Take off from ground hot blows engine!

Wolf8312

This is suddenly just happening and I havent had any input. The game just starts after a few seconds I hear a warning sound and the orange light at the top of the front dash starts flashing, and before I even get off the ground the engine dies! Anyone know what I am doing wrong. Just seems to have started happening cause earlier today it was fine!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Have you checked your input control positions before you start? Make sure your collective isn't pulled all the way up, and that your throttle is set approximately to the setting you expect to start at. I sometimes forget to turn up my RPM control (throttle) before popping into a hot-start mission and then when I touch it the actual position registers and the rpm drops on me. I have to quickly turn it up before I crash.

Have you checked your input control positions before you start? Make sure your collective isn't pulled all the way up, and that your throttle is set approximately to the setting you expect to start at. I sometimes forget to turn up my RPM control (throttle) before popping into a hot-start mission and then when I touch it the actual position registers and the rpm drops on me. I have to quickly turn it up before I crash.

Yeah thats what it was I think. Strange had to turn it down, in the game after having crashed and then loading up again it worked! Thanks mate!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

The. Organge. Light is you. Rpm warning too high too low. I’m think your trying to take off with max collective or b you have the throttle rolled back orc your previous flight ate your engine as it’s cumulative damage.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Is it starting with the fuel governor in manual?

Maybe you have a switch or something that’s putting the governor in manual. Full throttle + manual governor = near instant engine death. (Notwithstanding that the campaign missions unrealistically encourage you to do this...)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I have a question

Does this happen shortly after you are. In the mission without you touching a single Thing? And yourusing the. Default huey setup for the tm warthog. Throttle?

If so you have a. Switch out of the default setting on the throttle. I’m not sure. Which one as I went in the tmsoftware were. It. Show the green light for the switches that are not default position. I wentand.set. The lights to off so I didn’t see any then reloadeddcs and everything was great you can also wiggle all axis so that dcs acknowledges them and set the throttle for the. Hueyto miniumn then slowly rev it up to max with the gov on.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.