Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

:thumbup: or short-form: PDS

It always amuses me, how even in such relatively new jets they still have those huge and bulky cartridges instead of smaller devices, like USB-drives.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It always amuses me, how even in such relatively new jets they still have those huge and bulky cartridges instead of smaller devices, like USB-drives.

It comes down to the fact that if you're going to implement any technology in a complex machine, that technology needs to be tested over and over again, and as a result it much older than you would think.

For example, the processors that fly on current satellites are designs that date back ~20ish years, because if you're going to put a thing in space you really, really need to know everything about it. I imagine with fighters something similar happens.

Bear in mind that such equipment must be ruggerized and operable in often more extrem environmental conditions. Commercial stuff like a conventional USB stick is not designed for such conditions and you don't want such a stick getting loose and flying around in the cockpit. Another aspect is security which is massively compromised using COTS items.

Bear in mind that such equipment must be ruggerized and operable in often more extrem environmental conditions. Commercial stuff like a conventional USB stick is not designed for such conditions and you don't want such a stick getting loose and flying around in the cockpit. Another aspect is security which is massively compromised using COTS items.

Nicely said...:thumbup:

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

True...for example some planes have pcmcia cards...but they cost quite a lot....a lot more then the commercial ones....that’s because those are guaranteed from the plane manufacturer to work on such extreme conditions

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi guys,

I have some pictures from the workshop for you. Enjoy!

Dash

Wohooo!!! Looks very good :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

You guys are doing an amazing job. Do you have a team of Typhoon SMEs on board?

Yes, they do, like the teamlead himself who was an instructor pilot and squadron commander:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, they do, like the teamlead himself who was an instructor pilot and squadron commander:

I recommend listening to this interview. On several occasions it almost sounds too good to be true, but somehow I trust this team because they really seem to know what they're talking about, not only their knowledge of the real thing of course but also in relation to DCS World. :thumbup:

thanks for sharing

• Like 1

I recommend listening to this interview. On several occasions it almost sounds too good to be true, but somehow I trust this team because they really seem to know what they're talking about, not only their knowledge of the real thing of course but also in relation to DCS World. :thumbup:

thanks for sharing

Thanks for believing in us! We will not let you -and the DCS community- down ;)

• Thanks 1

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just heard the interview on youtube.

i want to say, as a german aircraft fan, i am happy and proud that you are simulate a german version of the plane.

i am looking forward to the Eurofighter!

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

• 4 weeks later...

Eurofigter is a beauty :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Hi guys,

thank you for being patient. I have some good news for you today.

The IRIS-T is CONFIRMED for the Eurofighter Typhoon in DCS!

Check out the pictures and enjoy your Sunday.

Dash

Please make it so it never goes for flares and is datalink capable like the real thing. I don't want it to underperform like the AIM-9X we have in game. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Dash

wow

Thanks

Cannot wait to fly this beauty..my favorite aircraft.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Please make it so it never goes for flares and is datalink capable like the real thing. I don't want it to underperform like the AIM-9X we have in game. :music_whistling:

It's an infrared guided missile, it has a chance to go for a flare. Even the AIM-9X, in its real-world combat debut against a Su-22 in 2017 took a flare and missed. If there is more than one intense source of heat, even with modern IRCCM, there is a possibility the missile will go after something other than its intended target.

Edited by Quid
Grammar
  • Like 1

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

Hi guys,

Dash

Thrilling news about the iris-t missile.

I am very eager waiting to see any form of release of this module.

My eagerness for this module lead me seeking for some kind foretaste.

Got the version by indiaFoxEcho Visual Simulations with the Tacpack. Didn't really offer much deeper enjoyment.

Cannot wait to get this module in dcs.

Godspeed on this module.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset