HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Maybe your processor is holding you back a bit I use an 8700k 1080ti and 32 gb of ram.

Also make sure you are using wmr for steam vr (beta version so that you don't need to move the steam SS slider to 150% ). Beta version of the wmr for steam vr sets the right resolution for you at 100%.

Then you should keep DCS pixel density at 1.0.

Coming from the original Odyssey it's weird I didn't experience any of what you described. I also run mostly high settings in DCS too.

Would you mind to send a complete setup? With all the settings in DCS, steam, steamVR, WMR? For me, being a bit older, it is so horribly complicated to find optimum settings.... When I switched from the Vive to the reverb I had to reinstall windows and also followed Thuds setup (Which I didn't know before) and my experience w/o changing hardware is I have better performance with the reverb than with the Vive before (AND have the resolution of the reverb). But probably, there is more to tune ...

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

I’ve finally got to try out my replacement reverb and it feels like the lenses are a bit out of sink, in the cliff top house when I first put the headset on I’ll get double vision when I my move my head. Steam vr isn’t on at this point so I don’t think it can be a reprojection thing, also after playing dcs this double vision is replaced by chromatic aberration and pupil swim.

Oh and in dcs when I move my head it seems like the clouds move a little too, this makes me think it’s an ipd thing but I’m sure it was fine with the first reverb I had.

What I’m wondering is did I just not notice this before and everyone has this?

Or is this a wmr ipd software bug (ipd set to 63.5 seemed fine with the first one and is definitely fine in my rift s) that will be fixed by MS at some point?

Or is it a fault with the headset itself and I need a replacement?

Or none of the above?

I would really appreciate any feed back as apart from strange visuals I’m getting now I really love it, also my 30 day refund/replacement period is fast disappearing, thanks :)

I’ve finally got to try out my replacement reverb and it feels like the lenses are a bit out of sink, in the cliff top house when I first put the headset on I’ll get double vision when I my move my head. Steam vr isn’t on at this point so I don’t think it can be a reprojection thing, also after playing dcs this double vision is replaced by chromatic aberration and pupil swim.

What I’m wondering is did I just not notice this before and everyone has this?

Or is this a wmr ipd software bug (ipd set to 63.5 seemed fine with the first one and is definitely fine in my rift s) that will be fixed by MS at some point?

Or is it a fault with the headset itself and I need a replacement?

Or none of the above?

I would really appreciate any feed back as apart from strange visuals I’m getting now I really love it, also my 30 day refund/replacement period is fast disappearing, thanks :)

The sweetspot for the reverb on your face requires that it sits a bit higher or a hit tighter on your face. Try adjusting the straps while looking at something in the cliff house until you see clearly. If you tried all this and still see double then I'm not sure, sounds like an issue. I don't see how the lenses could be misaligned unless the headset was put together wrong.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks sze5003, I must say my gut says it wasn’t like this with the first one as I would have noticed it. That being said it’s amazing what you can miss with your first experience of something new.

If I keep my head still everything is very clear, but slightly more so in my right eye than my left eye.

If you guys aren’t having this stuff going on then I need to get back in touch with HP for replacement number 3. I thought I’d get a refund if this one didn’t work properly but having been reminded of how nice it looks I’m willing to give it another shot

Ps I’m pretty sure I’ve got it in the right place on my face and no matter what position I move it to the weirdness persists.

Edited by Digitalvole

Very apt Don. Months ago I spoke about the ceiling that one 2080 Ti card sets for any VR headset. With the Reverb, you get higher resolution but you have to bump settings down from the Rift S level to run at the same FPS. By the time you do that, the differences are very, very small if I am being honest. The whole Oculus software experience is also a great deal less hassle and more polished than the WMR stuff.

Interesting Which setting down ?

Just a heads-up for anyone in the UK, the Reverb Pro is currently £514.80 on the HP site, down from the usual £599 I was seeing a couple weeks ago. Quidco is also giving 7% cashback on pre-VAT price, for a total of £17 back.

Was going to wait for a Black Friday deal, but I pulled the trigger today, and then promptly ordered a new computer build to go with it.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Hi guys. If my IPD is 73 mm and the reverb limit is 70, do you think that this difference could be the reason of the white stain in the left lens?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hi the pilots,

I just tested a little more Reverb, what the fu** !! Nothing to deal with the Rift, Vive, Vive pro and Pimax that I could have before.

Flying 1h30 on F18 and a10c on Caucasian near the water, in the mountains ... frankly wow :pilotfly::joystick:

I was also able to test the VR + MFD combo in front of me, and it's amazing !! I put stickers on the MFD buttons to recognize them easily, I take the shot very very quickly. Immersion is 100x better than taking the mouse in my opinion.

The PROS :

- SDE ! the clarity and readability of the entire cockpit, I am extremly sensible to this point, clearly the biggest point of this HMD

- no station and no tracking problem: just the HMD to plug in and let's fly !

- comfortable to wear, no fog

- earphones that easily remove

The CONS :

- the sweetspot which is actually reduced, not annoying in flight for me but it is noticed at the ramp especially when we look at the most side buttons

- the reduced fov, it does not bother me at all, surely because I had glasses for 28 years.

- basic rotten earphones (the left does not work on mine, RMA)

- launch steam, steam VR, WMR and finally DCS

The QUESTIONS :

- I can not get the WMR voice commands to work.

- in Steam VR I do not have the DCS application to choose the custom DCS resolution. I havewin 1903, steam VR beta, WMR beta in steam and windows, WMR in 90hz and very high (beta)

- performance ??I put these settings (I have 2080ti, 8600k@5ghz and 32GB) but on the mission F18 "ready for takeoff" I am under 45 fps on ground, and in I also have times under the 45, when I look on the side that slutters, I missed something? I have FPSVR how can I use it to dig the subject?

82f104d1bfcce07faf58b4f3111ad679bc48de72.png

Hoping that my review will help :)

Sorry for the bad english.

Durei

I’m just.getting the VR urge, and am wondering if you really NEED the controllers when in flight sims. Seems like I could save some money, if they aren’t necessary.

Also, is my computer strong enough? See below.

Thanks,

Imo they are completely useless. There is a lot of better ways to control cockpit. Vr controllers is the less ergonomic one

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Imo they are completely useless. There is a lot of better ways to control cockpit. Vr controllers is the less ergonomic one

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

false, need to be trainable

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

The more I read the more I think I am just fine with my Rift S.
You read to mutch.

I Sale my S instantly on the Next Day,after one Day with the Reverb It's really another level of Resolution, colors and Black Level on Night Missions ,where the S was only Grey

That's my DCS VR Motion Sim for the Reverb. Without the Noserubber,you can also perfect use the MFD's and the Keyboard .

https://www.facebook.com/160226694172179/posts/1228464574015047/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

You read to mutch.

I Sale my S instantly on the Next Day,after one Day with the Reverb It's really another level of Resolution, colors and Black Level on Night Missions ,where the S was only Grey

That's my DCS VR Motion Sim for the Reverb. Without the Noserubber,you can also perfect use the MFD's and the Keyboard .

https://www.facebook.com/160226694172179/posts/1228464574015047/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Maybe, but I don't just use my Rift S for flight sims, I enjoy many other games that support the Touch Controllers. So if I were to get a Reverb, it would be strictly for a couple of flight sims and just not sure it would be worth the cost to me for that. Especially as I am enjoying my Rift S very much even in running on some pretty high gfx settings. And I have seen reports also from some others that do not find it that big an improvement over the Rift S.

Not real enticed to have to faff about with both WMR and Steam VR either.

Who knows, if they were to have a nice Black Friday sale on them I might consider.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The opinions on this headset are from one end of the scale to the other.
Really depends what you need it for. I only fly with it and I don't really play any other vr games so for me it's great. When I had the cv1 I did play other vr titles but I found myself not playing those other titles too long anyway.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Really depends what you need it for. I only fly with it and I don't really play any other vr games so for me it's great. When I had the cv1 I did play other vr titles but I found myself not playing those other titles too long anyway.

I am only interested in dcs and seating position vr demos to show friends.

I think it actually depends (more, at least) on whether or not you have a machine capable of running the Reverb to full capacity.

If you can, then get the Reverb.

If you cannot, then get the Rift S.

The Reverb is definitely better from a resolution perspective (though not from a software, setup, controller, or headset ergonomic one), but you really will not notice the difference in resolution too much. The Reverb is GREATER but the Rift S is "GREAT ENOUGH": you can read all your instruments comfortably (and the bigger sweet spot helps with this), track bandits well enough in BFM. and you can still savor the awesome art and beauty of the world. (As a side note, while living with the CV1, whenever I used to see screenshots especially from devs hyping their work on modules I always used to feel a little twinge of regret because I knew when I got to see it it would be through globs of vaseline. No more! Now I rejoice at the eye-popping detail. I have spent a couple of hours revisiting many cockpits that were gathering dust and places I have not been in the DCS world for the long time to relish what I've been missing. Comparing the Rift S and Reverb, really they are so much, much, much closer to each other in experience/perception than the jump from CV1 ).

I still have both units here with me. Switching back and forth between one and another, I feel no (emotional) "pain" with the apparent lower resolution in the Rift S. The difference is very subtle. I do however feel the pain of the atrocious frame rates I get with the Reverb. What's the point of a beautiful world in crisp higher resolution if its shaky and wobbly or induces nausea due to bad frame rates? The Reverb is probably going back unless I can commit to upgrading my machine in the immediate future (I told myself I am going to with till the 3080-series graphics cards come out before I do this ....)

Edited by Bearfoot

I think it actually depends (more, at least) on whether or not you have a machine capable of running the Reverb to full capacity.

If you can, then get the Reverb.

If you cannot, then get the Rift S.

The Reverb is definitely better from a resolution perspective (though not from a software, setup, controller, or headset ergonomic one), but you really will not notice the difference in resolution too much. The Reverb is GREATER but the Rift S is "GREAT ENOUGH": you can read all your instruments comfortably (and the bigger sweet spot helps with this), track bandits well enough in BFM. and you can still savor the awesome art and beauty of the world. (As a side note, while living with the CV1, whenever I used to see screenshots especially from devs hyping their work on modules I always used to feel a little twinge of regret because I knew when I got to see it it would be through globs of vaseline. No more! Now I rejoice at the eye-popping detail. I have spent a couple of hours revisiting many cockpits that were gathering dust and places I have not been in the DCS world for the long time to relish what I've been missing. Comparing the Rift S and Reverb, really they are so much, much, much closer to each other in experience/perception than the jump from CV1 ).

I still have both units here with me. Switching back and forth between one and another, I feel no (emotional) "pain" with the apparent lower resolution in the Rift S. The difference is very subtle. I do however feel the pain of the atrocious frame rates I get with the Reverb. What's the point of a beautiful world in crisp higher resolution if its shaky and wobbly or induces nausea due to bad frame rates? The Reverb is probably going back unless I can commit to upgrading my machine in the immediate future (I told myself I am going to with till the 3080-series graphics cards come out before I do this ....)

Yup I forgot to mention, if your system can handle it of course. If you also play a lot of other controller based vr games the software package with Oculus is also much easier to use than wmr.

I was first cautious about the performance of the reverb on my system but after I got it and realized I can run it, I'm happy with it.

I really like the reverb, I just wish I could get one that works properly. 2nd reverb is going back to HP today, I’m sure the lenses are misaligned. Left eye is not as clear as right eye, and lots of ghosting, pupil swim and chromatic aberration which I didn’t see in the first one I had. But I had decided that the improvement over the rift S, though not light years ahead, was worth the extra outlay.

I want to find that info with the HP guy saying if you have the pro HP will send you a new one before they collect the old one, as that didn’t happen to me last time but I would like it to this time. (Any links would be greatly appreciated)

Will give it one more go, 3rd times the charm and all that. Though if that one doesn’t work I still have the excellent rift s so I can’t complain.

I really like the reverb, I just wish I could get one that works properly. 2nd reverb is going back to HP today, I’m sure the lenses are misaligned. Left eye is not as clear as right eye, and lots of ghosting, pupil swim and chromatic aberration which I didn’t see in the first one I had. But I had decided that the improvement over the rift S, though not light years ahead, was worth the extra outlay.

I want to find that info with the HP guy saying if you have the pro HP will send you a new one before they collect the old one, as that didn’t happen to me last time but I would like it to this time. (Any links would be greatly appreciated)

Will give it one more go, 3rd times the charm and all that. Though if that one doesn’t work I still have the excellent rift s so I can’t complain.

I am the guy :D

I contacted aftersales on phone and email about the dillemma.

They trusted me and i didn't violated that trust. The only thing they wanted was evidence (scanned paper from DHL) that the reverb was sended back to HP, wich i did the same day that i collected the new one.

good luck! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: