JDAM 4 weapons to 1 target issue

discwalker

In DCS 2.5.5.32533 when I use QUANTITY 4 with GBU31V3B 3 of the 4 bombs free fall, only 1 reach the target and explode. (Target kill need approx 10 GBU31.)

I program sta 8 pp mission 1, altitude to 2 meters. (sea)

I pickle when sta 8 selected and hold pickle until all four is released. (release alt. 30k feet)

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

You need to enter target coordinates for each weapon, even if you're dropping all on one target. in this case you would enter the same coordinates for PP1 on all 4 stations (enter PP1 coords, step to next station, enter PP1 coords, step to next, etc)

Also make sure you set the EFUZ on each weapon.

Here’s the short answer. The ‘old’ way the JDAMS were programmed was incorrect. The PP was what the coords were loaded to. In reality, that’s not how it works as coords are loaded to the bomb. You now need to step through the stations and load to the bomb itself. It’s different, but it’s correct now.

As far as QTY release, you can either ripple all 4 on 1 target, ripple 4 on 4 separate targets, or a mix of the two. The QTY option just allows you to do so with one pickle press instead of 4.

Here’s the short answer. The ‘old’ way the JDAMS were programmed was incorrect. The PP was what the coords were loaded to. In reality, that’s not how it works as coords are loaded to the bomb. You now need to step through the stations and load to the bomb itself. It’s different, but it’s correct now.

As far as QTY release, you can either ripple all 4 on 1 target, ripple 4 on 4 separate targets, or a mix of the two. The QTY option just allows you to do so with one pickle press instead of 4.

I'm not sure that the QTY option is working as you describe. In fact I'm not sure of it's function at all now.

Before, when the 'old' way was modelled. You could ripple 4 bombs on to 1 target using QTY. Which seemed logical.

Now, I've just tested QTY 4 with 4 separately PP targets and I needed 4 separate 'pickles' to drop 4 weapons. I could have achieved the same with QTY 1 as the system auto steps to the next station anyway.

I'm not sure what, if anything, 'QTY' selection does now. And, right from the start, didn't Wags insist that rippling 4 weapons onto 4 targets with 1 pickle wasn't possible IRL?

I'm not sure that the QTY option is working as you describe. In fact I'm not sure of it's function at all now.

Before, when the 'old' way was modelled. You could ripple 4 bombs on to 1 target using QTY. Which seemed logical.

Now, I've just tested QTY 4 with 4 separately PP targets and I needed 4 separate 'pickles' to drop 4 weapons. I could have achieved the same with QTY 1 as the system auto steps to the next station anyway.

I'm not sure what, if anything, 'QTY' selection does now. And, right from the start, didn't Wags insist that rippling 4 weapons onto 4 targets with 1 pickle wasn't possible IRL?

It has nothing to do with the PP anymore. It can all be done under PP1. Some of the other stuff in Wag’s original video will have to be scrapped. Coords now have to be loaded to each bomb, not PP programs.

And I tested it, I think Friday, and it worked perfectly. You have to select QTY and box the applicable stations after loading the coords. I would also presume you have to keep the pickle button depressed to consent all stations being released. Keep in mind I only tested with JDAMS so JSOW could offer completely different results.

Edited by Rainmaker

It has nothing to do with the PP anymore. It can all be done under PP1. Some of the other stuff in Wag’s original video will have to be scrapped. Coords now have to be loaded to each bomb, not PP programs.

And I tested it, I think Friday, and it worked perfectly. You have to select QTY and box the applicable stations after loading the coords. I would also presume you have to keep the pickle button depressed to consent all stations being released. Keep in mind I only tested with JDAMS so JSOW could offer completely different results.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the new method of loading up to 6 PP into each bomb. The problem is that despite QTY boxing up to 4 STAs (with different TGT's in PP1 programmed in all) and holding the pickle button, only 1 Station will release. Tested twice now with JDAM.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the new method of loading up to 6 PP into each bomb. The problem is that despite QTY boxing up to 4 STAs (with different TGT's in PP1 programmed in all) and holding the pickle button, only 1 Station will release. Tested twice now with JDAM.

I had zero issues, but that could also be controller related and not sim related necessarily. Does your button mapping give a continuous pulse when you press and hold or does it only press and release regardless of whether you hold or not?

I had zero issues, but that could also be controller related and not sim related necessarily. Does your button mapping give a continuous pulse when you press and hold or does it only press and release regardless of whether you hold or not?

I'm using a TM WH, with no special mapping. Not having a problem in other press and hold functions. Doubt this is it tbh.

Are you 100% sure you can repeat a multi QTY drop (with 1 pickle and hold) with the latest patch?

I'm using a TM WH, with no special mapping. Not having a problem in other press and hold functions. Doubt this is it tbh.

Are you 100% sure you can repeat a multi QTY drop (with 1 pickle and hold) with the latest patch?

Yep, positive. Haven’t fired up DCS for probably 3 months before I updated. If I knew it was going to become a debate, I would have taken video. :)

I did it twice when I did it, 2x on 3/7 and then 4x on 2/3/7/8. GBU-38s.

FWIW, I also have a WH and no mapping.

Edited by Rainmaker

Yep, positive. Haven’t fired up DCS for probably 3 months before I updated. If I knew it was going to become a debate, I would have taken video. :)

FWIW, I also have a WH and no mapping.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to doubt you or anything, but I can't get it to work. I consider myself pretty confident with how the systems work, or at least supposed to work, so this little thing is frustrating me.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to doubt you or anything, but I can't get it to work. I consider myself pretty confident with how the systems work, or at least supposed to work, so this little thing is frustrating me.

No, I didn’t mean/take it that way...hence the smiley. If I get some time, I can check again, but 100% positive I did it with no issue when ai tried it.