Where is TWS?

Avelis

An STT scream at the enemy aircraft will result in a ‘spike’ call, a TWS lock and launch even on a single target will only result in the enemy calling ‘nails’ and will not know when a launch has occurred.

It’s generally not a good thing to announce your position, intentions and current actions in any kind of warfare but especially not in the modern air combat environment.

An STT lock is over kill in the BVR (with Fox 3’s) environment, resulting in lack of situational awareness and giving the enemy a ‘hard lock’ tone.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

& while the F/A-18C is definitely a less capable aircraft without TWS to guide the AMRAAM, it's still a capable aircraft with only the AIM-7...

Yes but with the Sparrow's need for STT to impact, I have to support that missile well into range of the OPFOR missile. And even then there's a good chance the Great White Hope will miss.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

:megalol::megalol::megalol: Such an arrogant claim without any evidence :megalol::megalol::megalol:

I own every module, even the C-101 (with 0,2 flight hours total) without playing MP and I'm by far not the only one.

Wow. You should find some friends to fly MP with. It’s so much more fun than playing with the AI imho.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I always thought that 'only 4% of the community ever do MP' argument was mostly made up as an excuse for never fixing any MP problems... ironically the solution to some AI problems then is 'is no issue in MP'.

But more seriously: interesting point about AMRAAMs being 'useless' with no TWS. I really can't agree with that.

But more seriously: interesting point about AMRAAMs being 'useless' with no TWS. I really can't agree with that.

Okay, how about Slammers are no more useful than Sparrows without TWS?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

It would also give us the ability to IFF targets without hard-locking them

Having a working IFF at all would be the first step though... rainbowdashwink.png

63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

100% of all statistics you have not falsified yourself can't be trusted

rdlaugh.png

At least LTWS is being worked on now.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

:megalol::megalol::megalol: Such an arrogant claim without any evidence :megalol::megalol::megalol:

I own every module, even the C-101 (with 0,2 flight hours total) without playing MP and I'm by far not the only one.

Based on your posts you should probably stick to single player. :)

TWS or LTWS is, like most have been saying, important for single targets because it won't give the hard lock warning. It's also important because you can track multiple targets simultaneously to keep a clear picture of the combat environment. Nothing contributes as much to getting shot down as only being able to track one contact as you approach BVR. It's also pretty easy to forget that everybody else can lock you up without the hard lock warning and fire at you...

Cheers!

Wow. You should find some friends to fly MP with. It’s so much more fun than playing with the AI imho.

Oh I have some good friends but to be honest its not easy to convince them to spend hours over hours a week on one game. Two childs and a quite big piece of land make sure that my time is also limited to 3-4 hours a week. After a hard day of work I'm also not very interested in stressful hardcore or competetive play.

Based on your posts you should probably stick to single player. :)

You can rest assured, I will :thumbup:. Most of the MP guys are ok and funny blokes but a handful seem to have some kind of identity disorder believing they are just one step apart from being real fighter jocks taking everything much too serious and thinking their word is law (or their own statistic).

Edited by FSKRipper
Typo error

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]