A-10C Wishlist

onib89

Last i read about newer A10 variants aren't coming anytime soon due to license agreements

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

As much as a new contract might be needed for ED to develop an updated module due to the previous one, would the same stipulation exist for a third party to come in and create a newer version? Would ED even allow it as a newer suite would potentially devalue a first party product?

Even if ED did allow a 3rd party to create a newer suite of the A-10C, who'd be crazy enough to do that from scratch? ED has done two types of the A-10, and they'd be perfectly suited to do the upgrade.

If a 3rd party did it, they'd have to re-create almost everything ED have already done. Naturally, with the A-10C module being out for so long, people would be extremely picky about every little detail. The CDU alone must have been a massive endeavor.

Long story short, I can't imagine any 3rd party even applying to do an A-10C Suite 7 or newer.

As it stands, the limitations of our ugly old hawg make it a less and less attractive purchase compared to the F18, that once it has it's TGP will be able to do almost everything the 'hog can do, but faster and arguably better (minus the gun and overall stores capacity).

In terms of module quality, the Hog is still far more finished than the Hornet, while it lacks some of the newer features like a (graphics-wise) more modern and VR optimized cockpit.

In terms of capabilities, the Hog is still a tailor made CAS aircraft and works perfectly in that role. The Hornet won't take any of that away.

Plus, of course, what Snoopy said about loiter time. :)

Everything I’ve read from ED says that their development contract under which they created the ANG trainer and from which we got the module, prohibits upgrades beyond what we now have.

I regret bringing this up, again, but contracts can be amended, expired or completely re-nogiated. Im not even making a prediction, but ED started with no contracts, needed some rights, negotiated and got those rights. Likely each active airframe has its own conditions and restrictions.

I completely agree that ED wont spontaneously release something that violates terms of an active agreement, but to state that because an agreement exists, new features must be completely impossible for all futures, is not accurate.

Now I am also not making a prediction that they will, but just over-reacting to the claim that they never could.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I never said anything regarding new deals or renegotiation.

I just pointed out that the current deal, as it stands, will not allow upgrades.

I’ve heard this said over and over again for more than six years, but I’ve never seen any source of any ED contracts or deals. Do you have one or is this just some guestimation made in to fact by constant repetition? Honest question, not trying to come across as douchy.

I’ve heard this said over and over again for more than six years, but I’ve never seen any source of any ED contracts or deals. Do you have one or is this just some guestimation made in to fact by constant repetition? Honest question, not trying to come across as douchy.

Wags said himself that they couldn't due to their contract with the USAF/ANG. Can't recall if it was on here, Facebook, or their discord though.

I just hope we get a sort of proper neck with the up-coming cockpit rework. Right now, the HUD does not shift one bit if you turn your head, only once you start shifting you your pilots body/viewpoint around. ED has moved the eyepoint 5cm forward for most of their own aircraft that got reworked over the last couple of years, like SU-33 and F-15, so they will probably touch up the A-10c as well.

@Snoopy You guys fly the A-10c a lot; concerning the Viewpoint/eyepoint, do you fly it vanilla, or do you use PeterPs "Proper Neck" mod?

More SADL functionality. It's really lacking compared to what datalink features are already available with link 16 on the hornet, and sadl has alot of comperable features.

Most notably missing air threats symbology, and a/g sam threat symbology and thier known launch radius.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Honestly, I took the A10C for a ride using Reverb. Wow is the cockpit texture bad. I never realized it because I didn't fly other planes much, and I had Rift CV1. But when i took it for a ride with Reverb, oh my. The reworked cockpit texture can't come fast enough!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1