DCS World A-10C skin/texture issue

mtpiperpilot

Hello everyone! First time poster, though I've been around since the LOMAC days. I've had the DCS A-10C sim for quite a while, but took a break from flight sims and am recently getting back into it. I realized that DCS:World looked the better way to go, so I downloaded and installed from Steam. Everything seemed good up until last night when I realized that the A-10C skins change, depending on zoom level in the F2 exterior view. This only seems to happen in the training missions for the A-10C. See below:

Screen_150722_073748_zpsckg4r71e.jpg

Screen_150722_073755_zpsetdzymxs.jpg

I recently purchased a really nice high end MSI laptop, and now I can run DCS with most everything maxed out and still get 45+ FPS. I have the MSI GT70 894 - http://www.msimobile...age.aspx?id=453 with upgraded SSD and Ram to 20gb. All windows updates, firmware/graphics card updates, and steam/DCS updates are current. I'm at version 1.2.16.39472 of DCS: World. I have no problems with any other sims/games, and my computer recently passed a RAM/GPU stress test.

Strangely, this problem doesn't appear with the dedicated DCS A-10C sim, at all, which is at version 1.1.1.1. I've tried verifying the cache on Steam, no change. I've not modded DCS: World at all. I've searched this forum and the web and haven't found anything that points to the cause. Any ideas?

If I were to guess, it seems like an LOD issue? But I'm certainly no expert.

Thanks for any help!

Brandon

This is not a bug or issue with your setup but just happens when a mission loads with the default skins. If you want to prevent this in the future just bring any mission into the mission editor and select the paint scheme of your choice using the drop down menu at the bottom of the loadout page and resave the mission.

skins.thumb.jpg.a531ef6829b2427c1f0e97fb33ee1b6c.jpg