Autumn 2018 Update

-Rudel-

• It has also been decided that the two external 8K textures will once again be split back into separate 4K sets to help mitigate stuttering for low end computer systems, after several users have been reporting

Hi Rudel, can you please describe what this mean to all of us MiG21 livery makers? What will happen to OUR old liverys? Will we also need to split our old/new textutres?

And what about PSD templates, will there be a new ones?

Just teasing. And maintaining foreign relations :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Another detail to show:

44346344_2146033815619285_8816714985557196800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=70964d7ed23682435f29a7a729f5bb15&oe=5C57F4C6

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Having kicked a few airplane tires in my life... that tire is impressive. A little cleaner than anything I ran into but daaaaammmnnn!!!

Ready Player One's book might come true one the these days. As in being inside the Oasis looks better than real life.

It's getting there. It was flat, now it has grooves, scratches and other signs of usage:

Screen_181019_162340.png

Screen_181019_162237.png

The cockpit will soon be underway for a complete makeover. Your pleas were read, and we're planning...we repeat plan on providing a multitude of cockpit livery options. This includes colors, language, measuring system, and varying degrees of weathering. Though there is no guarantee on the quantity yet. Small fixes are being implemented in patches as well.

Good to hear the Fishbed is getting an overhaul! :)

About the cockpit: do you plan to fix the mouse click bug with switches? (so, simply releasing the patch I gave you about 2 years ago)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Very nice! Thank you for the update @Rudel

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It has also been decided that the two external 8K textures will once again be split back into separate 4K sets to help mitigate stuttering for low end computer systems, after several users have been reporting performance issues.

Im asking again, what will this mean for all current user made liverys? Willl we need to split our textures also? I have no problem with that.

Can you tell us, when aprox. will this happen?

Hope that this will come together with new corrected 3D model external fuel tanks :music_whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I love every minute of flying in the 21. Excellent work!

One question is there a now a more exact time frame for the SPO-10 RWR improvement since it is limiting the fighter a lot...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 8 months later...

We are slowly approaching the middle of October... of 2019 and the MiG-21bis is mostly in the same condition it has been for years. If you think I will buy an F-8 before I see meaningful progress on the MiG-21bis, you are living in fantasy land. Make no mistake, I want to see the F-8 in DCS World, but only if it is modeled as well or better than most other modules, not released at 80% complete and then in limbo for the next 5 or 10 years with intermittent patches that break as much as they fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are slowly approaching the middle of October... of 2019 and the MiG-21bis is mostly in the same condition it has been for years. If you think I will buy an F-8 before I see meaningful progress on the MiG-21bis, you are living in fantasy land. Make no mistake, I want to see the F-8 in DCS World, but only if it is modeled as well or better than most other modules, not released at 80% complete and then in limbo for the next 5 or 10 years with intermittent patches that break as much as they fix.

Not only that, but the christen eagle has been left in a poor state as well. Sounds are lacking in quality, the model seems to have aa issues. It feels very unfinished.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Not only that, but the christen eagle has been left in a poor state as well. Sounds are lacking in quality, the model seems to have aa issues. It feels very unfinished.

The external sounds of Mig-21 is also bad. Sounds like a turbofan passenger jet.... for 5 years...

Good luck with the CEII and the F-8, M3!

I will not jump the hype train on the F-8 as you guys need to make some really huge improvements on the mig-21(RWR, external sound for starters) The mig has some really old programing bugs that are not being addressed (have a look at the bug tracker) for me to believe that you can pull a F-8 off!

Would love M3 to prove me wrong though!!

The new Mig-21 pit is really huge to me! Hope its good! :thumbup:

I enjoy flying the Christan Eagle, but that guy in the back with Parkinson's desease...geez! I hope there's a planned fix for that.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4050687&postcount=15

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com