Modular Panel WIP - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #151
aniron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanne118 View Post
2. Any particular reason why you used VGA connectors for the implementation of the RS-458 (MAX-485/-487)? Would that not leave you with a number of spare connections on the VGA connector, seeing as you only need 4 wires (VCC, GND, A, B)?
Those aren't VGA connectors.

VGA is DE-15, (15 pins in three rows), this is DE-9 (9 pins in two rows), or what would have been used for the serial port on an older, pre-USB computer.

I got a bunch of actual VGA connectors to use for this purpose along with cheap ubiquitous VGA cables where needed. Could probably push three RS-458 buses with some room to spare for backlighting, USB etc. through that.

Last edited by aniron; 12-10-2018 at 08:52 AM.
aniron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #152
Elphaba

Hi.

The tailhook, launch bar and 'other' switch top cover that you have on the rear of the warthog throttle - is this available to buy or plans for 3d printing?

I can't even find mention of what it's called or how it's works / mounts.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #153
aniron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Hi.

The tailhook, launch bar and 'other' switch top cover that you have on the rear of the warthog throttle - is this available to buy or plans for 3d printing?

I can't even find mention of what it's called or how it's works / mounts.
Blue has posted those files here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217518
aniron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #154
Blue73

Hi All,

I've had to change direction with the whole air unit design. I had completed and installed the right hand air unit, but the second set of 40mm fans made it too loud. The single set on the left was okay but with the right, it's too much.

So I'm breaking my modular design for the air unit. It is an add-on to the upright frame so it's optional. The frame itself will become a slave unit.

This is still work in progress so I'm not certain it will be the final solution.

This is the fan suspension mounts that inserts between the bars of the base. The 3d printing layering locks this in tightly with no glue.

Here's the mounts installed with the elastic bands to provide mechanical isolation with the frame. No fan vibration is transferred to the frame using this method.

The San Ace 80 fan mount.

Fan is hooked into the bands using 3d printed T mounts glued to the fan base mount.

Upper and lower air ducts. The upper duct is a prototype and will be molded into the upper frame. It has guide vanes to evenly rotate the airflow 30 degrees. The lower will be glued to the base of the upper frame. To prevent the transfer of vibration, no physical contact is made with base of the duct and the fan.

Mock-up that shows roughly where the ducts will be installed.

cheers

John

Last edited by Blue73; 12-15-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Current CAD Design, missing box duct.
Blue73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #155
Battis

Speechless! Simply amazing!!!