New Sounds? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
reece146

Default New Sounds?

I flew the Yak for the first time in 4-5 weeks last night and it seems like the sound files are updated?

The engine sounds better, like it's had a factory balance and blue-print compared to the old bunch of bolts in a paint can shaker noises it had before. Not sure which version I prefer.

New PC but same USB headset - could be audio chipset differences I guess. Old was RealtekALC892, new is ALC1220-VB.

Anyone else notice anything different? Just my imagination?
reece146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
twistking

i don't tink your usb-headset would even utilize the computers audio chip. it has it's own d/a converter. it should therefore sound exactly the same as before.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
reece146

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
i don't tink your usb-headset would even utilize the computers audio chip. it has it's own d/a converter. it should therefore sound exactly the same as before.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece146 View Post
I flew the Yak for the first time in 4-5 weeks last night and it seems like the sound files are updated?

The engine sounds better, like it's had a factory balance and blue-print compared to the old bunch of bolts in a paint can shaker noises it had before. Not sure which version I prefer.

New PC but same USB headset - could be audio chipset differences I guess. Old was RealtekALC892, new is ALC1220-VB.

Anyone else notice anything different? Just my imagination?
I can't hear a new engine sound. Did you use "Hear like helmet" previously or do you use it now?

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #5
reece146

No, no major settings changes.

I think the new computer is the cause - spent 4 hours in the Mustang last night - sound is different there as well. Must be something different about the computer and/or software driver difference causing it to sound different.

<shrug />