Map rendering in VR? Comms stops working?

Hi everybody- first off, I am loving this module. And in VR it's one of the coolest experiences I have had in gaming.

THE ISSUES: I am having a weird issue with the way the map renders in VR. Essentially, if I look at it straight on, all that renders is the blue/grey background and the icons for planes and such. HOWEVER, if I turn my head to the side, the map renders (in grid chunks) in part- flickering in my periphery. Is this a known issue, or is something perhaps setup incorrectly?

Also, The radio communications seem a little unpredictable. For example, I go into a cold start to fly around from point to point. I seem to have a limited number of times I can use the radio comms before it stops responding. If I ask ATC for startup, and ask the ground crew to run the starter, I can't get a third time to access the menu to request takeoff. I read that people have had better luck using the "push to talk" command of [r alt + \] but it really hasn't changed anything. Both scenarios, I only get a few successful button presses before it just stops doing anything- keyboard and HOTAS behave the same, btw. And in the campaign missions, I can't use the comms AT ALL. After the dogfights, I can't raise ATC when I RTB. Anybody seeing this?

I am running a dk2 with the updated SDK. I don't have any mods installed except for the chat and text enlarger, without which, radio and tooltips become really tough to read. Also, I am running a downloaded version from ED, not steam. I have it indexed in my steam library, but I don't use it (there's a conflict of taking screenshots and the comms menu option of F12)

Any advice on these two issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I rebuilt my install and comms menu is fine now. Map is still borked...

Edited by JiveMiguel