UH-1 Upgrade : Open Letter to BELSIMTEK

Hueyman

I thought everyone knew the DCS UH-1H wasn't exact to 1H specs, but a mish-mash model?

It was discussed to death after launch.

yes and some of us won't forget and will try to hold them too account to higher standards no matter how long it takes.

Its one thing not to have a Huey to an exact specification of a single nation from a particular time period , but totally another to have fictional aspects that seemingly never existed on any UH1H type . ( IE the current XM60 reflex sight reticule) And when the community modders can get together to fix such a relatively simple issue in quick time than it just looks incredibly lazy on the development team to not have done it officially.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276128

Also i would add the way the flare/chaff system is installed on the huey also i call into question as i couldn't find any reference to being installed into very end of the tail but rather the forward tail boom section closer to the fuselage, directly integrated.

I mean it just doesn't make sense. IF BST ( now part of ED) never intended to add RWR then why bother doing a external 3d model of a Huey that has those modified airframe mounts for those sensors? A little bit of consistency too much to ask?

perhaps this can change with a hypothetical Huey remodel, since adding the rwr won't necessarily make not a mix mash of models but add a capabilities that most would want whilst also fixing a reflex sight to an authentic one. The only "mix Mash" feature that genuinely makes sense and that one could turn a blind eye to is the attack gunship configuration ( aussie bushranger) becuase US army operated thier long bodied hueys in slick config only, but otherwise same system could still in practice could have be applied to them if there would have a necessity.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Guys.. they even didin't add their own payware gps module to huey. how hard can it be?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

I have some hopes for the 2/3 years to come but.. any words from them would be nice.

A little slow down of fixed wings releases would be nice to update the whole Heli fleet ( Mi-8 while great is getting old as well, 7 years already .. ).

Of course paid upgrade are a base condition I think and I personally understand and agree with this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Guys.. they even didin't add their own payware gps module to huey. how hard can it be?

Hi, I wondering about GPS. In my opinion it is the last thing in Huey. I personaly use kneeboard and mark position. Much more should be posible to clear all marks from map, sometimes I got a lot of them :)

Hi, I wondering about GPS. In my opinion it is the last thing in Huey. I personaly use kneeboard and mark position. Much more should be posible to clear all marks from map, sometimes I got a lot of them :)

Hi,

Being last thing or first thing is not the case. They have already built a GPS module years ago. It is ready as blood and flesh. They put it into Mi-8 and L-39 already. You can still use your kneeboard and you can still use your ancient doppler navigation with mi-8. The problem is, they didn't bother doing a simple job. I assume it is simple because this GPS module can not handle radio comm's and radio nav's. So they don't have to implement full GPS module from real life.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

And many would like to get that marker thing on kneeboard to be moved to cheat section. So player would be required to use mouse (or other means) to mark their location by themselves if so trying to track it all, instead automatic "accurate position and heading" with a button press.

It would make far more sense as well why to use these GPS devices and the proper navigation methods etc when cheat could be enforced Off.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Is the Yankee variant a possibility, or just too new to get good info?

I don't think it is classified information but I don't think we will see such variants either. I personally prefer Uh-60 instead.

Youtube

I don't think it is classified information but I don't think we will see such variants either. I personally prefer Uh-60 instead.

I agree, but both would be nice. If money is involved, I’d only be likely to spend more on the Huey if it were significantly modernized.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

All the people who bought the Huey are hardcore propeller head. Majority of them would be ALL OVER a version 2.0 ...including me.

I cannot wait for any announcements around this. Yes the Huey show ages and it is quite a popular module.

Also ...an announcement about the implemention of the AH-1 Cobra would make me drop off my chair LOLLL ... but this is another subject! I wish Belsimtek would take this challenge since they got it SO right with the Huey.

• Like 1

+1 for proper Huey simulation 2.0. Maybe add ability to load visible soldiers with added weight so mission makers can combine it with their troop loading scripts.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

[...]I wish Belsimtek would take this challenge since they got it SO right with the Huey.

Belsimtek actually never really existed, it was a group of ED Devs who temporarily split into a 3rd Party Studio as an example for other 3rd Party devs on how ED would handle an agreement and contracts. They reemerged back to ED again.

But I agree, if Belsimtek would still be around, they probably would have done all the things which were promised to us for years...**cough cough** Multicrew**cough, cough**.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Belsimtek actually never really existed, it was a group of ED Devs who temporarily split into a 3rd Party Studio as an example for other 3rd Party devs on how ED would handle an agreement and contracts. They reemerged back to ED again.

But I agree, if Belsimtek would still be around, they probably would have done all the things which were promised to us for years...**cough cough** Multicrew**cough, cough**.

The "promise" multicrew has working, confirmed by Nineline on ED Discord and not only two crews. The actual MC has 2 pilots and two gunners.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

The "promise" multicrew has working, confirmed by Nineline on ED Discord and not only two crews. The actual MC has 2 pilots and two gunners.

when did he say this, and if its no secret why won't we receive respective information in the newsletter?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

In addition , I don't suppose there is any chance they will do a twin engine model as a paid addon is there ?

In addition , I don't suppose there is any chance they will do a twin engine model as a paid addon is there ?

Nope, unlike multi crewing this was never an intended addition.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

ED is now updating its old but gold a10c modulle just for 10 bucks!

Huey is one of the oldest modules. Please either give us a intertal and external update plus some features like you do for warthog. Or make a Uh60..

Youtube

ED is now updating its old but gold a10c modulle just for 10 bucks!

Huey is one of the oldest modules. Please either give us a intertal and external update plus some features like you do for warthog. Or make a Uh60..

this

+1000000

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Yeah my first choice is also a uh60 but my hope is very low for black hawk for short period. So I can live with a huey upgrade tòo

• Like 1

Youtube