New software, information..help..purchase all modules

I have recently purchased the boxed version of A10C and P51. Not installed yet. I have in the past purchased the download version of Warthog (first release old). It is the only DCS software I have on my gaming computer. I have not upgraded nor have I purchased any other modules. I do not have DCS world installed.

I have also purchased in the past Black Shark, Lockon Platinum, and several duplicates of each. I have about 25 boxes of DCS, Eagle Dynamics, UBI, and Fighter collection flight sim software..including all the Flanker versions. (Plus about 200 other flight sims going wayyyyyback.)

My questions are; I want to install and purchase all the modules except Combine Arms, UH Huey, and Air Sea and Land.

(I know I will also have to purchase the upgrade of Black Shark.)

I have waited until I have felt most of the problems have been solved with combining all the modules with World. I have waited because I do not want to spend countless hours downloading software which may have problems and then have to download again and then try and tweek it all to get it to run on my system and then possibly having to do it again...which I would not.

I have not installed my two boxed versions of P51 and A10C. I hope they do not require World and will run by themselves. I say this as I hope to avoid any problems with getting all the modules and world installed and have it not operate correctly....as it is still all beta. I would have these two boxed versions to still be able to fly and enjoy.

Question ONE...how do I proceed with this. What do I download first and install first.....then what..I also want FC3..I want to avoid at this time any updates that will not operate correctly and ruin the whole operation. I would like to wait until the release of 1.2.5 and maybe a few weeks after to make sure no problems with that version. I hope all the versions in the E SHOP are the latest as I do not want o purchase them and then have to upgrade them or have the auto updater go crazy.

I will also purchase the second party ad on's. As they become available.

Please explain the relationship of DCS, UBI, Eagle Dynamics, Fighter Collection...????

I know in the marketing research the powers that be would like to know what type of Simulator they would best obtain their most profitable recovery. My two cents is I use these Flight Simulators for recreation and fun. I can appreciate the realistic type to a point. I like to fly...I do not mind a little procedure to begin. If you wanted the closest thing you can go to a flight school and do the real thing. And I do have a PIT that I have invested quite a tidy sum of money into. I had my Private license with several endorsements, multi engine, instrument. No longer,,,medical reasons have grounded me....I can still fly in the right seat.

I have a lot of fun with these simulators and can do without a lot of the procedural requirements in the more realistic types. Once you have started a real aircraft numerous times....it becomes redundant but too each ......

I do appreciate the more realistic flight characteristics.

I like Russian Aircraft. I like Jets. I like the software this company has and is willing to produce. I hope they continue...I am sure if they could financially, they would produce most of the aircraft in as realistic or playable as they could to please most of the flight sim audience.

I just purchased a radio controlled SU-35 thrust vectored twin fan Jet. Its 64 inches long and has 42inch wing span. Hang on......:D

Lazduc

Hi Lazduc,

to make it short:

1/ Make sure all your activations keys are under the same email account when you login at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

2/ Install DCS world (there's no land water addon, it's just advertisement)

3/ If you own BS1; install it, then install the BS2 UPGRADE over dcs world

4/ Download and install only the modules that you own over DCS world

5/ At first stat of a mission, you'll be prompted to insert your activation key for the modules

6/ Play, if newer version is released, there's an auto-updater that will come automatically upgrade your game without the need to reinstall everything

7/ For FC3 you need to have the very old lomac installed somewhere in your computer (you don't even need to run lomac, just have it installed, and once FC3 is working, you can uninstall lomac)

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Question ONE...how do I proceed with this

Download and install DCS World. Thereqafter download and install all the modules for which you have purchased a licence key for.

The above installation is the most up-to-date and obviously the install you are recommended to play. The standalone versions (box-sets) could be installed sepearately but honestly, why would you want to? IIRC you will not be able to patch as the standalone versions are no longer supported.

In any event, should you want to, just make sure the install paths and descriptions do not conflict with your World install and they will install completely separately. My advice would be not to bother.

Please explain the relationship of DCS, UBI, Eagle Dynamics, Fighter Collection...????

Ubisoft has no relationship with DCS.

ED is a subsidiary company with TFC being the Parent Company. TFC/ED is contractually bound to Ubisoft for royalties derived from the sale of the LOMAC product-line as Ubi was the publisher at time of release.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ubisoft has no relationship with DCS.

ED is a subsidiary company with TFC being the Parent Company. TFC/ED is contractually bound to Ubisoft for royalties derived from the sale of the LOMAC product-line as Ubi was the publisher at time of release.

Just to go slightly further with this, DCS is the name of the game and not a company. Digital Combat Simulator was created by ED/TFC.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612