Summer 2018 update

Hiromachi

Dear pilots,

as we’ve reached the middle of summer, it is time to make a small update on our current developments, particularly in relation to the greatly awaited Christen Eagle II. In the May update we’ve mentioned what still had to be done in order to complete the module and prepare for launch. Since then the list of issues has significantly decreased and the only prevailing problem is damage model of this aircraft. This problem however proved to us more complicated than we’ve initially anticipated and that is the reason it is taking so much time to address. The complexity lies in different materials such as wood, fabric and composites.

Our ultimate desire is to make fabric edges of holes, skin of broken wings and tension rods to flutter in the wind and while possible with player model, it is not compatibile with Ai model for now. We aim for the best possible results, which once fully satisfied and tested, will be the last step before releasing Christen Eagle II.

photo_2018-07-30_22-39-22.jpg

photo_2018-08-03_06-53-43.jpg

photo_2018-08-01_16-36-56.jpg

Please, visit our website for the complete update and gallery:

http://leatherneck-sim.com/summer-2018-development-update/

Magnitude 3 LLC

Edited by -Rudel-

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Never had that weird sensation when I think that a so detailed damage model is being made for such a greatly awaited aircraft…

Serious question: will this hard work need to be redone again when ED will release the future damage modeling engine ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Never had that weird sensation when I think that a so detailed damage model is being made for such a greatly awaited aircraft…

It's a different type of machine and you never know what you will hit - whether that will be a roof, tree or AIM-9 :lol:

Besides, it provides knowledge and experience for future projects, namely F4U-1d.

Serious question: will this hard work need to be redone again when ED will release the future damage modeling engine ?

When it arrives we will see, for the moment it is our own initiative and work.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Besides, it provides knowledge and experience for future projects, namely F4U-1d.

I'm really looking forward to that! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm really looking forward to that! :thumbup:

Me too!! Best part of the update for me. I have no interest in the CE II but fully support the knowledge and skills that it brings to Leatherneck for development of the Corsair. I am looking forward to a speedy and successful release of the CE II so that Leatherneck Simulations can live up to their name and release a Marine Corps aircraft.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

No Corsair update. Aww

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No Corsair update. Aww

Willing to bet it's either in limited work because they're trying to finish up CEII or what work has been done is coding and that doesn't produce good screenshots to be honest.

Unless, we can expect Hiromachi or Rudel to post a screenshot with a sea of code. "IT'S WHAT YOU WANTED YOU PLEBES"

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Putting a lot of attention into damage model for an aerobatic planes sounds almost like another troll from the devs :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 11 months later...
not enough minutes in the day

Well, seems you forgot about 525600 of them minutes, cause this thread is one year old :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Keep up the good work! Any news on the SPO-10 update :cry:

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery