShift +T] will disable the mouse and fix the Flexisight/gun to your nose so you are supposed to look through the sight/gun all the time, unless you physically move your body sideways/vertically.

This all works as intended for the door gunners, but not the Flexiblesight. In the default aiming method for the Flexiblesight, while moving your head (neck) also the sight will move. That is not how it is supposed to work. The gun doesn't move when in the door gunners position. This causing a conflict between the TrackIR and the mouse, who is supposed to be in charge for the sight, making it jerk around. Hitting [RShift + T] the aiming works as intended though.

A side note:

Unfortunately the 'TrackIR Aiming On/Off' [RShift + T] isn't possible to assign to a joystick button per default, but I created a small MOD where among other things I enabled it for joysticks. For anyone interested it can be found here.

A second side note:

Unfortunately the suggested MOD in post #7 doesn't work, the added line will be removed immediately when starting DCS. So no way at the moment to make the 'TrackIR Aiming On/Off' [RShift + T] persisting between sessions.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5