HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

It was the question about 1.4 (not 1.3 like from HP support), I havent Reverb.

1.4 is backwards compatible with 1.3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I was going to post that if I squash the headset against my face hard I can barely see that effect on the sides starting to show. I have loosened my headset like three times and it is very comfortable now and so easy to put on. My only nit is down to the heavy cable and tugging you might feel occasionally (I did zip tie the connector/cable to the head-strap and recommend that). The clarity, comfort, and performance is great. My sweet spot is nearly the entire screen at 64 mm IPD. After now some 14 hours using it I can't go back to less clarity. With the performance I am getting I have not tried 60Hz.

The only issue I've had with mine so far was the problem with seeing the edges of the lenses in the form of dancing blue halos when I moved my eyes. As it turns out, I hadn't quite gotten proficient at adjusting the straps, and it was just squeezing the hell out of my face. That was stretching the edges of my ocular cavities too and causing things to be a little blurry. No more problems there.

I have already found out that the extender cable I bought (so I can watch 3D movies on my couch) doesn't work with the Reverb, but I remember different HDMI versions being sensitive to whether or not the cable itself was certified for that version, so this is probably something similar to that.

On the subject of the flickering. So far I haven't had that, but I did find that switching the WMR refresh rate from Auto to 60Hz produced a really annoying flicker. I have it forced to 90Hz now and everything is fine. Since the default setting is Auto, could the flickering people are seeing maybe be induced by WMR intermittently switching back and forth between refresh rates? Not sure. Just throwing that out there as an idea. If that possibility has already been addressed a few pages back, forgive me, the thread IS over 160 pages now. :D How about Windows power management settings for things like USB power? I have all of that stuff set to never turn off or go into a low power mode, so maybe that's what's causing problems for others?

So far, this is great in DCS. I just have to tweak the in-game IPD to make things look right again. :)

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I'm sending my Reverb back to HP.

After a week or so of trying hard, I'm afraid that the only things in its favour compared to my Vive Pro are resolution and SDE. Everything else is, IMO, worse - build quality, comfort, audio headset and the sound quality, colour saturation, dynamic range, the horrible cable, and, maybe worst of all, WMR.

I literally can't deal with the faffing around with WMR. When it works, it works OK, but having to adopt a hit and miss approach to getting DCS running - is it SteamVr first, or WMR or DCS? Who knows, but all this multi layered platform thing - there are 4 when running DCS - is too much. There are issues with the mouse not working in the DCS window because of priorities in how the layers should be loaded. Then there are missing laser pointer issues, etc. etc.

I will never complain about SteamVR again! (I know there are plans for native DCS support, but when will that happen?)

To add to all this, I have had black screens, audio cutting out which is fixed by tapping on the headset and a dimming that occurs after a quick flicker after about a minute of putting on the HMD. I could have dealt with all those if the rest of the experience had been better.

So, I am waiting now for the Valve Index with great anticipation.

Shame, as I really was looking forward to the Reverb blowing me away.

The mouse thing and window priority when dealing with DCS can be remedied by how you launch dcs. If you open wmr app and then run DCS you will lose your mouse sometimes as it does not focus on the right window.

To remedy this issue I always put on my Odyssey first, then the cliff house opens up. I tap Windows key and select the desktop app from within the headset. Then you click the dcs shortcut and it launches properly. You will never have the mouse/window priority issue again. It will automatically launch steamvr from within the headset and you will be good to go.

I think the way you are supposed to use wmr is through the headset. That's why if you open dcs though the desktop app of the headset, you won't have any mouse issue.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The mouse thing and window priority when dealing with DCS can be remedied by how you launch dcs. If you open wmr app and then run DCS you will lose your mouse sometimes as it does not focus on the right window.

To remedy this issue I always put on my Odyssey first, then the cliff house opens up. I tap Windows key and select the desktop app from within the headset. Then you click the dcs shortcut and it launches properly. You will never have the mouse/window priority issue again. It will automatically launch steamvr from within the headset and you will be good to go.

I think the way you are supposed to use wmr is through the headset. That's why if you open dcs though the desktop app of the headset, you won't have any mouse issue.

I'm sure there is a way, but even your post suggests it's a process. For me, it just wasn't worth the effort. There were loads of other annoyances with WMR compared to running SteamVR on its own, and I thought that was a pain compared to the simplicity of Oculus' software when I had a Rift!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Unfortunately its resolution is lower than Reverb's. Even the magical XTAL can't change the resolution rule for VR.

As has been well documented, there is a lot more to a good VR headset than resolution.

Never had an issue with the VP's 28801600, especially at high PD/SS values. It has always been SDE that has been the big issue for me, and that should be solved by the Index along with higher refresh rates, wider FOV, novel audio approach.

Still, we will see later this month.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm sending my Reverb back to HP.

After a week or so of trying hard, I'm afraid that the only things in its favour compared to my Vive Pro are resolution and SDE. Everything else is, IMO, worse - build quality, comfort, audio headset and the sound quality, colour saturation, dynamic range, the horrible cable, and, maybe worst of all, WMR.

I literally can't deal with the faffing around with WMR. When it works, it works OK, but having to adopt a hit and miss approach to getting DCS running - is it SteamVr first, or WMR or DCS? Who knows, but all this multi layered platform thing - there are 4 when running DCS - is too much. There are issues with the mouse not working in the DCS window because of priorities in how the layers should be loaded. Then there are missing laser pointer issues, etc. etc.

I will never complain about SteamVR again! (I know there are plans for native DCS support, but when will that happen?)

To add to all this, I have had black screens, audio cutting out which is fixed by tapping on the headset and a dimming that occurs after a quick flicker after about a minute of putting on the HMD. I could have dealt with all those if the rest of the experience had been better.

So, I am waiting now for the Valve Index with great anticipation.

Shame, as I really was looking forward to the Reverb blowing me away.

Really sorry to hear that Imacken.

I have been thinking on these lines and feared for the hardware failing. I have run out of time because I fly out to Greece early on Monday morning and my 14 days is up on Thursday.

What's buggered me up is the crappy, living out on the sticks internet connection I have. Fibre optical broadband got within 3 miles of the house and stopped dead. I have to live with copper and 8 miles from the nearest main telephone exchange with a few signal boosters along the way.

With all the updates, new installs and now switching to open beta to take advantage of the reported VR improvement in 2.55 over my present 2.54 stable branch; I have pretty much been downloading stuff constantly since I got the Reverb. Over 130GB of data so far at 3.5Mbs.

Switched to OB and downloaded 33GBof DCS World during the week and was asked if I wanted my modules transferring over to the new install.

Said yes and sat back.

DCS finished and in the "Rubiks cube" I had 12 notifications to install modules. Great, checked install all and was presented with another 70 or so GBs to download.....:mad: !!! I had the sodding things on my hard drive already. That really is poor. I had to delete my stable version as there was not enough room for both.

Note to myself: use the command line method next time dummy.

PC has been downloading since yesterday teatime and is currently at 50%.

All this snail pace downloading as I uncover yet another problem that needs a download to fix it has caused me to run out of time. Of course I can't test it out when a download is in progress, I don't want to do anything to destabilise it. A week and a half of ownership and I have yet to actually fly a mission.

However, I have become convinced that all the problems are USB related. I also believe the heavy double cable is a late replacement for a single type, as it connects to a single cable in the headset. I would guess that as people submit tickets regarding disconnects ect, they will eventually be sent a revised cable. I'm betting on the original lightweight cable being found to be insufficiently durable was the cause of the launch delay.

But you are right, WMR software sucks big time. In the little testing and tweaking I have managed between the marathon downloading sessions, things are improving. Stopping Oculus starting helped a lot.

Correct way of starting is to put headset on, allow wmr portal to auto start, wake up your snoozing desktop in cliff house and start steam wmr and dcs from there. No mouse issues doing it that way.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I'm sure there is a way, but even your post suggests it's a process. For me, it just wasn't worth the effort. There were loads of other annoyances with WMR compared to running SteamVR on its own, and I thought that was a pain compared to the simplicity of Oculus' software when I had a Rift!
Everything has a process. I found it less of a process to just put the headset on and then click the dcs icon on the desktop. The windows desktop app stays open in the cliff house when you shutdown wmr so the next time you put the headset on so it's not like there are any extra steps.

Previously, I used to launch wmr app, then steam vr then dcs. Now I just put the headset on my face.

I agree the Oculus software is golden and much better. Honestly I don't like steam vr and that is why I use the original odyssey just with DCS because playing my Oculus games is awkward with the wmr controllers as the buttons and assignments are different. At least there is the option to do so with revive.

I could see steam vr being all you need if all the VR games ever made worked on all headsets without the need to be on a separate platform like oculus or wmr. This is how it should be and I'm not sure why the API's were all split among so many different platforms.

If the index or Vive pro didn't cost so much I'd go that route but I don't want to set up external sensors and such in my apartment bedroom.

I can't wait for DCS to make wmr native so that we don't have to use steam vr too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Really sorry to hear that Imacken.

I have been thinking on these lines and feared for the hardware failing. I have run out of time because I fly out to Greece early on Monday morning and my 14 days is up on Thursday.

What's buggered me up is the crappy internet connection I have. With all the updates, new installs and now switching to open beta to take advantage of the reported VR improvement in 2.55 over my present 2.54 stable branch; I have pretty much been downloading stuff constantly since I got the Reverb. Over 130GB of data so far at 3.5Mbs.

Switched to OB and downloaded 33GBof DCS World during the week and was asked if I wanted my modules transferring over to the new install.

Said yes and sat back.

DCS finished and in the "Rubiks cube" I had 12 notifications to install modules. Great, checked install all and was presented with another 70 or so GBs to download.....:mad: !!! I had the sodding things on my hard drive already. That really is poor. I had to delete my stable version as there was not enough room for both.

PC has been downloading since yesterday teatime and is currently at 50%.

All this snail pace downloading as I uncover yet another problem that needs a download to fix it has caused me to run out of time. Of course I can't test it out when a download is in progress, I don't want to do anything to destabilise it. A week and a half of ownership and I have yet to actually fly a mission.

However, I have become convinced that all the problems are USB related. I also believe the heavy double cable is a late replacement for a single type, as it connects to a single cable in the headset. I would guess that as people submit tickets regarding disconnects ect, they will eventually be sent a revised cable. I'm betting on the original lightweight cable being found to be insufficiently durable was the cause of the launch delay.

But you are right, WMR software sucks big time. In the little testing and tweaking I have managed between the marathon downloading sessions, things are improving. Stopping Oculus starting helped a lot.

Correct way of starting is to put headset on, allow wmr portal to auto start, wake up your snoozing desktop in cliff house and start steam wmr and dcs from there. No mouse issues doing it that way.

No need to start steam vr and dcs while you wake up your desktop app in the headset. Just make a shortcut to dcs in your desktop so when you put on the headset and are presented with the desktop in the cliff house, just double click the dcs shortcut icon. Everything launches on its own after that and all you have to do is alt+enter to go full screen. Your mouse also won't refocus even if you don't do full screen since you launched from within the headset.

As has been well documented, there is a lot more to a good VR headset than resolution.

As long as other things are good enough/functional - tracking, software, sound - clarity become priority number one. For me of course:) Head tracking is perfectly ok in WMR, headphones work, comfort is decent, software is quirky, but mostly does the job (in my case starting DCS is a 3 stage process: Steam >SteamVR (which automatically starts WMR) > click play in VR on Skatezilla's DCS app. No issues with the mouse or any other, unless eg Voiceattack takes focus away from the DCS window.

Never had an issue with the VP's 28801600, especially at high PD/SS values. It has always been SDE that has been the big issue for me, and that should be solved by the Index along with higher refresh rates, wider FOV, novel audio approach.

Still, we will see later this month.

I was happy with RiftS too, but A-to-B comparisons with the Reverb have highlighted just how much more information does reverb provide.

The headset that I am curious about is Acer's ConceptD - same res as the Reverb, but potentially better in other areas perhaps.

However,I absolutely can not imagine going back to lower res, reverb is full RGB stripe already, so lower res will be just that no ifs and buts:(

However,I absolutely can not imagine going back to lower res, reverb is full RGB stripe already, so lower res will be just that no ifs and buts:(

Yes, but that doesn't make up for the poor dynamic range and colour depth from the LCD panels compared to OLEDs.

In any case as there are less pixels to push around, you can push the SS/PD values up to compensate to a large extent for the difference in resolution.

It's all subjective though, and in the case of the Index, pure speculation at this stage.

Yes, but that doesn't make up for the poor dynamic range and colour depth from the LCD panels compared to OLEDs.

In any case as there are less pixels to push around, you can push the SS/PD values up to compensate to a large extent for the difference in resolution.

It's all subjective though, and in the case of the Index, pure speculation at this stage.

I think you have been spoiled by OLED screens - if I remember correctly my experience with the Vive I found the colors to be oversaturated, something I never could get over with - but that's something personal, a lot of people will always go with oversaturation instead of more blend and natural colors. The real drawback for LCD panels are the blacks that are not deep enough, but they seem to get better at this. Your experience with WMR is quite interesting as I never experienced a single problem you mentioned. I guess I'm the lucky one.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I've never experienced OLED VR in all its glory (a misfortune and a blessing in one:D)- CV1's colours are suffocated by the infamous "Spud" setting, RiftS is LCD and Reverb is pretty close to the S.

With regards to SS\PD, RiftS had significantly worse definition and obviously much (4-6times) fatter pixels even when set to the levels of SS that had worse performance than the Reverb's default 150% setting. Flying Il2 without labels and VR zoom is a comfortable experience in the Reverb, not so in the S.

Edited by Katmandu

I am sure HP will smooth the Reverb out quickly even though they botched the new product introduction pretty much. To me it appears that the Acer ConceptD Ojo will be the main competitor to the Reverb coming up. While it is being targeted as for commercial arcade uses it will still have a consumer offering and the feature set kind of matches the Reverb. I am betting that price point will be about the same. I agree that if you need tracking (external) for moving around and swinging controllers the Valve Index may be the way to go. I still think the Reverb/Ojo will still be optimal in simulators where you sit and resolution is critical.

As for the LCD colors I actually think the blacks and darks are pretty good as LCD goes in the Reverb. The colors aren't HDR or OLED but the sunsets and explosions/fires aren't bad and I have an 82" QLED 4K Samsung TV monitor I am staring at much of the time comparing it to the headset. Of course my buddy argues his LG OLED is better. lol I think MicroLED will replace everything soon. IMO they are all pretty good these days. I guess if you are using the headset primarily for watching movies something else may be better but an OLED resolution of only 1600 x 1440 is a bit concerning after the Reverb.

https://vrscout.com/news/acer-reveals-conceptd-4k-windows-vr-headset/

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

To me it appears that the Acer ConceptD Ojo will be the main competitor to the Reverb coming up. While it is being targeted as for commercial arcade uses it will still have a consumer offering and the feature set kind of matches the Reverb. I am betting that price point will be about the same. I agree that if you need tracking (external) for moving around and swinging controllers the Valve Index may be the way to go. I still think the Reverb/Ojo will be optimal in simulators where you sit.

https://vrscout.com/news/acer-reveals-conceptd-4k-windows-vr-headset/

Yup, ConceptD is what I see as one potential threat to my wallet :) For now, I'm sticking to my occasionally flickering (few seconds per several hours of use) Reverb, I'm not even going to send it back as replacement could be 6 weeks away. I'll trigger warranty claim once the supply is plentiful and issues were sorted in some update - unless it is software of course. RiftS also had issues like black screen, but sorted them with firmware.

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like the hamster wheel of waiting for the next HMD to release? HAHA

"We'll get'em next time" comes to mind... I suspect we are where we are for the next year or two unless Samsung or Sony have some uber secret project in the wings. I *personally* haven't had great luck with Acer so I'll likely pass.

I hope the reverb I get sent has no issues so I can really see how the extra pixels change my DCS experience.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like the hamster wheel of waiting for the next HMD to release? HAHA

"We'll get'em next time" comes to mind... I suspect we are where we are for the next year or two unless Samsung or Sony have some uber secret project in the wings. I *personally* haven't had great luck with Acer so I'll likely pass.

I hope the reverb I get sent has no issues so I can really see how the extra pixels change my DCS experience.

I've had that battle since 286 to 286-16 to 386SX to 386 to 486 to 486/DX2 to Pentium to ivy to sandy to whatever it is that i7 and i9 are using! :D

it's no different with VR and I for one am glad of the revolution that's marching along.

As for the Reverb, they suffer from every other product. Only the people with issues speak up. So the perception is vastly skewed. I don't mean that there aren't problems, but the total # of problems almost always are not statistically low. Cue Gates recent tweet about skewed perception to reality.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

When you say flickering does it flicker from dark to the image mainly or does it flicker to some other image and then back to normal? Is it only one side? Just curious. I wonder if I avoided it by zip tying the cable to the headset strap because mine is silky smooth and spot on tracking and image. Better than the Lenovo is. I am so impressed with it and then I read these issues.

I would hang on to it for now with that intermittent of an issue. It really could be firmware although it is weird that it only affects some. I agree that only a small minority of the ones shipped are likely affected and hit the social media. I think the demand is pretty high on the Reverb the way they are selling.

Yup, ConceptD is what I see as one potential threat to my wallet :) For now, I'm sticking to my occasionally flickering (few seconds per several hours of use) Reverb, I'm not even going to send it back as replacement could be 6 weeks away. I'll trigger warranty claim once the supply is plentiful and issues were sorted in some update - unless it is software of course. RiftS also had issues like black screen, but sorted them with firmware.

Edited by Secoda

When you say flickering does it flicker from dark to the image mainly or does it flicker to some other image and then back to normal? Is it only one side? Just curious. I wonder if I avoided it by zip tying the cable to the headset strap because mine is silky smooth and spot on tracking and image. Better than the Lenovo is. I am so impressed with it and then I read these issues.

I would hang on to it for now with that intermittent of an issue. It really could be firmware although it is weird that it only affects some.

HP Reverb techs have acknowledged that the cable connector is the source of the disconnects due to flexing in the joint. They are now starting to supply clips to hold the connector rigid and are working on a new cable with more secure latching and better fitting connections.

I have added a further mod to the cable tie trick as I was still getting the odd disconnect. Figured even with two cable ties holding the cable at the exit end, it could possibly still twist past the cable ties slightly due to the ridiculous rigidity of the cable.

So I made an inch loop and brought it back on itself, then added another cable tie so it now exits starboard rear. The loop should take care of any slight twisting that gets past the new tie and stabilise the connector further.

Added bonus is it no longer appears to occasionally catch on the right earphone assembly when you turn the head to the right.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

HP Reverb techs have acknowledged that the cable connector is the source of the disconnects due to flexing in the joint. They are now starting to supply clips to hold the connector rigid and are working on a new cable with more secure latching and better fitting connections.

Sounds good!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Happily waiting on a Rev 2 unit then I guess. No rush for me.

Cool. Although still an issue if yours is affected. Hopefully, they send one out to all of us since mine came directly from HP. :-) It appears the zip tie mod relieved me of seeing any problems. The bleeding edge of technology. lol

IMO that thick, heavy, and stiff cable is too much. They don't need that even if there is a lot of data steaming. It must be for heavy arcade use but the connector is a weak point. Then they could skip the connector (but I guess they need it for the backpack). I think they supplied that from a welding distributor. :-) It could be that flexing on the connector ruins it.

I have added a further mod to the cable tie trick as I was still getting the odd disconnect. Figured even with two cable ties holding the cable at the exit end, it could possibly still twist past the cable ties slightly due to the ridiculous rigidity of the cable.

So I made an inch loop and brought it back on itself, then added another cable tie so it now exits starboard rear. The loop should take care of any slight twisting that gets past the new tie and stabilise the connector further.

Added bonus is it no longer appears to occasionally catch on the right earphone assembly when you turn the head to the right.

I have the zip ties like this. I could support the connection itself I guess.

Hglv7CO.jpg

Edited by Secoda

After three days tweaking settings, space warping, smoothing the reverb pro! Yes, HP Reverb is KING! :D

It was a big journey if you come from the rift cv1!

Windows mixed portal, steamVR, Advanced settings openvr, WMR for steam, but the journey ended far beyond expectations. Almost Max. settings DCS and hitting 45 FPS straight with overwhelming crisp 3d DCS. WOW!!

Just the VR BOOST and i don't have to build a new rig anymore! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Usually it's one of the eys, not both and there is not other image, only the screen "blinking" several times. I've also done the zip tie mod just in case.

After three days tweaking settings, space warping, smoothing the reverb pro! Yes, HP Reverb is KING! :D

It was a big journey if you come from the rift cv1!

Windows mixed portal, steamVR, Advanced settings openvr, WMR for steam, but the journey ended far beyond expectations. Almost Max. settings DCS and hitting 45 FPS straight with overwhelming crisp 3d DCS. WOW!!

Just the VR BOOST and i don't have to build a new rig anymore! :D

Could you screenshot the various settings? thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1